Author Topic: Boy Scouts Announce Plans To Admit Girls  (Read 1862 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Boy Scouts Announce Plans To Admit Girls
« on: October 11, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
Via Breaking911:

Irving, Texas – October 11, 2017 – Today, the Boy Scouts of America Board of Directors unanimously approved to welcome girls into its iconic Cub Scout program and to deliver a Scouting program for older girls that will enable them to advance and earn the highest rank of Eagle Scout.

The historic decision comes after years of receiving requests from families and girls, the organization evaluated the results of numerous research efforts, gaining input from current members and leaders, as well as parents and girls who’ve never been involved in Scouting – to understand how to offer families an important additional choice in meeting the character development needs of all their children.

“This decision is true to the BSA’s mission and core values outlined in the Scout Oath and Law. The values of Scouting – trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent, for example – are important for both young men and women,” said Michael Surbaugh, the BSA’s Chief Scout Executive. “We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children. We strive to bring what our organization does best – developing character and leadership for young people – to as many families and youth as possible as we help shape the next generation of leaders.”

http://breaking911.com/breaking-boy-scouts-announce-plans-admit-girls/

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Boy Scouts Announce Plans To Admit Girls
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »
When I was an 11 year old scout, I would have loved to go camping with girls.  :naughty:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »
Just another example of the long, slow, steady decline of what the Boy Scouts used to call "morally straight" (part of the Scout Oath at one time) behavior and thinking.

When they allowed the gays in, that destroyed the organization AFAIC.

Earned the Eagle Scout rank in 1970. I wouldn't piss on the organization if it were on fire these days, much less contribute money or serve as an adult leader.

They made their bed -- they can lie in it.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:50:54 AM »
Well, I can see why they're doing it, it's just going to be a bad idea in the long run.  My sons and daughter were in scouts, daughter's experience in the Girl Scouts was more of a Junior Bitches Club than positive, she did not care for it, so if others have had similar experiences, I can see why the girls would prefer the BSA for doing more interesting things for those with an outdoorsy bent.  At the same time, if they thought they had sex abuse problems BEFORE they let the Ghey back in, they ain't seen nuthin' yet.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.