Author Topic: Jimmy Kimmel on Vegas: Republicans ‘Should Be Praying for God to Forgive Them’  (Read 4464 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
This is THE *REAL* MSM.  Their HATE LIST is short:  White MEN, Christians, and Conservatives.

Any questions?

================

by Ian Mason3 Oct 2017

Late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel opened his program Monday with a ten-minute political rant about Sunday’s mass murder in Las Vegas, saying “now is the time for political debate” about gun control.

Dismissing as inadequate calls for prayers for the victims by President Donald Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), the Jimmy Kimmel Live host said: “they should be praying for God to forgive them for letting the gun lobby run this country.”

“There are a lot of things we could do about it. But we don’t,” he continued, “which is interesting because when someone with a beard attacks us, we tap phones, we invoke travel bans, we build walls, we take every possible precaution to make sure it doesn’t happen again. But when an American buys a gun and kills other Americans, then there’s nothing we can do about that.”

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ruYeBXudsds[/youtube]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/10/03/jimmy-kimmel-vegas-republicans-praying-god-forgive/

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Used to enjoy Kimmel.  But it seems he inherited the bitter old leftist man routine to follow in the path of Letterman.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline HAPPY2BME

7 Deceptive Claims Jimmy Kimmel Made About Guns in One Monologue

1. Kimmel said, “Orlando, Aurora, Newtown, San Bernardino, [in] every one of these shootings the murderer used automatic or semiautomatic rifles.” The inclusion of the word “automatic” is very misleading. In all four instances the rifle used was semiautomatic, period. Pistols were also present. Moreover, Kimmel did not mention that in three of the four instances, the attackers acquired their guns via background checks. Exceptions to this would be the rifles used in San Bernardino–they were acquired via a friend–but the San Bernardino handguns were acquired via a background check. And the guns used by the Newtown attacker were stolen. He stole them from someone who passed a background check for them.

2. Kimmel made the classic leftist claim that AR-15s and the like “are not weapons used for self-defense.” In doing so, he ignored the report of the Houston boy who used his father’s AR-15 to defend his sister’s life during a home invasion. When the two intruders broke into the home, the boy grabbed his father’s AR and shot one of them three times. He also ignored the Michigan gas station owner who stopped a robbery in progress at his station by pulling his AR-15 on the robbers. He also ignored the Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, son who was home alone when he used his father’s AR-15 to stop a home invasion by shooting all three suspects. The suspects died but the son’s life was preserved.

3. He accused President Trump of “signing a bill that made it easier for people with severe mental illness to buy guns legally.” This was a reference to Trump’s repeal of Obama’s Social Security gun ban; a ban that was actually not directed toward people with severe mental illness but toward recipients of disability benefits who required help with finances. Yes, mental health labels were given to these people, but those labels could reference easily treatable and temporary conditions. This is why Duke University psychiatry and behavioral science professor Jeffrey Swanson said Obama’s Social Security gun ban targeted the “vulnerable” rather than the dangerous.

4. He said that House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell “won’t do anything about [the attack] because the NRA has their balls in a money clip.” In reality, Breitbart News has been reporting that NRA-supported legislation revolving around concealed carry reciprocity has stalled because of Ryan.

5. Kimmel said, “Right now, there are loopholes in the law that let people avoid background checks if they buy a gun privately–from another party–if they buy a gun online or at a gun show.” For starters, there is no loophole. The Second Amendment was ratified in 1791 and since that point (and before), Americans have been buying guns from Americans. It is not a loophole, it is freedom. The left pushed background checks and secured them on retail sales in 1998–i.e., there have been background checks on retail sales for nearly two decades–and the left has spent the last four or five years inaccurately describing private sales as a “loophole” as a way to persuade Americans to support more gun control. Also, it must be noted that it is illegal to buy a gun online without going through a background check. If an individual from Florida wants to purchase a firearm online from a gun store in Oklahoma, that gun has to be shipped to an Oklahoma store where the buyer passes a background check before taking possession of it.

6. Kimmel then showed a collage containing the photos of Senators who voted against closing the fictional private sale, online sales, and gun show “loopholes” after the June 12, 2016, Orlando Pulse attack. He did not mention that the Orlando Pulse attacker did not use these “loopholes.” Rather, he passed background checks and a waiting period for his firearms.

7. Lastly, Kimmel said Congress is now working to “legalize the sale of silencers.” In reality, “silencers”–or suppressors, as they are properly called–have been legal and are legal in 42 states. They are widely owned and used by hunters and sport shooters because of the hearing protection benefits they offer. What Congress is considering is a bill that removes the federal tax on suppressors, as well as the burdensome acquisition process to obtain one.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/10/03/7-deceptive-claims-kimmel-guns-one-monologue/

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
He's an idiot.  Equating muslim terrorists with American gun owners?  Really, Jimmy?  There are roughly 150,000,000 million gun owners in this country, with over 300,000,000 firearms in their possession, and storing over 1,000,000,000,000 rounds of ammunition.

Now think about that.  Once in a great while, some unbalanced piece of shit goes off and you think it should be ok to put burdens on the other 149,999,999 lawful gun owners who did nothing?  Yet you seem to have a problem with the government doing that to muslims, who have, by the way, proven they are capable of far worse than was seen in Las Vegas.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Used to enjoy Kimmel.  But it seems he inherited the bitter old leftist man routine to follow in the path of Letterman.

He was great when he and Adam Carolla hosted the politically incorrect "The Man Show".  I think since he joined ABC his thinking changed by being exposed to the left leaning culture at ABC and their Disney owners.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
He was great when he and Adam Carolla hosted the politically incorrect "The Man Show".  I think since he joined ABC his thinking changed by being exposed to the left leaning culture at ABC and their Disney owners.

Naw, he's just made enough money to let the real 'him' shine through.  It's funny, right after he started hitting it big he divorced the woman who stood by him while he was climbing that ladder.  Wonder what her take on all this is ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

kimmel should be praying for forgiveness and hope God doesn't send a couple of lightning bolts his way.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Naw, he's just made enough money to let the real 'him' shine through.  It's funny, right after he started hitting it big he divorced the woman who stood by him while he was climbing that ladder.  Wonder what her take on all this is ...

KC

Never married to ultra liberal Sarah Silverman but funny breakup;

Sarah Silverman gives ex Jimmy Kimmel his 'stuff' back on live TV four years after they broke up
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2508000/Sarah-Silverman-gives-ex-Jimmy-Kimmel-stuff-live-TV-years-broke-up.html

Apparently the only requirement to be a comedian is to be a moron.  :loser:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline HAPPY2BME

Bias Alert: CNN's Jeff Zeleny fails to explain why he thinks Las Vegas victims are Trump supporters

CNN Senior White House Correspondent Jeff Zeleny still hasn’t explained why he thinks so many country music fans “likely” support President Trump after making the claim shortly after Trump’s remarks Monday about the mass shooting in Las Vegas.

A lot of these country music supporters are likely Trump supporters,” Zeleny said on air. “This is something, of course, hitting the tapestry of all Americans and there are going to be victims from across the country here.”

Zeleny didn’t elaborate on what he meant, but it’s safe to wonder if he thinks most country music fans are white. After all, this is the same CNN reporter who said Trump’s July trip to Poland included a “white America” speech.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/03/bias-alert-cnn-correspondent-fails-to-explain-why-thinks-las-vegas-victims-are-trump-supporters.html

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Jimmy - you weren't nearly the piece of shit you are now when you joined up with Adam Carolla and came up with some irreverent and funny shit.

WTF happened?

Did you fall into the Commiefornia Slimetrap? Join up with the Perpetually Clueless? Align yourself with the idiocracy of the left?

You used to be funny. Now you're just a fuzzy-faced idjit celeb with something to say.

Well now, I've got something to say....

**** you, Jimmy.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Never cared for Jimmy Kimmel.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

kimmel should be praying for forgiveness and hope God doesn't send a couple of lightning bolts his way.

Kimmel needs to pray that God will make him funny. Whatever network who's show he's running onto the ground should pray that prayer too.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Jimmy - you weren't nearly the piece of shit you are now when you joined up with Adam Carolla and came up with some irreverent and funny shit.

WTF happened?

Did you fall into the Commiefornia Slimetrap? Join up with the Perpetually Clueless? Align yourself with the idiocracy of the left?

You used to be funny. Now you're just a fuzzy-faced idjit celeb with something nothing to say.

Well now, I've got something to say....

**** you, Jimmy.

Fixed it
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Never married to ultra liberal Sarah Silverman but funny breakup;

Apparently the only requirement to be a comedian is to be a moron.  :loser:

No, I meant this one;

Kimmel married Gina Maddy in 1988; the couple divorced in 2002.[40] They had a daughter, Katherine (born 1991), and a son, Kevin (born 1993).[

Divorced in 2002 ...

Got his own show in ...

In January 2003, Jimmy Kimmel permanently left The Man Show to host his own late-night talk show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, on ABC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Kimmel

I wonder what THAT woman has to say about him ...

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Old Clip Resurfaces of Kimmel Having Women Guess What’s In His Pants: Maybe ‘Put Your Mouth On It’
https://www.mediaite.com/online/old-clip-resurfaces-of-kimmel-having-women-guess-whats-in-his-pants-maybe-put-your-mouth-on-it/

n the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal, the skeletons in other celebrities’ closets have been coming out.

Twitter user Austen Fletcher shared an old clip of Jimmy Kimmel (from The Man Show) playing a game with women on the street where they had to guess what’s in his pants using their hands.

Jimmy Kimmel has some explaining to do.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Man, he used to be so funny and ballsy on 'The Man Show.' Now he's just another pretentious, talentless, humorless liberal Hollywood tool, and earned extra lame- points for being in the crappy animated film 'The Boss Baby' earlier this year.
He's the ultimate definition of a sellout.
With the comments about his ex- wife, it's made even sadder by the facts that a) She's the mother of his two children, and b) she was clearly a very patient woman, considering how often he made fun of her on 'The Man Show' and the fact that she often played along with it in the "Wife's Perspective" and "You Can't Win Theater" sketches, yet he still left her for that repulsive skank Sarah Silverman.
You're dead to me, Kimmel.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:04:58 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »