Author Topic: Question about fonts  (Read 10748 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

Question about fonts
« on: November 03, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »
OK I admit it... I ain't the brightest bulb in the bunch when it comes to site parms. Back before the recent problem the font on the quotes was a tad larger than what it is now. Seeing as I am about half blind, is there anyway to change that? I can barely see anything quoted in posts. The regular posts are the same size, it is just the quotes that are small.  Gives me a headache. If I make everything larger then I can't read the regular posts.  I went to account settings and could not find anything about that.

Sucks getting old.  :banghead:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Question about fonts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:53:54 AM »
OK I admit it... I ain't the brightest bulb in the bunch when it comes to site parms. Back before the recent problem the font on the quotes was a tad larger than what it is now. Seeing as I am about half blind, is there anyway to change that? I can barely see anything quoted in posts. The regular posts are the same size, it is just the quotes that are small.  Gives me a headache. If I make everything larger then I can't read the regular posts.  I went to account settings and could not find anything about that.

Sucks getting old.  :banghead:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   :cheersmate:

Something I do across the board that's completely apart from the forum's software - just click and hold Ctrl while adjusting the wheel of your mouse (assuming you use a mouse -- I can't not use a mouse). The entire screen will enlarge or reduce depending on which way you roll the wheel.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline GOP Congress

HERE IS THE FIX FOR THAT ISSUE
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »
I saw the same thing. There is a fix.

Not sure how you access the main files for this site, but you are looking for a file called "index.css" . Open it in editing mode.

Scroll down to line 296, you will see the following:

/* Line 296 */
blockquote.bbc_standard_quote, blockquote.bbc_alternate_quote
{
  font-size: x-small;

Note that the font-size value is set at x-small. This line should be "commented out."

To do this add the comment tags (/* and */ to the line as shown in red):

/* font-size: x-small; */

Click Save File. That will fix the blockquote font size issue.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:58:59 PM by GOP Congress »
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »
{{BUMP}}

Is it possible to adjust the site CSS to accommodate the above fix? Thanks.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:52:31 PM »
Please consider fixing, or can you let us know if the fix is not possible? Thanks. Squinting is not really my thing these days.