Author Topic: Crazy Bob shows he knows as much as Hillary in ref: Silencers! The Deadly Silent  (Read 5073 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
TheMastersNemesis (8,280 posts) https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10029665364

Silencers Should Be Illegal & Putting One On A Gun A Felony. Screw Gun Nuts & The NRA.

Silencers have NO place in the civilian market. Even though the claim is that muffle the sound but not silence it may be true it is bullshit to claim you need one. Assuming silencers could be put on the weapon the Vegas killer used it would have been nearly impossible to locate the shooter soon enough.

It already took the police over an hour to find this shooter. He fired for ten minutes based on reports. What if he had continued shooting for an hour or more with all that fire power.

:thatsright:

roamer65 (12,608 posts)
2. I'm a gun owner and I agree 100 percent.

I've talked with gun shop folks and multiple ones agree with me.

One even said the gun laws are too lax now.

TheMastersNemesis (8,280 posts)
3. Reasonable Gun Laws Are Needed. But Open Carry With NO Background Checks Is Nuts.

I am against unreasonable laws even guns laws that go too far. Somehow the country must come up with some restraints that protect the gun owner and the public.

Star Member Hoyt (31,072 posts)
6. Personally, I think Public comes first.

Marengo (2,353 posts)
7. How often are suppressors used in the commission of crime in the USA? How about Norway or...

New Zealand for that matter?

Star Member Docreed2003 (4,023 posts)
9. OK Ill bite....

Why allow suppressors in the first place?

The “protect hearing” crap is absolute bullshit! If you’re worried about your hearing, then wear ear plugs or other forms of hearing protection.

In an event where a suppressor is used, no, it won’t be totally silent, but what it does do is limit the ability to localize where shots are coming from!

I have a good bit of land that I co-own with three cousins. I’d sure as hell like to know where shots are coming from before walking around blindly onto our land.

This whole ”sportsman’s hearing” act is a load of horse crap. Either wear hearing protection or don’t but allowing suppressors is just another give away to the gun industry.

:thatsright:

Sure- trying to hear the deer using earmuffs = stupid liberal trying to hunt.

Walking around your land listening to the shots... OMG... you understand the bullet travels faster than the sound... right? By the time you hear it... it's too late, ****head. Wear Hunter Orange.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Hollywierd speaks the troof. Screw on a silencer/suppressor and all you hear is a muffled "phut... phut".
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline zeitgeist

Hollywierd speaks the troof. Screw on a silencer/suppressor and all you hear is a muffled "phut... phut".

:werd:

(But I couldn't help think reading this thread:  Deer with hearing aids and ear muffs.) :-)
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."

How DUmmies think suppressors work:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1Y3LXggUo[/youtube]
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
How DUmmies think suppressors work:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1Y3LXggUo[/youtube]

Dial-a-bang.  :lmao: :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

Dial-a-bang.  :lmao: :rotf:

I must be buying the cheap ones.  Mine have no adjustments at all. 
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

Yup! Just review all those "Man From UNCLE" episodes! That's what HilLIARy did!

The "funny" thing about freedom that DU-folk only care about when they think it's THEIR freedom is that one is not obligated to justify how one uses that freedom.

From what I've heard/read, the shooter was shooting people for 10 minutes. His shots were clearly audible in recordings I've heard. That means police could have heard him, but by the time they were able to gather a response, he had stopped firing. His use of a "silencer" was not a hindrance to locating him. The hindrance was that he had stopped firing and police had to use other means to locate him. Since he had stopped firing and targets had been cleared from his field of fire, police probably took extra time to get hotel guests to safety and organize an overwhelming breech with back-ups stationed so that if he evaded that he would still be caught.

I'm far from brilliant, so if I can figure all that out it's obvious that Nematode is parroting hoplophobic nonsense talking points, not thinking through and speaking to known facts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
He apparently had some .308's.  Pretty hard to silence one of those.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline thundley4

I have a good bit of land that I co-own with three cousins. I’d sure as hell like to know where shots are coming from before walking around blindly onto our land.

Wait a minute. Does the DUmmie think that the suppressor acts like ventriloquism and makes the sound seem like it's coming from somewhere else?

Offline SVPete

Wait a minute. Does the DUmmie think that the suppressor acts like ventriloquism and makes the sound seem like it's coming from somewhere else?

Even worse, the ignoramus seems unaware that the shots were clearly audible to everyone once the music stopped.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Never been that interested in them.  You can get pretty darn quiet, but still not like a movie, if you use subsonic ammo (Or a design that drops the bullet below sonic speed by the time it leaves the muzzle through gas pressure reduction in the suppressor) and a LOT of suppressor, like the Welrod pistol, DeLisle carbine, or OSS High Standard pistol.  Only the last of those comes close to movie noise levels but it's also only a .22 at the same time.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
I recently re-watched "21 Hours in Munich", a pretty good retelling of the terrorist attack on the Israeli Olympic team.  Had to laugh/cringe as one of the terrorists fired what looked like a "silenced" G3 at a team member..."phutting".

Don't take lessons-- in history, economics, philosophy, or firearms technology-- from movies.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Airwolf

Just like a lot of people, they shouldn't talk about things they know nothing about. The guy was on the 32nd floor of a hotel with a wide field of view the wind alone would have made it hard to find the guy let alone the music being played when he opened fire. He wouldn't have needed a "Silencer" and the proof is in the number of people injured and killed. I'm begging to think there isn't enough chlorine to clean the gene pool when it comes the toxic waste site called DU.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
He apparently had some .308's.  Pretty hard to silence one of those.

That must be a really big bullet, because I saw a .50 caliber sniper rifle completely silent in a movie  :banghead:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Just like a lot of people, they shouldn't talk about things they know nothing about. The guy was on the 32nd floor of a hotel with a wide field of view the wind alone would have made it hard to find the guy let alone the music being played when he opened fire. He wouldn't have needed a "Silencer" and the proof is in the number of people injured and killed. I'm begging to think there isn't enough chlorine to clean the gene pool when it comes the toxic waste site called DU.

When it comes time to clean the gene pool, I think we'll be using lead...

Offline Delmar

141 replies, 2498 views

That's a pretty impressive replies & views tally for a Hopalong Bob post.  Usually he's lucky to get one or two replies to one of his crazy rants.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

That's a pretty impressive replies & views tally for a Hopalong Bob post.  Usually he's lucky to get one or two replies to one of his crazy rants.

Either they think he knows what he's talking about and chimed in to add their own ignorance or a couple of DU gun owners stirred things up by daring to correct him (DU-folk don't like it when facts contradicting what they want to be true are posted).

Ducky, before he became a doctor.