Author Topic: QB Colin Kaepernick filing grievance for collusion against NFL owners  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21035352/colin-kaepernick-filing-grievance-nfl-owners-collusion

Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick will file a grievance under the latest collective bargaining agreement against NFL owners for collusion, according to a document obtained by ABC News.

Kaepernick is not going through the NFL Players Association but has instead hired attorney Mark Geragos, who has represented several high-profile clients, including Michael Jackson, former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield and musician Chris Brown.

The filing, which demands an arbitration hearing on the matter, says the NFL and its owners "have colluded to deprive Mr. Kaepernick of employment rights in retaliation for Mr. Kaepernick's leadership and advocacy for equality and social justice and his bringing awareness to peculiar institutions still undermining racial equality in the United States."
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

Re: QB Colin Kaepernick filing grievance for collusion against NFL owners
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »
Didn't he turn down a contract with the 49er's shortly after this crap started?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 09:01:40 PM »
Didn't he turn down a contract with the 49er's shortly after this crap started?

Yup.  And the sh*t storm continues... :banghead: :popcorn:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 06:10:30 AM »
The filing, which demands an arbitration hearing on the matter, says the NFL and its owners "have colluded to deprive Mr. Kaepernick of employment rights in retaliation for Mr. Kaepernick's leadership

Even if true, this is not a cause of action.  There is no right to a job in any profession.  Collusion is only illegal when it affects consumer rights, prices and/or stocks and bonds trading.

If it makes it past appeal, kaperdink is now demanding the NFL explicitly say he sucks as a QB.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:11 AM »
Even if true, this is not a cause of action.  There is no right to a job in any profession.  Collusion is only illegal when it affects consumer rights, prices and/or stocks and bonds trading.

If it makes it past appeal, kaperdink is now demanding the NFL explicitly say he sucks as a QB.

He'd damage his brand so bad, the CFL might not even pick him up . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 08:29:58 AM »
They should hire him to clean the toilets. :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »
Kaepernick is not going through the NFL Players Association but has instead hired attorney Mark Geragos, who has represented several high-profile clients, including Michael Jackson, former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield and musician Chris Brown.

3 former clients with known substance abuse problems.  Is crapernick trying to subtly tell us he has a problem...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »
My dream scenario in this is for a protracted and uber-expensive process, Kaep losing, Kaep waking up to being broke, Kaep's GF waking up to him being broke, and GF taking a hike in search of fresh gold-diggings.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 10:20:10 AM »
My dream scenario in this is for a protracted and uber-expensive process, Kaep losing, Kaep waking up to being broke, Kaep's GF waking up to him being broke, and GF taking a hike in search of fresh gold-diggings.

That is exactly what the spoiled jackass deserves. :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!