Author Topic: Hillary Clinton just floated the possibility of contesting the 2016 election  (Read 4688 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Now where the hell did I put that Charlie Brown and Lucy GIF?  :lmao: With tons of idiotic replies to follow.  :-)

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029606490

Star Member babylonsister (154,624 posts)

Hillary Clinton just floated the possibility of contesting the 2016 election

This a big deal. The 2016 Democratic nominee, who won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, is expressly leaving open the possibility that she would pursue legal action to invalidate the last presidential election.

I've paid close attention to what Clinton's been saying since she lost the election and I have never heard her broach the possibility of a formal challenge of the results.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SVPete

Ummmmm ... unless she's proposing a coup and has the military backing to attempt it, this is meaningless. Or, more briefly, this is meaningless.

That said, I hope HilLIARy continues to parasite the oxygen the D Party needs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

This a big deal. The 2016 Democratic nominee, who won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, is expressly leaving open the possibility that she would pursue legal action to invalidate the last presidential election.

I've paid close attention to what Clinton's been saying since she lost the election and I have never heard her broach the possibility of a formal challenge of the results.

That and a buck and change will get you hamburger at mickey D's dummie.   :thatsright:

Fact is dummie, Donald J. Trump is the current president of the USA, will remain so until the 2020 election, and there is not one damned thing you or hillary can do about it.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
She's setting up a 2020 run, plain and simple.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline zeitgeist

Ummmmm ... unless she's proposing a coup and has the military backing to attempt it, this is meaningless. Or, more briefly, this is meaningless.

That said, I hope HilLIARy continues to parasite the oxygen the D Party needs.

Exactly.   You go girl.  Lately I have been wondering if she is deliberately tearing the party apart. :popcorn:

Is this just sour grapes working to destroy the party which has twice done her DIRT??   And what of Obama?  Did he deliberately damn her campaign with faint praise as a form of payback? 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Delmar

Response to Satch59 (Reply #34)Mon Sep 18, 2017, 05:33 PM
bucolic_frolic (7,145 posts)
50. It could be very very simple

if enough members of the administration and a few dozen members of Congress are hauled off to jail leaving a Democratic majority

Lock up enough Republicans and eventually the Democrats will have the majority--good plan.  Certainly very very simple.  Simple minded.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Mary Ann

Anyone remember when Hillary announced (in an ominous tone of voice) that it would be "horrifying" if Trump didn't accept the results of the election?

Offline jb2u11

I sincerely hope Hillary pursues this, it's just going to hurt the dims.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Anyone remember when Hillary announced (in an ominous tone of voice) that it would be "horrifying" if Trump didn't accept the results of the election?

Yeah, but now the shoe is on Hildabeast's other hoof. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Could be good for some laughs and suppressing the rise of new DemonRat leadership, with the added benefit of being doomed to fail and all.  Go for it, you crazy megalomaniac bitch.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Hillary Clinton just floated the possibility of contesting the 2016 election
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
Rumor ha sit she is setting up a go fund me page and as soon as she gets $6, 000,000.00 a new pants suit and some depends, she will file suit. This is no bull shit. I was reported by Mensch and the Palmer report. More information will be forthcoming in 24 hours.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Hillary Clinton just floated the possibility of contesting the 2016 election
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »
If Jeff Sessions was not such a wimp, Clinton, Lois Lerner, Jim Comey, Susan Rice, Samantha Power, and John Brennan would be interviewed by a special prosecutor.

I think Sessions is corrupt.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 05:14:58 PM »

A formal challenge of the results?  Oh no...please God....NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME OVER, MAN!  GAME OVER!!

Deplorable since 2016

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 07:13:34 AM »
Rumor ha sit she is setting up a go fund me page and as soon as she gets $6, 000,000.00 a new pants suit and some depends, she will file suit. This is no bull shit. I was reported by Mensch and the Palmer report. More information will be forthcoming in 24 hours.
Fat chance.

She is a grifter through and through, and is doing what grifters do.
She watched Jill Stein rake in bushels of cash from the mentally unbalanced lefties to do her "recount", and this is her saying "Hold my beer".

In her mind, if a nonfactor like Stein could milk the DUmmies of millions, just think what the Queen BEE-otch herself will be able to do!
Then after she's shaken them down for their last penny, she'll announce that there isn't any legal path for her to undo the election, so she'll quit, grab her stash, and split.

I hope it works too. Every buck she cons the DUmmies out of is on less dollar that could be spent developing and running a real candidate.

Of course I could be wrong.  Mensch and the Palmer report have such a sterling record for prognostication excellence.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Undies

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 10:45:38 AM »
A formal challenge of the results?  Oh no...please God....NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME OVER, MAN!  GAME OVER!!

We just laughed at her casual challenge.  She had to do something.

(I hear her formal is going to be blue with a big spooge stain where the corsage should be)

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »

Don't you mean "24 BUSINESS HOURS"...    :lol: :lol: :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »
HilLIARy needs to get used to her new title: Your Irrelevancy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 11:32:54 AM »
HilLIARy needs to get used to her new title: Your Irrelevancy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Madam Cankles will love that one!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »
She is a grifter through and through, and is doing what grifters do.
She watched Jill Stein rake in bushels of cash from the mentally unbalanced lefties to do her "recount", and this is her saying "Hold my beer".

In her mind, if a nonfactor like Stein could milk the DUmmies of millions, just think what the Queen BEE-otch herself will be able to do!
Then after she's shaken them down for their last penny, she'll announce that there isn't any legal path for her to undo the election, so she'll quit, grab her stash, and split.

You are so right!  And I'd love to see that goal marker ratchet up, watching fools and their money soon parted.   :rotf:

ETA:  Here's DU in a nutshell:
Response to babylonsister (Original post)
Mon Sep 18, 2017, 04:20 PM
greeny2323 (222 posts)
7. Huh?

What kind of nonsense is this? This is an extreme overreaction on the part of Cillizza, who is an idiot. Her comments don't warrant the article.

And Jesus ****ing Christ. Some people here on DU need to learn the basics of how elections work. What Clinton says is irrelevant now.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
Response to greeny2323 (Reply #7)
Mon Sep 18, 2017, 04:23 PM
 cilla4progress (7,913 posts)
10. Oh shush

Let us dream!

I still wish Al Gore would!!
:lmao:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:53:48 PM by Karin »