Author Topic: Eliot Rosewater: OMG! I VOILATED GROUP THINK!!!! I THINK...  (Read 2305 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Eliot Rosewater: OMG! I VOILATED GROUP THINK!!!! I THINK...
« on: September 20, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (7,059 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029615391

Oh my god cant BELIEVE what I just heard Cenk Uyger just say

Cenk Uyger on a show I listen to talking about ANY Democrat who takes a PENNY from Wall Street will NOT be supported.

Damn, I knew what I knew but wow, at least it is out in the OPEN now.

Amazing, simply amazing.

did I hear wrong?

Oh, and they can be pro gun, no problem but the ONE litmus test is no corporate or Wall street money or something like that.

I am hearing him by accident, I dont trust him AT ALL and would never listen to him but this was an accident.

Am I allowed to say that here about Cenk Uyger?

"Your Honor, I accidentally tripped and my dick just fell into that cheerleader..."

Star Member WinkyDink (49,843 posts)
1. This person gets one vote, right?

:rotf:

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (7,059 posts)
2. You are kidding, right?

You know that he runs a very large and influential political network or pac or whatever it is called, right>?

...wait for it...

Star Member WinkyDink (49,843 posts)
69. Good for him. I don't follow Right-Wingers.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the best part is no one corrects him/her/it...

Ninsianna (767 posts)
19. This person has a successful track record of disseminating propaganda do to people

who lack the ability in critical thought or to do their own research. He's funded by conservative Republicans and he does an excellent job of advancing their goals by dividing Democrats.

Yes- the Young Turks are funded by the republican party.

Cenk Kadir Uygur (/ˈdʒɛŋk ˈjuːɡər/; Turkish: [ˈdʒɛɲc ˈujɡur]; born March 21, 1970) is a Turkish-American progressive political activist, businessman, columnist, and political commentator. Uygur is the main host and co-founder of The Young Turks (TYT), an American liberal political and social commentary program. Before beginning his career as a political commentator, he worked briefly as an associate attorney in Washington, D.C. and New York City. As a young man, Uygur supported socially conservative views, criticizing abortion, affirmative action, and feminism. He currently identifies as a progressive.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

RandomAccess (303 posts)
88. What Republicans fund him?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

5. I wonder if I am allowed to post support for the Democratic Party here or not

I bet my non stop support of the party is controversial here, what you wanna bet?

Star Member rusty fender (1,778 posts)
6. But it's okay for him

to take $5million from Republican Buddy Roemer

yes- TYT took money from a [gasp] republican.

A firm led by former Republican governor and congressman Buddy Roemer is investing millions into The Young Turks Network to significantly increase its content, sales, and platform presence.

The investment of $4 million, with an option to go up to $8 million, came out of a conversation Roemer and The Young Turks Network founder Cenk Uygur had backstage before speaking at a conference about money in politics last year. The relationship between the conservative Louisiana politician and the founder of the progressive media outlet stemmed from both making the removal of money’s influence on politics their signature issues.

“One thing led to another, and it turns out we’re terrific partners for one another and that’s how it came about,” Uygur, who also has a PAC devoted to campaign finance reform, said in an interview.

In a statement, Roemer said his firm, Roemer, Robinson, Melville & Co., LLC, has been looking for two years to find the best new media platform in which to invest.

“We believe TYT will be one of the critical players moving forward in a new media world — edgy, unfiltered news commentary at its best,” Roemer said. “They are a lot like me, sometimes wrong but never in doubt. We expect their news to continue to push the envelope and their business to grow exponentially.”

Uygur said Roemer’s group will sit on The Young Turks Network’s advisory board but will not have influence over content. The network, which has a popular online news show that once broadcast on Current TV, has just announced that Hulu will carry a 30-minute version of “The Young Turks” and the network’s entertainment show “PopTrigger.”

“People are seeing that online media is a powerhouse and it’s a very logical investment; if you’re at all savvy you can see the handwriting on the wall which is that the audience is obviously going online for video content, and more so even in younger audiences,” Uygur said. “I think whether in media or out of the media business, if you’d like to make money, online video and digital media is a great way to do and I think people are just wising up to that.”

Uygur said the money will mostly be spent on hiring a larger sales team, creating more content, and expanding the number of platforms they currently broadcast on.

8. Are you allowed to mention that here?

probably not

12. I got in trouble somewhere for telling the truth about Cenk, it may not have been here

it may have been a youtube chat for an alleged liberal talker.

TYT are hard left, btw. Check them out on Youtube if you can stand it.

S
tar Member mcar (18,582 posts)
10. Oh FFS!

The purity of the TYT crowd will be the death of us all.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member ecstatic (22,241 posts)
17. Cenk is a RW libertarian IMO

Like a broken clock, he gets it right maybe once a day, but that's it. He's all over the place and applying rigid litmus tests that aren't truly reflective of anything and/or lack context. That's the thought process of a simpleton. Empty suit.

Anyone right of Stalin is a right-winger to the DUmpmonkiez

N
insianna (767 posts)
27. Well, this is awkward.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/contributors?id=n00000528

Display:
Federal data
Select source of funds:
Candidate Committee only
Contributor   Total
Alphabet Inc $359,981
Microsoft Corp $169,329
Apple Inc $131,618
Kaiser Permanente $119,464
Amazon.com $105,852
IBM Corp $102,700
Boeing Co $96,681
AT&T Inc $79,500
US Dept of Defense $77,503
Intel Corp $76,395

:-)

Star Member NastyRiffraff (8,758 posts)
100. Haven't we heard ENOUGH from this asshole?

He either doesn't know what he's talking about (entirely possible), he's a failed "pundit" trying to get attention (also possible), or he's out to destroy the Democratic Party (very, extremely, immensely possible).

I wish he would go away. Or get one of those old ham radios and squawk into it.

The Young Turks aren't leftist enough for the DUmp...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Eliot Rosewater: OMG! I VOILATED GROUP THINK!!!! I THINK...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 05:07:40 AM »
Uyger, please.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »
Cenk Uyger on a show I listen to talking about ANY Democrat who takes a PENNY from Wall Street will NOT be supported.

The Finance 202: Obama Wall Street speeches fail to spark Democratic outrage
Former president Barack Obama, it turns out, has wasted no time hopping on the Wall Street gravy train.

As Max Abelson of Bloomberg News reported Monday, Obama earned $400,000 last month for a speech to New York clients of Northern Trust Corp., an undisclosed sum for a speech last week to the private equity firm Carlyle Group, and will pull down about $400,000 next week for a keynote speech at investment bank Cantor Fitzgerald’s health-care conference.

The speeches come, Abelson notes, as Democrats engage in a fresh round of soul-searching touched off by the publication of Hillary Clinton’s post-election apologia. In it, Clinton expresses remorse for the political damage she inflicted on herself by accepting millions in Wall Street speaking fees:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-finance-202/2017/09/19/the-finance-202-obama-wall-street-speeches-fail-to-spark-democratic-outrage/59c0182130fb045176650d2a/?utm_term=.93f9b4fe2254

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »
Eliot Rosewater's martyr shtick has been going on for at least a couple of weeks. It's still there, and DU's PTBs haven't banned it, not even for being an annoying twerp. It needs to drop the, "I could get banned for saying this ...," shtick and just make it's point. It'd save everybody time and annoyance.

Obama rode and rides a wave of Wall Street cash. WJC rode corporate cash into the WH in the 1990s. HilLIARy tried to ride the same Wall Street corporate cash wave into the WH, but wiped out. The modern Democrat Party is the party of crony capitalists and government entrepreneurs, not the party of ordinary and normal people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:33:35 AM »
Looks like DUmmy Idiot Firewater is hitting the bottle full time.   :loser: :loser:

The humane thing to do here is send he/she/it some vibes.

Anyway...

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Original post)

Wed Sep 20, 2017, 07:38 PM

NurseJackie (14,746 posts)

7. He's (Cenk Uyger) an idiot. He's also a blowhard jerk. He can pucker up and kiss my fat ass.

Imagine that.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 10:19:56 PM »
.Is Cenk a rabid Republican? 26 minutes of nuttiness will tell you...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWY0iRLV94[/youtube]
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
Uyger, please.
BWAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAAA!!!!!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »
There is no truth to the seditious lie that Eliot Rosewater is my mole. 

I am incensed that I have to post this. 

:thatsright:
< watch this space for coming distractions >