Author Topic: I want it to be illegal for an American citizen to own a gun.  (Read 5183 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
I want it to be illegal for an American citizen to own a gun.
« on: November 07, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »
NCTraveler (24,215 posts)                        https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029809835

Not going to apologize for it.

The only exception would be to those who are registered to hunt within their state. That registration must stay current. Extensive vetting and a six month waiting period. Only hunting rifles can be purchased. Feds would control the vetting and monitoring of hunting licenses. States would issue the hunting license.

Next up. "That's not even close to reality gun grabber. You are so far out there." Hey gun humper, neither was gay marriage fifty years ago. We will win this fight. It will take decades. The Florida National Guard is a well regulated militia. My drunk neighbor doesn't regulate anything well.

:stoner:

MineralMan Rockhead(99,955 posts)
10. Also, all firearms and ammo have to be stored at a secure armory

at a shooting range or hunting club facility. That's how they handle personal firearms on military bases for people who live on base. It would work just fine for civilians, too. You go, check out your personal firearm for your hunting trip and return it afterwards.

Good lord   :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: I want it to be illegal for an American citizen to own a gun.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 01:05:43 PM »
Say the morons that don't hunt......
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 01:10:28 PM »
Yeah, good luck changing the constitution. 

Now how about we apply that to abortion  since that is not in the constitution. a 6 month waiting period after seeking the abortion sounds good.

How about vetting and issuing licenses to voters? Bad voters can do more damage to the US than guns do.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 01:27:10 PM »
Say the morons that don't hunt......

...or cannot pass an NICS background check.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:32:48 PM by fatboy »
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »
NCTraveler (24,215 posts)                        https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029809835

I want it to be illegal for illegal aliens to live in this Country, get welfare, free medical care and schooling, take jobs away from U.S. Citizens.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »
Well, I want all the DUmmies to die.  That's not gonna happen either.

So, you DUmmies want only the police and military to have guns, yet you fear the police and military because you think they're authoritarians and Fascists.  And they're going to be under the control of your mortal enemies every so often.  How do people fit conflicting thoughts like that inside your tiny little brains?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 02:27:27 PM »
They sure spend a lot of time circle jerking each other over things that are never going to happen.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 03:15:57 PM »
I want to be able to run/walk a sub-3-hour half marathon.

That's more likely to happen than DU-folks' fantasies of repealing the 2nd Amendment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »
We will win this fight

Only a delusional fool would believe so, which is why it's not surprising to see such drivel coming from DU.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline fatboy

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 03:45:07 PM »
DUmmy half-wit and certified nut case hunter chimes in:

Response to hack89 (Reply #66)

Tue Nov 7, 2017, 03:51 PM

Star Member hunter (27,174 posts)

69. I can be proactive too.

I don't respect the second amendment as it is now interpreted by the courts, nor do I respect gun fetishes.

Whenever I encounter a gun fetishist I regard dangerous, I will do what I can to disarm them, no matter they are family, friend, or complete stranger. (Sadly, a few of them have been fourteen year olds and supposed adults of similar intellectual development...)

No, I do not respect your right to bear arms, even as an adult. So sue me. <--- Looks like a 302 involuntary is on the docket.

If you want to fix a bullet hole in a car, Bondo works pretty well.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
DUmmy half-wit and certified nut case hunter chimes in:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PEW PEW PEW!  :killemall:

Dear lord please let our paths cross so you can show me your awesome disarming skills.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline dixierose

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »
I refused to get preached to about the evil of guns by people who don't have a problem with ripping a baby apart in the womb.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »

The only exception would be to those who are registered to hunt within their state. That registration must stay current. Extensive vetting and a six month waiting period. Only hunting rifles can be purchased. Feds would control the vetting and monitoring of hunting licenses. States would issue the hunting license.

Next up. "That's not even close to reality gun grabber. You are so far out there." Hey gun humper, neither was gay marriage fifty years ago. We will win this fight. It will take decades. The Florida National Guard is a well regulated militia. My drunk neighbor doesn't regulate anything well.

I want it to be illegal for liberals to espouse their views... or to even live in this country for that matter. I want it to be illegal for any religion that is not christian based.  Not going to apologize for it.  /sarcasm off  <=== since dummies are too stupid to recognize it.

See how that works, dummie? You want to kill the 2nd amendment and I want to kill the first.   Maybe we could all get together and pick which amendments we can kill.  You kill the second, we kill the first, and so on. Before long there would be no constitutional guarantees. Do you really want that, dummies?  The GOP controls all 2/3 of the federal government right now.

Be careful what you wish for... you just may get it.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline fatboy

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 06:48:40 PM »
I refused to get preached to about the evil of guns by people who don't have a problem with ripping a baby apart in the womb.

and at the taxpayers expense.

MineralMan Rockhead(99,955 posts)
10. Also, all firearms and ammo have to be stored at a secure armory

at a shooting range or hunting club facility. That's how they handle personal firearms on military bases for people who live on base. It would work just fine for civilians, too. You go, check out your personal firearm for your hunting trip and return it afterwards.

Gonna need a bigger armory!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:51:05 PM by fatboy »

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »
Response to hack89 (Reply #66)

Tue Nov 7, 2017, 03:51 PM

Star Member hunter (27,174 posts)

69. I can be proactive too.

I don't respect the second amendment as it is now interpreted by the courts, nor do I respect gun fetishes.

Have you ever read a history book about the American Revolution? I asked because knowing what led up to the Constitution (and Second Amendment) will give you an idea of what the writers actually intended.

I'll try to give you a Reader's Digest version. The colonists (Americans) fought to free themselves from what they viewed as a tyrannical government (The British king). The British king didn't want the colonist to be free so he had the British military deal with them. The British military of the day was tough. Well armed. Well trained. And large in numbers. The American military was not as well trained, not as well armed, and not very large in numbers. The colonists had something going for them in addition to the regular military and that was the citizen soldier. You may have heard them referred to as minutemen. They were just regular citizens. Farmers, builders, etc. They used their own weapons. Some had muskets. Some had rifles. Some had shotguns.

In other words, the combination of regular soldiers and regular citizens (using the same weapons) defeated the British military and freed the colonies from the king's tyranny.

When the guys got together to create the Constitution they had enough common sense to know that despite their best efforts any government could eventually turn tyrannical. They also had the common sense to know that if the government did turn tyrannical the possibility existed that the tyrant would control at least some (if not all) of the military. If the tyrant controls the military the only way back to freedom would fall on the shoulders of the citizens. Because of this the citizens would need to be armed. Not with sling-shots. Not with pea-shooters. They would need to be armed with weapons capable of fighting against a military essentially gone bad.

With that in mind, tell me how the second amendment should be interpreted.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:21:18 PM by FlippyDoo »
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 09:25:26 PM »

I want Cheerios and a sippy cup and a wooden spoon to bang on my high chair.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 07:40:40 AM »

:hi5: earned and issued! More than a few DU-grade Progs celebrate that ripping apart babies, while trying to suppress pictures of the process and results.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »

Again, we are told we are crazy when we say gun control will eventually lead to gun confiscation.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 08:16:59 AM »
I want it to be illegal for illegal aliens to live in this Country, get welfare, free medical care and schooling, take jobs away from U.S. Citizens.

This   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Andddd :hi5:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 08:54:49 PM »
Where does the 2nd Amendment mention anything about hunting?

I must have been absent from school that day...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 07:35:45 AM »

So you just want all the illegals to be able to own them? :thatsright: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »
Yeah, good luck changing the constitution. 

@thundley4

You are kidding,right? The left has been shredding the US Constitution since at least the 1940's.  It's the only thing they are good at.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 07:01:51 PM »
@thundley4

You are kidding,right? The left has been shredding the US Constitution since at least the 1940's.  It's the only thing they are good at.

So far the 2nd has somewhat held up from the worst of the damage.

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 07:07:19 AM »
So far the 2nd has somewhat held up from the worst of the damage.

@thundley4

Then you must have a short memory,or be a lot younger than I am. I can remember being able to order rifles and pistols through the mail. Being able to buy a surplus 03 Springfield in excellent condition for $12.95 plus shipping sticks in my mind. I forget how much 1911A1's were because I was more interested in rifles,but they were cheaper.

I can also remember every attempt to void the Second Amendment ever since that illegal Gun Control Act of 1968 was put into place. If the government can regulate your right,it is not a right,it is a privilege.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 01:01:51 AM »
Just save us the time and tell us you want to just rule like kings and queens and get rid of the whole constitution and the Bill of rights altogether.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"