Author Topic: ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests  (Read 1672 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
PISS on them.  pisssss on them!

==============

On a day full of criticism from Donald Trump, political protests, linked arms, players taking a knee or not coming on the field at all during the national anthem, and renewed pleas for unity from the league, NBC and the NFL took a ratings hit on Sunday Night Football.

In metered market numbers, the primetime matchup that saw the Washington Redskins beat the Oakland Raiders 27-10  snared an 11.6/20, the worst SNF has performed this season so far.

It’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s game, Atlanta’s 34-23 win over Green Bay. Amid cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of the SNF  season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.

Sunday’s SNF peaked with a 12.r5/20 during the second quarter from 9-9:30 PM ET. Still, NFL ratings are down double-digits this season so far after taking a similar tackle-for-loss last year.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskins-sunday-night-football-ratings-nfl-protests-star-trek-discovery-donald-trump-nbc-1202176141/

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
What they really need is a double digit drop in revenues. Hit them in the wallet.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »
What they really need is a double digit drop in revenues. Hit them in the wallet.

Didn't really watch yesterday, although I followed the scores on line.  Turned out that week 3 actually had some good games, rather than the dreck of the first 2 weeks.

Read that the networks are already on the hook for "makeup freebies" for the crappy ratings early on.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 05:06:57 PM »

==========================

The 'NFL' really and accurately should be called the 'BLM'

==

Broncos Linebacker Von Miller Has Ad Pulled After Flag Protest

And the blowback begins. Broncos linebacker Von Miller is the first to feel the sting of it in his wallet. He knelt this weekend during the National Anthem before the game with the Buffalo Bills yesterday. He was one of 32 football players to take a knee to protest perceived racial injustice in America. Because he took a knee during the anthem, Phil Long dealership requested that CBS4 and other television stations stop airing their ads featuring Von Miller. The general manager of Phil Long Ford in Denver told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Miller has not been fired, but instead they are changing some advertising. Right. If you are going to do it guys, own it.

http://rightwingnews.com/sports-2/broncos-linebacker-von-miller-has-ad-pulled-after-flag-protest-video/

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 05:13:09 PM »
Racial Injustice, what do they want to turn the US into Nigeria? I am sick of this crap.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!