Author Topic: DUmmies bitch about packaging and bagging  (Read 2504 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
DUmmies bitch about packaging and bagging
« on: September 22, 2017, 07:44:59 AM »
Must be a slow news day so far                   https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029616900

Weekend Warrior (936 posts)

Packaging, bagging and waste. We can and should do better.
McDonalds this morning.
Egg McMuffin and Sausage Burrito each individually wrapped.
Mild Picante in it's own wrapper and in it's own plastic bag.
Paper bag to hold it all.

This amount of packaging stays the same whether eating in their store or not.

Verizon Wireless

iPhone in a box.
Screen Protectors in another box.
Four hi-gloss advertisements from Verizon and affiliated vendors.
All in another very large hi-gloss Verizon bag with a cardboard bottom.

I was displaced by the hurricane in Florida and left my bounce dryer sheets at home. Purchased three of them at the hotel. These three dryer sheets were packaged in a box that could have held twenty-five dryer sheets. The box was designed for the vending machine, not the product.

This is beyond a pet peeve. It is environmentally destructive.

You are more than welcome to hold McDonalds and the iPhone against me. Specially the iPhone.

WinkyDink (49,905 posts)
31. I'm reading a lot of scorn and criticism, but zero recommended alternative packaging or handling.

:rofl:

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: DUmmies bitch about packaging and bagging
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »

Packaging, bagging and waste. We can and should do better.
McDonalds this morning.
Egg McMuffin and Sausage Burrito each individually wrapped.
Mild Picante in it's own wrapper and in it's own plastic bag.

First of all no one should eat that shit, it will kill you. :thatsright:
So if they took all that shit and plopped it unwrapped in your hand would it have made you happy? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
If it disturbs you that much have all your DU buddies boycott them.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:01:49 AM »
Almost 40 responses to that OP is way too much discussion, especially when a simple "Sounds like your problem" would do.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:37 AM »
bettyellen (43,839 posts)
23. Cuba impressed me with the lack of packaging. They give everyone a free birthday cake till they are

18 I think it is, and there's no box. You see people every day walking down the street carrying it like a waiter with a tray. Also, eggs. Big open, lidless trays of eggs. Was interesting to see!

And everything is covered in fly shit, nice!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:16:39 AM »
1 Mild Picante in it's own wrapper and in it's own plastic bag.

2 This amount of packaging stays the same whether eating in their store or not.

Verizon Wireless

3 iPhone in a box.
4 Screen Protectors in another box.
5 Four hi-gloss advertisements from Verizon and affiliated vendors.
6 All in another very large hi-gloss Verizon bag with a cardboard bottom.

1 This doesn't even make sense, so it's a bogon (an atomic particle that looks genuine, but is bogus).

2 This is false, unless WW told the clerk it was "to go" but instead ate it at the M.

3 "Blame" the Deciduous Fruit Computer Company for that, not Verizon. If WW could tell Apple a way to ship 100s of thousands of iPhones from China, bulk packaged without shipping damage and get the right number to neighborhood stores with minimal handling, I'm sure Apple would make WW rich.

4 Zagg and Apple are two different companies, DU-MOH-ron!

5 So, this DU-MOH-ron would deny Verizon its ability to advertise its products and services?

6 So, if Verizon uses a flimsy bag or just hands WW his purchase loose and the products are damaged by falling to the parking lot pavement from his hands or sliding around in his car back seat WW wouldn't demand free replacements under threat of a lawsuit? :thatsright: And does WW lack the minimal imagination it takes to reuse that nice sturdy bag? Maybe for his/her gym clothes or shoes after a workout or a run? :thatsright: (I do this with dusty/muddy trail shoes and my workout clothes, so this is realistic ... unless WW is a total couch potato blob)

Maybe WW should order his iPhone from Amazon and get all that packaging plus bubble wrap and an over-sized cardboard box!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 08:22:56 AM »
DUmmies best never order pet supplies from Chewy.com.  I get 60 lbs of cat litter (5 12 lb bags) and a 15 lb bag of dry cat food autoshipped every month.  4 BIG cardboard boxes, and brown paper packaging material.

I, myself, love it.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 08:26:21 AM »
I like this part:

Quote from:
Weekend Warrior

You are more than welcome to hold McDonalds and the iPhone against me. Specially the iPhone.

IOW if you have a problem with these two items and me, you can hold it against me, but I'm not going to change. OTOH I expect you to bow to my pet peeves.

Typical lib.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 08:45:21 AM »
I could get behind a movement to eliminate form fitting blister packs.  :mad:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 09:38:40 AM »
The day will never come where I will feel compelled to apologize for where I eat or what I buy.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 11:21:28 AM »
There's a passel of bags and boxes posting on DU.   :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »
Those sauces are not put in a separate bag, liar.  In addition, all of this is dictated by the public health department, part of the big government you love.  Very strict food packaging rules.  A paper company wanting to manufacture such packaging has to jump through unbelievable hoops and regulations. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 08:21:14 AM »
Those sauces are not put in a separate bag, liar.  In addition, all of this is dictated by the public health department, part of the big government you love.  Very strict food packaging rules.  A paper company wanting to manufacture such packaging has to jump through unbelievable hoops and regulations.

Libs & Progs don't think beyond "Stage 1" (a term from Thomas Sowell). Stage 1 is what Libs & Progs think should be changed. Stage 2 is the lunacies regulocrats mandate to implement that change; Stage 3 is the unintended harmful consequences of those lunacies and the change.

For example:

Stage 1: The FDA, in the mid 2000s, noticed there were many prescription medicines that had been in use longer than the FDA has existed, and thus had not been tested per FDA protocols;

Stage 2: The FDA took those drugs off the market and gave the rights to test and market (after the expensive testing) those drugs to single drug companies;

Stage 3: Drugs that were already known to be safe and effective are now only available in the US from one pharmaceuticals company, at 50X-60X the price.

One specific example of this is "Colcrys", the brand name of colchicine, a medication for gout. In plant form it was recommended for arthritis by the Egyptians of Tutankhamen's day; Benjamin Franklin brought the plant to the new-born US because it had benefited his gout; colchicine was formulated in the early 19th Century. Before the FDA's Unapproved Drugs Initiative colchicine was produced by multiple companies, and cost 9 or 10 cents a pill; now one company has a monopoly and it costs $5 or $6 a pill. The US public is worse off and no more safe than it was before, but a bunch of regulocrats "proved" they were necessary.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 10:07:28 AM »
The packaging at McDonalds is the most nutritious part of the meal

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »
The packaging at McDonalds is the most nutritious part of the meal

High in fiber and minerals!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
B2G (8,164 posts)
10. It's pretty easy to tell them you don't need a bag.

It's called "fast food" for a reason. It's not in their operating model to differentiate eat in vs. take out packaging when it comes to the food itself.

And our McDonald's puts the eat in food on a tray. All you have to do is ask. They don't assume you won't be taking the food to go just because you go inside to place your order.

:lol: