Author Topic: Armchair generals, teh DUmp has them  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Armchair generals, teh DUmp has them
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »
Their military knowledge of tactics and strategy knows no bounds.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141868483

DonViejo

U.S. Flies Powerful War Planes Over Korean Peninsula To Showcase Strength
Last edited Mon Sep 18, 2017, 06:19 PM -

Source: Associated Press

By HYUNG-JIN KIM Published SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 7:13 AM

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — The U.S. military flew advanced bombers and stealth jets over the Korean Peninsula and near Japan in drills with South Korean and Japanese warplanes on Monday, three days after North Korea fired a missile over Japan.

The United States often sends powerful military aircraft in a show of force in times of heightened animosities with North Korea. The North launched its latest missile as it protested against tough new U.N. sanctions over its sixth nuclear test on Sept. 3.

Monday’s flyovers involved two B-1Bs and four F-35Bs from the U.S. military and four F-15K fighter jets from South Korea, according to the South Korean and U.S. militaries. The U.S. and South Korean planes flew across the Korean Peninsula and practiced attacks by releasing live weapons at a firing range in South Korea, the U.S. Pacific Command said in a statement.

The U.S. warplanes also conducted formation training with Japanese fighter jets over waters near the southern island of Kyushu, according to the Pacific Command.

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/us-flies-powerful-war-plans-over-north-korea
  :panic:
That's all well and good.

Not Ruth

1. North Korea does not have a no fly zone?
Yes, it's the 38th parallel and north, you sluggard.

No_hypocrisy

5. It's still close enough to NK to be considered provocation.   :banghead:
When do these damned drills finish?
Never, DUmbass. You train like you fight, you fight like you train.

Star Member SCantiGOP,

32. Agreed, please change the headline
It makes us all look pretty stupid Umm, well.. to be posting false info hereOh FF sake. Pretty much SOP for the DUmpmonkiez..

Apparently the original headline was fubar.
Primitives pant-hoot like they may have forced TPM to correct it.
Several offer sound military advice. (That's it, just sound, nothing of substance. )   

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Armchair generals, teh DUmp has them
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »
Apparently the original story's headline said they flew over NK, and had a picture of a WWII Corsair F4U, which was too stupid for even the DUmmtards to swallow without choking.  Their LBN forum requires using the headline of the original story for the thread without change (Otherwise the thread gets slain by an Admin).

It seems the source (Talkingpointsmemo) fixed their headline, and so the DU OP eventually went back and changed his to correspond.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
Apparently the original story's headline said they flew over NK, and had a picture of a WWII Corsair F4U, which was too stupid for even the DUmmtards to swallow without choking.  Their LBN forum requires using the headline of the original story for the thread without change (Otherwise the thread gets slain by an Admin).

It seems the source (Talkingpointsmemo) fixed their headline, and so the DU OP eventually went back and changed his to correspond.

Hey, the Corsair was pretty scary (a long long time ago).
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

Especially if Major Greg "Pappy" Boyington was flying it.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »
The F4U doesn't even crack the top five  on my favorites list.
Top five ...
1. XP-67  Bat      Beautiful bird
2. P-61B  Black Widow    Looks like all business.
3. P-38F  Łightning     Twin beauty. 
4. P-47C  Thunderbolt    The jug
5. P-51H  Mustang     This was the fastest variety.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
U.S. Flies Powerful War Planes Over Korean Peninsula To Showcase Strength

Do these dummies think flying a piper cub would frighten them,  We need to show them POWERFUL planes. OMG what a f*8king idiot!!! :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:55 PM »

The enemy didn't call it 'Whistling death' for nothing.  It was used for ground attack in the Korean War, and certainly killed a shit-ton of Norks in its day.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 01:41:11 PM »
The enemy didn't call it 'Whistling death' for nothing.  It was used for ground attack in the Korean War, and certainly killed a shit-ton of Norks in its day.

Hell, the French were using them in Indochina in the late 50s.  According to the F4U entry in Wikipedia, both Honduras and El Salvador used them in their "Football War" in 1969.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »

The F2G-1 and -2 ,  even more so.  The thought of fitting a 4360 in there,  is nuts.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 07:56:46 PM »
The F2G-1 and -2 ,  even more so.  The thought of fitting a 4360 in there,  is nuts.

This used to be a favorite on the race course at Reno.  an F4U with a P&W 4360

sadly it was lost in Phoenix in 1994.  My wife and I were there when it happened.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPPCCKAFp8[/youtube]

All that is left of the plane is the crumpled vertical tail fin on display at the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 08:12:52 PM »
Like a majority of people, DUmpmonkiez know only what they see on TV and the movies when confronted by the military (or anything else, of course). That in return is a ****ed up image of Hollywood's vision of what the military is really like (with rare exception).

It is no surprise then that the 'fore mentioned DUmpmonkiez consider themselves experts on matters militaria...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 07:24:30 AM »
The USAF and Republic of Korea Air Force have been conducting these exercises over and near South Korea for weeks, :rotf: and TPM and DU have just noticed it? :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
Relying on the DUmmies for military strategy is like relying on the Hildebeast for savvy political advice.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980