Author Topic: DU Hosts Malthusian Meet-up  (Read 3133 times)

Offline zeitgeist

DU Hosts Malthusian Meet-up
« on: September 24, 2017, 03:11:35 PM »
And then maybe they can do a little genetic tweeking.   

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029627654

The Massa Nematode rolls out the welcome mat.

TheMastersNemesis (8,222 posts)

Considered Bumper Sticker - "Save The Planet - Get Fixed". But Realized ---------

I would get run over by a truck, get shot at, get the finger continuously, have my car keyed, et al. The problem is that the planet is grossly over populated with 7 billion plus and counting. And we hear that there will be 9 billion plus by maybe 2050.

All the turmoil and people desperately migrating to hopefully a better place is a good sign that something is amiss. Yet the religions of the world preach that God will provide. Well he is not providing now as we can see. And the planet's environment is degrading by the day.

Excess population is one cause of climate change. And we see the wrath of Mother Nature revealing itself. And we see other problems cropping up like widespread pollution, loss of biodiverse habitat the we depend on et al. Unless we get sustainable growth I do not see how the earth stays viable in a decent way moving forward.

And it is not about being antifamily. It is about common sense that one should not have all the children they can possibly have. The idea of a full quiver being a good idea seems absurd under the circumstances.

It is a tremendous thing to create new life. Yet being able to provide for that life in a adequate way is really important. Look at all the children who have been abandoned on this planet at this point

An interesting thread.  Not a lot of heavy weights at the moment nor a lot of posts.

Remember DUmmies, if your parents never had kids, you won't either. 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: DU Hosts Malthusian Meet-up
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 04:12:52 PM »
The world is overpopulated?  Fine. Let Kim Jong mental Illness nuke San Fran, LA, and Seattle. That will cut down on the population quite a bit. Then we can respond and wipe them off the face of the Earth. Cuts it down even more.  Then we can do the entire middle east. Bye Bye Jihad.  Win-win!!!!

Unfortunately then the dummies would bitch about the radiation. 

Dummies. Can't live with them, can't kill them off.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 04:22:23 PM »
I found a place where TheMasterNematode could order bumperstickers. Maybe he could adapt the bike sticker to his wheelchair.

(Yes, you can find really weird @#$% on the Internet.)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
Well, if the climate change fanatics were actually right about the rate, cause, mechanism, and scale of global warming, then indeed the only way to unscrew it would be to wipe out 99 percent of humanity as instantaneously as possible.  I don't think they are right on all those things, though.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 07:01:46 AM »
Overpopulation is a self-correcting issue.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 07:09:38 AM »
Overpopulation is a self-correcting issue.

There was a time where Darwin use to take care of that problem before it became a problem.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 08:42:46 AM »
There was a time where Darwin use to take care of that problem before it became a problem.

The ability of humans to organize socially, alter their environment with shelter, heat, and food, and then keep alive those who would otherwise die collectively shot in the ass any application of 'Natural selection' to humanity.  The stupidest still manage to take themselves out at a modestly higher rate than the rest of humanity but they also seem to outbreed the smart ones in spite of that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 09:27:00 AM »
All the DU ers need to go for a late term abortion! :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
Quote from: the Master Nemesis (8,222 posts)
I would get run over by a truck, get shot at, get the finger continuously, have my car keyed, et al. The problem is that the planet is grossly over populated with 7 billion plus and counting. And we hear that there will be 9 billion plus by maybe 2050.

It could be overpopulated by 6,999,999,999, if you weren't such as "Pu**y"  Do your part!!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »
Did TheMasterNematode get his 50th anniversary edition copy of The Population Bomb, read its dire predictions of mass famines, and forget that the 1970s when the famines were to happen are long past?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »
Wow. A TMN thread in which I actually kind of agree with some of what he said (i.e. that overpopulation is one of the main factors contributing to environmental destruction, and that if you bring a new life into the world you have an obligation to adequately provide for him or her). That feels kind of weird.
But, he then almost immediately reverts back into his victim complex (Paranoid fantasies of what would happen if he put that stupid bumper sticker on his car, never mind the fact that he'd react in the same way if he saw a conservative or Christian bumper sticker), and of course his bigotry against Christians is so deeply ingrained in his crazed brain that he has to find a way to insert it into his rant.
So, back to his normal brainless, hate- filled self.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 06:53:04 AM »
Wow. A TMN thread in which I actually kind of agree with some of what he said (i.e. that overpopulation is one of the main factors contributing to environmental destruction, and that if you bring a new life into the world you have an obligation to adequately provide for him or her). That feels kind of weird.
But, he then almost immediately reverts back into his victim complex (Paranoid fantasies of what would happen if he put that stupid bumper sticker on his car, never mind the fact that he'd react in the same way if he saw a conservative or Christian bumper sticker), and of course his bigotry against Christians is so deeply ingrained in his crazed brain that he has to find a way to insert it into his rant.
So, back to his normal brainless, hate- filled self.

What's even funnier is that the poor, indoctrinated fool thinks his bumper sticker would actually change something...
They really only put them on their cars so they can get smug thumbs-up from other deranged progressive fascists. It's a hive mind, group think thing I suppose...
They are just so predictable and easy...  and oblivious at the same time.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »
It's a shame that mustardnematod's parents hadn't neutered themselves or at least applied the coathanger option.  I haz a sad.  :bawl:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
All the DU ers need to go for a late term abortion! :lmao:

:rofl: