Author Topic: Matt Damon, Russell Crowe actively killed sexual abuse exposé on Weinstein  (Read 1005 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Reporter says Matt Damon, Russell Crowe actively killed sexual abuse exposé on Weinstein 13-years ago

Waxman, the founder of The Wrap, said in an op-ed over the weekend that The New York Times “gutted” a story she did in 2004 about Weinstein’s alleged sexual abuse.

after actors Matt Damon and Russell Crowe intervened.

.@BenAffleck, @HarveyWeinstein and Matt Damon at Friday's live table read of Good Will Hunting. #LiveReadNY pic.twitter.com/1wDj1e7dbM

— NYTLive (@NYTLive) October 10, 2016

“After intense pressure from Weinstein, which included having Matt Damon and Russell Crowe call me directly to vouch for Lombardo and unknown discussions well above my head at the Times, the story was gutted,” Waxman wrote.

“I was told at the time that Weinstein had visited the newsroom in person to make his displeasure known,” she said. “I knew he was a major advertiser in the Times, and that he was a powerful person overall.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/10/09/reporter-says-matt-damon-russell-crowe-actively-killed-sexual-abuse-expose-weinstein-13-years-ago-546642

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Former NYT Writer: Matt Damon, Russell Crowe Tried To Bury Weinstein Story

Then, she spoke to a woman in London who had been paid off by Weinstein after an “unwanted sexual encounter” and was scared to speak up because of her non-disclosure agreement.

“The story I reported never ran,” Waxman asserts.

“After intense pressure from Weinstein, which included having Matt Damon and Russell Crowe call me directly to vouch for Lombardo and unknown discussions well above my head at the Times, the story was gutted,” she states. “I was told at the time that Weinstein had visited the newsroom in person to make his displeasure known.”

Waxman says the story that the Times ran did not include any of her reporting about sexual favors or the pay-off.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/09/former-nyt-writer-matt-damon-russell-crowe-tried-to-bury-weinstein-story/