Author Topic: Where did the disrespect for our Anthem begin?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline mrclose

Where did the disrespect for our Anthem begin?
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »

Maybe here? :whistling:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Different Attitude?^^^^^^^^^^^^^
May 27, 2008

Communist band opens for Obama

A hip rock band that features the Soviet national anthem and communist-inspired lyrics was on stage to open for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama at his record-breaking Portland, Ore., rally that attracted 75,000.

The Decemberists, a Portland-based group with a large local following, also closed the May 18 event.

The Decemberists typically begin their concerts with a Russian-language recording of the USSR's national anthem.

A YouTube video shows the Decemberists beginning an April 31, 2007, concert at Messiah College in Grantham, Pa., with the anthem.

"Decemberists" refers to an uprising at Senate Square in St. Petersburg Dec. 14, 1825, when a group of Russian army officers led about 3,000 soldiers in protest as Nicholas I assumed the throne, after Czar Alexander died without an heir.

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Where did the disrespect for our Anthem begin?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:12:09 PM »
The Decemberists ........... open for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama

Why is that NOT surprising.

When I called Obama a communist, I didn't know how accurate I was. 
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:42:00 AM »
obama made it socially acceptable to hate America and white Americans, by blacks and illegal aliens. He promoted hating and disrespecting America and everything about it.

:mad:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »
obama made it socially acceptable to hate America and white Americans, by blacks and illegal aliens. He promoted hating and disrespecting America and everything about it.

:mad:

Hence, his hostility towards the 2nd Amendment, which is 'The Great Equalizer.'
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
Just my opinion, but I think that Barry was just the catalyst. The disrespect for the Anthem is actually part and parcel of the entitlement generation, who are "inconvenienced" and otherwise lazy to haul their butts out of their seats long enough for the Anthem to be heard and sung.

The "inconvenience factor" causes the perpetually lazy and clueless to start questioning why the Anthem is performed to begin with. Utterly failing to understand tradition, respect, and acknowledgement to the country that provided them the opportunity to watch a sporting event without starving, or without fear, they show their dissatisfaction by flipping everybody else the bird.

This is what happens when every want is spoonfed to the perpetually unsatisfied. They start asking questions, and those questions become outright defiance. Finding yet another way to shock the general populace, the Kaepernicks and other jockbreaths now find themselves celebrities, and the piling on continues.

These turds should be flushed with power washers, right out to the sewer from whence they came.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:39:24 PM »
I think another thing behind this is multi culturism, all the snowflakes not wanting to offend all the illegal alien mooches here from all the 3rd world shit holes. this started in schools with the pledge of allegiance.

This has led to Americans being scoffed at by the 3rd world mooches that have been overrunning our country.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 06:25:12 PM »
Just my opinion, but I think that Barry was just the catalyst. The disrespect for the Anthem is actually part and parcel of the entitlement generation, who are "inconvenienced" and otherwise lazy to haul their butts out of their seats long enough for the Anthem to be heard and sung.

The "inconvenience factor" causes the perpetually lazy and clueless to start questioning why the Anthem is performed to begin with. Utterly failing to understand tradition, respect, and acknowledgement to the country that provided them the opportunity to watch a sporting event without starving, or without fear, they show their dissatisfaction by flipping everybody else the bird.

This is what happens when every want is spoonfed to the perpetually unsatisfied. They start asking questions, and those questions become outright defiance. Finding yet another way to shock the general populace, the Kaepernicks and other jockbreaths now find themselves celebrities, and the piling on continues.

These turds should be flushed with power washers, right out to the sewer from whence they came.

The "entitlement generation" is the beginning of the end for America.

My wife had a visit today with two female cousins. Both cousins were divorced one was divorced twice. The one that was divorced twice divorced the second husband largely but not entirely because she "coddled" one lazy son who is now "owner" of her house. He was supposed to pay the mortgage but she has been helping him even though she is dependent on social security alone. During the lunch the conversation led to this cousin admitting she "gave too much to others". A lesson learned too late in life.

I remember listening to some very rich people about whether they would leave their fortunes to their children. Many of them said they gave their children an education and helped them get a job but the rest was up to them. The rich people said their fortunes would be distributed to charities.

Uncle Sam needs to treat the deadbeat losers like rich uncles, get educated get a job the rest is up to them. Unfortunately, democrats keep giving to the takers and taking from the makers. 

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »
Why we stand for our anthem and pay respect to the flag:

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 09:27:10 PM »
Salon's Michael Kingsley wanted to change it when he was still co-host of CNN's Crossfire, around 1988-ish.

In the early 70's Philadelphia Flyers got stuck playing Kate Smith's God Bless America instead of The Anthem because the team felt their 'winning Championship-streak' drew good luck from it.

Jimi Hendrix added a Stuka dive-bomber riff to his version of it.  That might be where it started.  As an anti-napalm thing. 

And around 1965, there was a push to make America The Beautiful our anthem... because it was 'easier to sing'. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 07:46:26 AM »
Salon's Michael Kingsley wanted to change it when he was still co-host of CNN's Crossfire, around 1988-ish.

And around 1965, there was a push to make America The Beautiful our anthem... because it was 'easier to sing'.

Well, the music to the Anthem has its origins as a British drinking song - this is no joke. And the interval of the melody to the Anthem spans an octave and a perfect fifth (no, this has nothing to do with the size of the bottle -  :-) ), which is difficult for most amateur singers. So there is truth to the statement that America the Beautiful is easier to sing.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.