Author Topic: You know what the problem is with WW2 documentaries is?  (Read 2567 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
You know what the problem is with WW2 documentaries is?
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:54:23 AM »
We don't talk about the environmental impact or Axis casualties.

SHRED

Every online comments section regarding Ken Burn's "Vietnam"
99% of the comments are about how Vietnam affected them personally and/or America at large.

I find virtually NO comments on the environmental devastation we did to that country nor this:

The human costs of the long conflict were harsh for all involved. Not until 1995 did Vietnam release its official estimate of war dead: as many as 2 million civilians on both sides and some 1.1 million North Vietnamese and Viet Cong fighters. The U.S. military has estimated that between 200,000 and 250,000 South Vietnamese soldiers died in the war.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Vietnam-War

Self-centered to the extreme.

When will we learn?

Any word on the tyranny and human degradation imposed by the communists after the feckless democrats forced us to abandon the south?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: You know what the problem is with WW2 documentaries is?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:00:37 AM »
I find virtually NO comments on the environmental devastation we did to that country nor this:

It was only a bunch of bug infested jungle, it is not like something important like a starbucks got blown up!! :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »
It was only a bunch of bug infested jungle, it is not like something important like a starbucks got blown up!! :-) :-)

More napalm would have remedied that problem.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 12:12:26 PM »
Typical liberal history revisionism.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »

On Starbucks or the jungle?   :confused:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
On Starbucks or the jungle?   :confused:

Yes! :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »
The number of civilian deaths from war is very small compared to the number of civilian deaths inflicted by communists governments on their own citizens.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »

Can you still get Agent Orange?  I have this damn crabgrass problem in my front yard.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 05:25:24 AM »

Can you still get Agent Orange?  I have this damn crabgrass problem in my front yard.

You can make your own, but I don't think the low-sulphur diesel is as effective...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 06:43:18 PM »
as many as 2 million civilians on both sides and some 1.1 million North Vietnamese and Viet Cong fighters

So only 3.1 million? That's chump change. Remember W killed over 1 million within just a few days in Iraq.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »
We don't talk about the environmental impact or Axis casualties.

We won. That pisses off the dummies.  That is the reason why they do not talk about WW2. 

As an aside I have always maintained that the USA can seriously kick some ass when we absolutely have to. Problem is that starting in the 50's we lost that mindset and started worrying more about what the world thinks about us and enemy civilian casualties. When we go to war it should be with the goal of destroying the country we are at war with by any and all means possible, as soon as possible. Enough to make them incapable of mounting any resistance, organized or otherwise. When one is cold, starving, and outdoors, one does not desire to be an insurgent.

As far as the environmental devastation in vietnam... looks like that communist country is doing just fine.  Mother nature's healing methods are without equal.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi