Author Topic: Editorial: In silencing the ACLU, BLM shut down an important ally  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Editorial: In silencing the ACLU, BLM shut down an important ally
http://www.richmond.com/opinion/our-opinion/editorial-in-silencing-the-aclu-blm-shut-down-an-important/article_a737ccc9-45ef-5edb-98f6-f2f31f8bce44.html

“Liberalism is white supremacy,” according to protesters at William & Mary who shut down a discussion with the ACLU about free speech on campus last week. The protesters with Black Lives Matter then boasted about doing so on Facebook.

College protesters are often marked by an inversely proportional relationship between their passion for an issue and their understanding of it. So the BLM demonstrators probably missed the absurdity of their own position. As they continued to disrupt the event, one of the organizers handed over a microphone so they could read a prepared statement.

“When is the free speech of the oppressed protected?” one of the protesters said. “We know from personal experience that rights granted to wealthy, white, cis, male, straight bodies do not trickle down to marginalized groups. We face greater barriers and consequences for speaking.”

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Editorial: In silencing the ACLU, BLM shut down an important ally
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »
 the oppressed, oppression, messy jessie and al sharp tongue wore that out decades ago. Don't they know that people get tired of the same old worn out rhetoric. :thatsright: :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Editorial: In silencing the ACLU, BLM shut down an important ally
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
Why is the image of a circular firing squad coming into my mind, when I hear about this? :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.