Author Topic: Lymphoma?  (Read 13452 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Lymphoma?
« on: October 30, 2017, 05:22:42 AM »
Gang, I had a scare over the summer, where I had a muscle spasm in my chest, right next to my sternum.  I was laying on the couch at the time, and I rocketed off the couch as the spasm hit.  Before my feet hit the floor, the spasm was over.  I talked to my primary care doc, and he suggested a C/T scan of my upper chest.  The scan came back, and what it showed was that I had several swollen lymph nodes in my upper chest, around my esophagus and in my armpits.  I had a few stomach bugs this spring/summer, as well as a bacterial upper respitory infection, and bronchitis (which is vital, as I found out), so I wasn't surprised to have swollen lymph nodes.

My primary then scheduled a full torso C/T scan, which found the same swollen lymph nodes.  So, after consulting an oncologist, I decided to have an entire lymph node removed from my right armpit.  That surgery was last Tuesday.  I get the results of the biopsy tomorrow, maybe even late today.  It could be 1) nothing; 2) a 'low-grade' lymphoma, 3) full-blown lymphoma.  I'm pretty sure that it's the first one, but Tom Petty was right about things like this:  The waiting is the hardest part.  If anyone could spare a few prayers, I'd be grateful.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline cmypay

Re: Lymphoma?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »
Prayers! Hoping it is the first, just an effect of the earlier infections.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 06:24:26 AM »
Prayers for sure!

My wife had a lymphoma in her intestine removed 3 years ago.  It was complete and she remains cancer-free but we continuously worry that it will return.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »
An update:  my oncologist called me and said, "I can't do anything for you--the biopsy came back benign."  Thanks to those who prayed!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »
An update:  my oncologist called me and said, "I can't do anything for you--the biopsy came back benign."  Thanks to those who prayed!

:yahoo:

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 05:27:37 AM »
Great news
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 07:17:40 AM »
Great news, BSS!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 08:53:29 AM »
Just saw this.  Outstanding!  Great news.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 01:59:25 PM »
 :yahoo:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »

Great news!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 04:46:37 PM »
 :cheersmate:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 04:58:37 PM »

Thank God! :)

Thanks for sharing the good news.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 05:48:59 PM »

That's the most awesome thing I've read this week!
These things have a way of reminding us not to stray from God... even when it happens to someone else.
Very happy for you!