Author Topic: NFL players kneel for national anthem in London, but stand for British anthem  (Read 5147 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
(updated)

NFL players kneel for national anthem in London, but stand for British anthem, after Trump rips athletes

Dozens of NFL players for the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars showed a unified front on Sunday and kneeled as the national anthem played during the start of their game in London, defying President Trump’s attacks on the league's athletes.

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin also announced on "NFL on CBS" his team will not participate in the national anthem before its game Sunday against the Chicago Bears.

Jacksonville Jaguars players kneel down during the playing of the U.S. national anthem before an NFL football game against the Baltimore Ravens at Wembley Stadium in London on Sunday.  (AP)

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/24/ravens-jaguars-players-kneel-during-national-anthem-after-trumps-attacks-on-nfl.html
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:11:52 PM by HAPPY2BME »

Offline HAPPY2BME

What is the average annual salary of these turds?

Offline HAPPY2BME

Is it me, or is everyone of these worthless overpaid SOBs BLACK?

=======

Oakland A’s Maxwell First MLB Player To Kneel During Anthem

You want to protest, hit the streets with the rest of the social justice warriors.

Via Helena IR:

Bruce Maxwell of the Oakland Athletics became the first major league baseball player to kneel during the national anthem Saturday, pulling the sport into a polarizing protest movement that has been criticized harshly by President Donald Trump.

Before a home game against the Texas Rangers, Maxwell dropped to a knee just outside Oakland’s dugout, adopting a protest started by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in response to police treatment of blacks. The 26-year-old rookie catcher pressed his right hand against his heart, and teammates stood in a line next to him. Teammate Mark Canha, who is white, put his right hand on one of Maxwell’s shoulders, and the two hugged after the anthem finished.

“Everybody watches sports and so everybody loves sports, so I felt this was the right thing for me to do personally,” Maxwell said.[…]

The Athletics released a statement on Twitter shortly after the anthem, saying they “respect and support all of our players’ constitutional rights and freedom of expression” and “pride ourselves on being inclusive.”

The league also issued a statement: “Major League Baseball has a longstanding tradition of honoring our nation prior to the start of our games. We also respect that each of our players is an individual with his own background, perspectives and opinions. We believe that our game will continue to bring our fans, their communities and our players together.”

http://helenair.com/sports/baseball/professional/oakland-s-maxwell-first-mlb-player-to-kneel-during-anthem/article_2c784d0d-dcd0-50bb-8824-abdd984c9d85.html

Offline HAPPY2BME

NFL PLAYER SALARIES - TOP TO BOTTOM

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/

Offline RobJohnson

Is it me, or is everyone of these worthless overpaid SOBs BLACK?

=======

Yup. Black Baseball Players Matter!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I'm done. **** all these overpaid crybabies.

I'm done with professional sports completely. Including the Super Bowl and World Series. When these employers figure out who is paying the salaries, this shit will change.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Here is my take on this and it ain't pretty,

I am glad The President has spoken out about this. I am not a sports fan, I have better things to do than watch a bunch of overpaid prima donna black men, most of whom have an IQ of a potato, and who are not exactly what I would consider a role model for anyone other that a thug, play with a frigging ball. :argh: :argh:

If anyof these turkeys had an ounce of caring about their so calld "cause" they should be out there donating their time and money to it, instead of disrespecting my country. Everyone of these f**king monkeys should be sent to Africa, Cuba or Venezuela for a year to see just how oppressed they and their fellow black brothers are here.

They are nothing but spoiled , coddled children who are idolized for playing a frigging game, they contribute nothing to society or their community.

I hope fans start tuning out and staying away in droves and the ones who do go to a game boo the assholes who kneel or sit during the national anthem off the field.  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
I wouldn't even know about these things if the news would quit reporting it. I am off then NFL, no TV and no going to games and it is because of all these player protests. They are at work and just like anyone else at work they should keep their politics to themselves when on the job.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline HAPPY2BME

Pelosi defends kneeling Kaepernick — despite struggling to say his name

Nancy Pelosi defended unemployed quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s “First Amendment” right to disrespect the American flag during the national anthem, even if she struggled to say his name.

She didn’t criticize the players, who are offending so many Americans.

“Colin Kaeper— Kaeper— Kaepernick, uh, doing what he did, says this flag enables me to do this. This national anthem enables me to do this,” she said, initially struggling to speak.

“This is about freedom of expression,” Pelosi said.

She added Trump’s response is “unfortunate” and believes he was “ill advised” to criticize the anti-American players.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/E-IDVcGftX8[/youtube]

Offline Old n Grumpy

Colon Crappernick :rant:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: NFL players kneel for national anthem in London, but stand for British anthem
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
I was one of those "die hard sports fans" that never missed a game, even if my wife stood naked in front of me.

BUT this is it, I did not watch what was once my favorite football team today. I am that disgusted with millionaire crybabies disrespecting my country, my flag and most of all ME.  :censored:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: NFL players kneel for national anthem in London, but stand for British anthem
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »
These players have a first ammendment right to protest in a non violent manner.  That being said, just because you have the right to be a jackass,  doesn't mean you have to be a jackass, especially when you alienate and piss a large percentage of your fan base who pay your salary and make you relevant.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:01 PM »
‘Get that son of a b*tch off the field!’ Trump shocks with blunt advice to spineless NFL team owners

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners — when somebody disrespects our flag — to say, ‘Get that son of a b-tch off the field right now! He’s fired,’ ” Trump said. “Some owner is going to do that.”

Trump said NFL players who disrespect the flag are “ruining the game.”

And he’s right: NFL ratings have tanked, coinciding with the protests led by unemployed quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who refuses to stand during the national anthem. Other NFL players have since joined in the protest.

The anti-American demonstrations have had dire consequences on both the National Football League and the networks that carry NFL games. Attendance at this week’s game featuring Kaepernick’s old team, the San Francisco 49ers, showed an almost-empty stadium.

Many fans have started boycotting the NFL in response to players dissing the Star-Spangled Banner.

What was missing from Thursday night’s NFL game? Only the CROWD, shocking photos reveal https://t.co/rgYmEEkeLO pic.twitter.com/nNX7cH78lV

— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) September 23, 2017

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/09/23/get-son-btch-off-field-trump-shocks-blunt-advice-spineless-nfl-team-owners-539350

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »
NASCAR Owners: We Won’t Tolerate Anti-Cop National Anthem Protesters

The Hill reported:

Several NASCAR team owners said Sunday they would not condone racers protesting during the national anthem, amid protests by sports players at football and baseball games.

There were no protests reported during “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in New Hampshire, according to The Associated Press.

Former NASCAR champion Richard Petty told the AP that any member of his team would be fired if they chose to protest the national anthem. Petty now owns Richard Petty Motorsports.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/nascar-owners-wont-tolerate-anti-cop-national-anthem-protesters/

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »
Steelers Coach Didn’t Want Army Vet To Stand For Anthem

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin indicated Sunday night that he did not want offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva to stand for the national anthem, instead of sitting it out with the rest of his teammates.

Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served three tours in Afghanistan, was the only Steelers player to stand for the anthem. While Villanueva stood in the tunnel, hand over his heart, the rest of the team remained in the locker room in protest of President Trump’s comments that players who kneel during the national anthem should be fired.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/24/steelers-coach-didnt-want-army-vet-to-stand-for-anthem-video/

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »
NFL Wouldn’t Let Dallas Cowboys Honor Fallen Cops, Lets Players Disrespect American Flag…

WTF?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/DJ2_3Vf4tZY[/youtube]

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 08:36:10 AM »
Disrespecting The National Anthem And The American Flag Are Not Legitimate Forms Of Political Protest

This is going to backfire on the left in a major way.  On Sunday, more than a hundred NFL players knelt during the playing of the national anthem.

What transpired at NFL games on Sunday will be broadcast all over the planet, and the rest of the world will be laughing at our national disgrace.

Many of these players are going to look back on what they have done with great shame.  They may have believed that they were disrespecting President Trump, but the truth is that they were disrespecting this great land and every single American that has ever lived.  They owe all of us an apology, and that should happen as soon as possible.

And the NFL may think that it is all powerful, but stunts like this are going to cost it millions upon millions of dollars.  Already, ratings were way down because of the few players that were kneeling whenever the anthem was played…

Player protests of the National Anthem – such as when quarterback Colin Kaepernick took a knee in protest – are the number one reason sports fans watched fewer National Football League (NFL) games, a new survey shows.

If just a few players kneeling had that much of an impact on the ratings, what do you think is going to happen now?

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/the-ravens-are-doing-opinion-polls-to-decide-if-they-should-sign-colin-kaepernick

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/disrespecting-the-national-anthem-and-the-american-flag-are-not-legitimate-forms-of-political-protest

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 09:20:13 AM »
Many of these players are going to look back on what they have done with great shame.

Unfortunately these stupid ass holes don't have any shame or common sense. Since the majority of the fans are white, pissing them off is financial suicide. Do they think the team owners will continue to pay them multi millions if the revenues drop off?

People are tired of left wing bull shit, the election showed that, If they want to protest do it in a different more productive way. Personally I am tired of all the AA pissing and moaning about how bad they have it here.  :argh: :argh: :argh:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:32 AM »
I firmly believe that the whole controversy needs to be re-framed.

Anyone who takes a knee is showing submission.  As in, submission to the flag.

If one presents the controversy that way, the taking of the knees would stop. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »
I firmly believe that the whole controversy needs to be re-framed.

Anyone who takes a knee is showing submission.  As in, submission to the flag.

If one presents the controversy that way, the taking of the knees would stop. :whistling:

I say just fire them all and hire a bunch of Mexicans for $100.00 a game . tickets would be a lot cheaper!

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
These players have a first ammendment right to protest in a non violent manner.  That being said, just because you have the right to be a jackass,  doesn't mean you have to be a jackass, especially when you alienate and piss a large percentage of your fan base who pay your salary and make you relevant.

Well, people do have a right to protest BUT on their own time, out of uniform, off premises.

Imagine if I worked for Fed-X or UPS or USPS and did some protest on their premises. How would that "play" with the bosses ? I think I would be working somewhere else.  :hammer:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 09:06:30 PM »
Well, people do have a right to protest BUT on their own time, out of uniform, off premises.

Imagine if I worked for Fed-X or UPS or USPS and did some protest on their premises. How would that "play" with the bosses ? I think I would be working somewhere else.  :hammer:

Exactly.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
N.F.L. Owners’ Unity With Players Might Be Short-Lived
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/sports/nfl-owners-unity-protests.html

The image was striking — several owners of N.F.L. teams locking arms with their players on the sidelines Sunday in a dramatic statement of defiance to a president who ridiculed their sport and condemned players for refusing to stand during the national anthem as a protest against racism.

And then on Monday night, the league’s most prominent owner knelt with his entire team.

Beyond the appearance of unity, though, is a far different reality: The owners have done little to support players who protest to fight social injustice. A few owners have told their players that kneeling for the anthem is inappropriate.

Just a bandwagon effect. NFL is a business and alienating fans is bad business move.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 06:48:47 AM »
N.F.L. Owners’ Unity With Players Might Be Short-Lived
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/sports/nfl-owners-unity-protests.html

Just a bandwagon effect. NFL is a business and alienating fans is bad business move.

===============

Dallas Cowboys, Owner Jerry Jones, Kneel Before Anthem

September 25, 2017 8:58 pm

The Dallas Cowboys briefly took a knee on Monday night, joined by owner Jerry Jones in a display of solidarity with other protesting football teams.

The Cowboys kneeled before the anthem, but stood while it was sung, the Hill reports.

Jones's joining his team to kneel is particularly noteworthy, as he has been in the recent past a strong critic of the national anthem protest begun by quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/jerry-jones-kneel-anthem/

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 02:35:19 AM »
Thursday, September 28, 2017 | Bill Bumpas

Left's takeover of sports – where it started, where it's going

The leader of a sports ministry says liberals are using the controversy of athletes protesting during the national anthem as an opportunity to push forward the left-wing agenda – and it's not a new phenomenon, he notes.

It was almost five decades ago when two American athletes raised their black-gloved fists at the 1968 Olympics during the playing of the national anthem. John Carlos and Tommie Smith – famous for their demonstration of the "Black Power salute" (above) – were among those invited to the Obama White House in September 2016 to a ceremony honoring the U.S. Olympic team.

Fast forward to more recent events on NFL sidelines and it's obvious that sporting events have continued to be politicized, says Steve McConkey. The president of 4 Winds Christian Athletics says no longer can fans attend a competition in person or watch it on TV and be free from politics. He warns it's only going to get worse.

"Now we're seeing a real effort by the left to come in and take the national anthem – to make it so controversial that people probably want to do even away with it," he predicts. "What's next is they're trying to chip away at the Constitution.

Kaepernick kneeling (good AP pic)"This is all related – and make no mistake about it: this is going to be used by the left."

McConkey believes the use of sports by the left to further its agenda started "massively" in 2003 with the approval of transgenders in the Olympics by the International Olympic Committee. He says many organizations and corporations, such as Nike, have been there all along the way, supporting the liberal agenda.

"And so it's all combined," he argues. "They're supporting transgenders, Planned Parenthood, abortion – and now they're coming out and saying it's okay to protest the flag."

https://www.onenewsnow.com/sports/2017/09/28/lefts-takeover-of-sports-where-it-started-where-its-going