Author Topic: Top DUmmies of 2017  (Read 3005 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Top DUmmies of 2017
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
There's only 57 more days--less than two months--before nominations for the Top DUmmies of 2017 begin, so if one has a favorite candidate, or candidates, right now is the best time to begin promoting; i.e., by featuring that particular primitive in threads in the DUmpster.

Nominations begin Thanksgiving Eve, November 22, about supper-time, Sandhills time, and the rest of the schedule will be announced as things unfold.

Primitives from Skins's island, DU Jr., Manny's message board, and nadin and truemud's new hangout RebelDem or whatever it's called, are all eligible for nomination and election.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline hillneck

Re: Top DUmmies of 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »
Oh Tis the season.  So many idiots and so little time.    :rotf: 
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:28:18 AM »
Remind me please, can a DUmmie win DOTY more than once?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:49:02 AM »
Question.  Is there a category for best/worst bouncy?  Something to consider?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:57:58 AM »
Remind me please, can a DUmmie win DOTY more than once?

Yes.

The only award that's a one-time award is the Willie, the William Rivers Pitt award for the most memorable primitive of all time.  That's a permanent designation, so no point in having a primitive win it more than once.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:00:30 AM »
Question.  Is there a category for best/worst bouncy?  Something to consider?

That's been considered before, but because at the time there were so many awards, the award-writer decided it was just too much.  There's two awards given every day between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

Something similar is the word-of-the-year award bestowed by Mr. Wiggum in conjunction with the Top DUmmies contest.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:41:49 AM »
This is going to be tough. TheMasterNematode was outstanding, almost in a phylum of his own, last year. And Buggee was an endless source of amusement lat last year and in the early months of this. But Buggee has faded away, and TheMasterNematode is much faded. Did something happen last year that has them discouraged?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »
This is going to be tough. TheMasterNematode was outstanding, almost in a phylum of his own, last year. And Buggee was an endless source of amusement lat last year and in the early months of this. But Buggee has faded away, and TheMasterNematode is much faded. Did something happen last year that has them discouraged?

At the very least he should be awarded the lifetime underachievement award.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 10:55:18 AM »
Additionally, you can look forward to the 3rd annual "Ralphie" award.  Chosen only by myself.  Essentially, the DUmmy term of year.

2015 - "Butt hurt"
2016 - "President-elect Donald Trump"

So y'all have that nugget to look forward to enjoying.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
At the very least he should be awarded the lifetime underachievement award.  :-)

I haven't been active here long enough to say, but TheMasterNematode might be Willie-worthy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »

I agree. You could even say that TMN has lost a step...

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
If the tmn primitive "took a knee" ....  :whistling: ... 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
Nematode's fall-off brings DU-members like MM, kt, Cyanose, mal, Mr. Corpulent, and even the gated-community-meme-poster-of-the-people into contention.