Author Topic: Tennessee Titans Player Says He’ll Quit The NFL If Forced To Stand For Anthem  (Read 3129 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Tennessee Titans Player Says He’ll Quit The NFL If Forced To Stand For The Anthem

Tennessee Titans player Rishard Matthews tweeted Thursday that he’ll quit the NFL if the league implements a rule forcing players to stand during the anthem.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/12/tennessee-titans-player-says-hell-quit-the-nfl-if-forced-to-stand-for-the-anthem/

Offline Old n Grumpy

Yeah, right. He will quit, then what, wash cars for a living?

These Idiots are so stupid they don't understand that their job is to play a game to satisfy the fans. They need to be taken down a couple of notches and get in touch with reality. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline HAPPY2BME

Yeah, right. He will quit, then what, wash cars for a living?

These Idiots are so stupid they don't understand that their job is to play a game to satisfy the fans. They need to be taken down a couple of notches and get in touch with reality. :thatsright:

==============================

NAACP Claims Cowboys Owner Violating Players’ Constitutional Rights By Banning National Anthem Protests

Via The Hill:

The NAACP on Tuesday condemned Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’s decision not to allow his team’s players from taking the field if they kneel in protest during the national anthem.

“Jerry Jones’ comments are more than tone-deaf, more than misinformed and misguided – they are a public commitment by an NFL owner to violate his players’ Constitutional right to free speech,” Tony Covington, a former NFL safety and the NAACP’s senior director of corporate affairs, said in the group’s statement.

“This is not an issue about our flag, this is an issue about police brutality, (racism, and the ability of members of the NFL whose communities are disproportionately impacted by police misconduct to peacefully say enough,” added NAACP interim President and CEO Derrick Johnson.

Jones took a hard stance on the controversial protests on Sunday, saying that any team member who is “disrespectful to the flag” will not be allowed to play in games, and added that the National Football League should not withstand such disrespect either.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/354763-naacp-cowboys-owners-comments-a-public-commitment-to-violate-players?amp

Offline HAPPY2BME

Offline HAPPY2BME

Offline Adam Wood

Been a teeth-gritting Titans fan since they left Houston.  Not any more.  I quit watching football halfway through last season and refused to watch any of it, even the Super Bowl.  Tried again this year, quit watching in pre-season when they started their anti-American shit up again.

You're just not that beloved around here, Rishard.  You're not Eddie George or Steve McNair or Frank Wycheck.  Those are guys who would get respect for saying something like that, because they EARNED that respect.  You haven't, Rishard.  You're still just another crybaby ball player, and the fans are leaving the stadium in droves.

On the plus side, it means that tailgating will be a lot easier in the A lot because there are going to be a lot more empty spaces now.  Sucks for my dad that the value of his PSL is dropping faster than an AMC Pacer pushed off of a cliff, though.

Offline SVPete

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

BFD, an opening for someone new.  One door closes, another opens...for the NFL, not for this assclown.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

One of these days a few fans will have a few to many brewski's and get totally fed up with this crap. They along with a thousand other fed up fans will swarm the field and show those ass holes what they really think about them and their phony protest.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline HAPPY2BME

One of these days a few fans will have a few to many brewski's and get totally fed up with this crap. They along with a thousand other fed up fans will swarm the field and show those ass holes what they really think about them and their phony protest.

==================

Moms react after anthem protests go from NFL to schools

[youtube]https://youtu.be/GzwRGWTTFmY[/youtube]

Offline HAPPY2BME

Man, Finances Plane To Pull ‘Boycott Jags, NFL’ Banner Above Everbank Field

Is Goodell getting the message?

Via Action News Jax:

A man from Green Cove Springs took his issues with the Jacksonville Jaguars and the NFL to the sky on Sunday.

At 1,000 feet, you could read the statement on the plane-towed banner saying, “Be American. Boycott the Jags and the NFL.”

Terry Smiley had the message printed on a banner that was flown above Everbank Field before the Jacksonville Jaguars’ game against the Los Angeles Rams.

This all-American sport is dividing fans after some NFL players took a knee during the national anthem.

“I am asking people to boycott the football games. I don’t watch it on TV,” Smiley said.

People’s feelings about politics and football seem to bleed together on the turf. “People need to realize the true message that they’re trying to send,” Jaguars fan Jay Crossman said.

Smiley said he was disgusted by the Jags players who knelt in London. Now, he’s taking a stand, making his voice be heard.

“Do you believe in your country? Do you believe in ‘The Star-Spangle Banner’? If you don’t stand up for it now, you won’t have it in the future,” Smiley said.

As a former Jags fan, he hired a pilot to fly his banner over the stadium for two hours to send his message about players kneeling.

“I have the right to protest and I’m going to protest it with bumper stickers, airplanes – whatever I go to do. I will continue to protest,” Smiley said.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/green-cove-springs-man-finances-plane-to-pull-boycott-jags-nfl-banner-above-everbank-field/625137675