Author Topic: Impeachment articles to be filed before Thanksgiving  (Read 5262 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Impeachment articles to be filed before Thanksgiving
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »
struggle4progress (93,744 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029782067

Impeachment articles to be filed before Thanksgiving

... Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Illinois, told the Chicago Tribune the group is currently meeting with constitutional scholars to solidify the case against the Republican president. He did not specify what the charges against Trump would be.

"I assure you we will not leave you lacking for reason," Gutierrez said ...

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/impeachment_articles_to_be_fil.html

The [D]s already tried this once... but they ran away before the house to take it to the floor. You seriously think they will do it again?

Star Member bluepen (578 posts)
1. Already been done at least once. I know he is promising

a more coordinated effort this time, but I doubt it’ll go anywhere.

Like Pelosi and Schumer, I’ll wait for the Mueller report. Let’s get it right.

::)

Star Member still_one (54,442 posts)
3. That is exactly what needs to happen, wait for te full Mueller report. Absolutely nothing will

result from this under republican control of House, but when the Mueller report is complete, that is when it becomes real if it is going to happen, because it will provide the evidence for impeachment.

The republican House investigation of the Russian links was a sham, the Mueller investigation is independent

Kirk Lover (36 posts)
6. Even though I of course believe there is more than enough reason to impeach this very

moment I think it should not be attempted at this time. This needs to play out. Mueller and his million dollar mean dream team ain't no slouches...they got this. Dem's should slow this roll.

Star Member moriah (6,470 posts)
13. Only because we need Pence solidly implicated too.

If nothing else, we need proof he chose NOT to know about certain things. If there's a pattern that can prove our VP knew hanky-panky of a more than sexual kind was happening and did nothing to stop it, that should be our first priority to identify.

If they'd just impeached Nixon, we'd have had Agnew. We need at the very least proof our modern-day Agnew is deliberately choosing to "see no evil" and to use the leverage from all of this to get someone who doesn't watch the Handmaid's Tale on Hulu for inspiration installed as VP first.

TomSlick (508 posts)
11. I now that I'm swimming against the current but its too soon.

This bullet can be fired only once. There is no reason to file an impeachment resolution in the House so long as it would have no chance.

I'm as eager as anyone to see Trump impeached but - please - give Mueller more time to flip more of the Trump minions. As fast as things are moving, the question for me is whether there is an impeachment vote before or after the 2018 election. If the Repugnants think Trump is going to be a drag on their reelection prospects, they will throw him over. Failing that, a Democratic controlled House can proceed after the 2018 election.

The correct order is Ready, Aim, Fire. We're still in the Ready phase.

:o

Star Member BBG (326 posts)
14. Hold on Slick

There ain’t no double jeopardy on filing impeachment that I ever heard of. Impeach early, often and for all time, practice makes perfect.

TomSlick (508 posts)
16. Yes, thank you. I know that double jeopardy only applies to criminal cases.

I'm not talking about double jeopardy or any other legal restraint.

As a political matter, the public will not tolerate multiple attempts at impeachment. Impeachment is a grave matter that must be addressed gravely. If we mean it, we need to act like we mean it.

No prosecutor would file a criminal case until s/he knew the case could be proven. An impeachment is not a criminal case but it would be equally foolish to file articles of impeachment until the ducks are not all marching in a single column.

Ready - then - Aim - and only then - Fire.

Never gonna happen...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: Impeachment articles to be filed before Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:57:09 PM »
The false hope syndrome: unrealistic expectations

Abstract

People appear to behave paradoxically, by persisting in repeated self-change attempts despite previous failures. It is argued, though, that self-change attempts provide some initial rewards even when unsuccessful. Feelings of control and optimism often accompany the early stages of self-modification efforts. In addition, unrealistic expectations concerning the ease, speed, likely degree of change, and presumed benefits of changing may overwhelm the knowledge of one's prior failures. It is thus important to learn to distinguish between potentially feasible and impossible self-change goals in order to avoid overconfidence and false hopes leading to eventual failure and distress.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11466595
Deplorable since 2016

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 07:04:29 AM »
I can picture it now. :lmao: Melania holds up a picture of Luis Gutierrez, "Barron, this is what stupid looks like. Don't be stupid." :lmao:

Does Speaker Ryan have the cajones to call the Ds' bluff again?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 07:44:15 AM »
This is what is called building a world of delusion and then moving in to live in it.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »
Luis Gutierrez is an outspoken ass hole of the smelliest kind. He is as annoying as anthony weiner was when he had a job. These do nothing dems are just grandstanding to try to impress their base that they are doing something, while ignoring all the important issues that concern the average citizen.

They will never learn :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
Luis Gutierrez is an outspoken ass hole of the smelliest kind. He is as annoying as anthony weiner was when he had a job. These do nothing dems are just grandstanding to try to impress their base that they are doing something, while ignoring all the important issues that concern the average citizen.

They will never learn :thatsright:

But their base keeps sending them back.  They are the stupid ones.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 02:45:03 PM »
Demonrat wet dream, nothing more than mental masterbation...

Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »
And just who are they going to impeach? The f**king Turkey? :thatsright:

It is to bad stupid isn't more painful.

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 06:29:10 PM »
Luis Gutierrez  :rotf:

http://freebeacon.com/politics/luis-gutierrez-paid-wife-over-300k/
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/rep_luis_gutierrez_has_paid_his_wife_over_400_in_campaign_funds.html

from the most gerrymandered district of all:

he can make Blumenthal over in the Senate seem moral.

Someone should collect maps of some of the snakier gerrymandered D districts and plop a map into every thread where DU-folk invoke the Demonic G-Word.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 08:21:30 AM »
In his quest to undo obama's legacy, President Trump has rescinded the pardon for the turkey obama granted last year. The turkey will be served for Thanksgiving dinner at the White House. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Online tuolumnejim

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »
But wouldn't Trump have to do something illegal first, you know like lie to Congress?  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »
But wouldn't Trump have to do something illegal first, you know like lie to Congress?  :-)

According to the DUmmies, being elected over HELLary is a crime... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 09:14:42 AM »
We only have 17 more impeachment days till Thanksgiving. that is 13 business days as well. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 09:20:15 AM »
In his quest to undo obama's legacy, President Trump has rescinded the pardon for the turkey obama granted last year. The turkey will be served for Thanksgiving dinner at the White House. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ok, now THAT would be a pretty good troll. The propaganda outlets would implode. hahaha!
Dang I wish he'd actually do that... and on twitter too. Geez they wouldn't know WHICH way to run with that one.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:58 PM »
We only have 17 more impeachment days till Thanksgiving. that is 13 business days as well. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Is that more or less than 24 business hours?

I lost my conversion chart...

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 11:34:43 PM »

My chart says "yes".
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 06:27:04 AM »

More than 24 business hours but less than Omaha Steve's time left on earth because he is still dying you know.  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 08:20:06 AM »
More than 24 business hours but less than Omaha Steve's time left on earth because he is still dying you know.  :whatever:

He is?  Haven't noticed the weeping Neckbeard post an update in a while.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 08:59:46 AM »
Just a week to go to Thanksgiving (ThanksGreening?)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
According to the Bilderburg group who were told by the Iluminati who decoded the Da Vinci codes the Trilateral commission is ready with a list of charges.

They will be filed in 24 hours.

Trump is toast!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And obama's turkey will be served for Thanksgiving dinner at Miralago.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 03:24:51 PM »
My chart says "yes".

Just found mine, I must have a different version.

Mine says:. "Bank on it!"

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Indeed   :lmao:  :lmao:   :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »

You've got a newer version . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 05:55:05 PM »

FINALLY!  A  real impeachable offense!!!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.