Author Topic: Georgia Tech Student-Activist Shot Dead by Campus Police  (Read 4563 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Georgia Tech Student-Activist Shot Dead by Campus Police
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141868182

icymist (12,111 posts)

Georgia Tech Student-Activist Shot Dead by Campus Police

Source: NBC News

An engineering student who was also an LGBTQ activist was shot and killed by Georgia Tech campus police on Saturday night, officials said Sunday.

The school identified the victim as Scout Schultz, 21, a fourth year engineering student from Lilburn, Georgia, who police said was armed with a knife. They made contact with him outside of a campus parking garage after they received a 911 call at 11:17 p.m. on Saturday, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The original call reported that Schultz was also carrying a gun, officials said.

In a video taken by a witness, Schultz can be heard yelling "Shoot me!" at police, as they tell him to drop the knife.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-tech-student-activist-shot-dead-campus-police-n802146?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

The 1st part of the replies are pretty much what you would expect, questions on why the police did not use stun guns or pepper spray and such.

Ilsa (45,483 posts)
5. They shouldn't have shot him. Wait him out.

Let him fall asleep, get thirsty, drug him with the water to put him out, gas him with something to make him pass out (?), anything besides killing him!

WTF? I hope the university does something about this.

Star Member lunasun (9,684 posts)
22. University police don't carry stun guns but do have pepper spray per NBC report

Seems stun guns should be on them at all times to prevent murder

I think the dad was saying the cops will shoot you Antifa they shot him so beware

Hoyt (30,865 posts)
31. I agree. He did not appear to be a real threat to police or students.

Then they blame Trump (the new blame Bush?).
haveahart (752 posts)
14. Trump has made it even easier for law enforcement to shoot and kill whomever they damn

well feel like killing.

And then a post feeling sorry for the police...
LittleBlue (10,276 posts)
15. I feel bad for the officer who had to shoot her

He/she will be traumatized for her selfish decision to involve others in ending her own life.

Now we get the PC lecture:
Not Ruth (1,964 posts)
27. No gender pronouns please, they are disrespectful

"The school identified the victim as Scout Schultz, 21, a fourth-year engineering student from Lilburn, Georgia, who police said was armed with a knife. Schultz, president of Georgia Tech's Pride Alliance, identified as non-binary and intersex and preferred to be referred to with they/them gender pronouns, according to the alliance's website."

The rest of the thread goes back to blaming the police and not the person who would not comply with a lawful order.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Georgia Tech Student-Activist Shot Dead by Campus Police
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
"Scouts out!"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:38:34 AM »
"Scouts out!"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

One less member of F-Troop I guess.  Oh well.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
identified as non-binary and intersex and preferred to be referred to with they/them gender pronouns

They and them have always meant more than  one person to me. If someone wants to be referred to that way, then they better have a mouse in their pocket.  :rofl:

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:25:13 AM »
They and them have always meant more than  one person to me. If someone wants to be referred to that way, then they better have a mouse in their pocket.  :rofl:
No mouse was mentioned, but I wouldn't rule out a cleverly hidden gerbil. :o :puke:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
Sounds like suicide by cop.

Stupid question whose answer I suspect I know: does any DU member have experience being a street patrolling law enforcement officer?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »
In a video taken by a witness, Schultz can be heard yelling "Shoot me!" at police, as they tell him to drop the knife.

They complied with his request, WTF is the problem here? :mental: :mental: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 11:47:59 AM »

yep.  The recently departed (how's that for not using binding pronouns) probably woke up Saturday morning, looked in the mirror and said to itself "WTF have you done with your life?" and figured out it was ****ed up beyond repair and opted to check out for good with the help of the Police.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:56:08 AM »
yep.  The recently departed (how's that for not using binding pronouns) probably woke up Saturday morning, looked in the mirror and said to itself "WTF have you done with your life?" and figured out it was ****ed up beyond repair and opted to check out for good with the help of the Police.

That was my thought.  He didn't like the pronouns he or she, now we can just call him "dead student".  Works for me.    It is a social disease.  When you cry out to be shot, you're Fu**ed in the head. 

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:34:41 PM »
Welp, adios cockroach.

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 04:42:38 AM »
The cops thought she was a dude and even her dad called her his son. No wonder she was so ****ed up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-tech-student-activist-shot-dead-campus-police-n802146?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 07:17:16 AM »
Quote from:
William Schultz added that his child had a 3.9 GPA and planned to graduate in December.

"Scout wanted to make new medical devices, and now we’ll never know what Scout might have come up with," Scout's mother, Lynne, said.

He could have invented a "mechanical gerbil". What a loss.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
A solar powered, bio fueled dildo. Green, sustainable, low impact, non GMO and affordable to the masses. :loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 07:58:42 AM »

He was depressed when he found out he made a FUGLY female.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 08:05:08 AM »
No mouse was mentioned, but I wouldn't rule out a cleverly hidden gerbil. :o :puke:

You da man.  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rofl:  :clap: 
 :cheersmate:  :hi5:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 08:28:26 AM »
I kinda have to SOMEWHAT agree with some of the DUmpasses on this one... at least in the unfortunate nature of the outcome. It obviously bothers me when anyone gets killed... well, except dirty terrorists. But that's an entirely different argument.
I know it's not advisable to try to disarm someone bent on dying, especially while they are waving a big knife. I know I sure as hell wouldn't.
That being said, there are some deficiencies here.
Look at the dead kid. Obvious mental issues... regardless what was going on there.
We have so many options now, if time isn't a variable.
It's easy to play armchair quarterback on stuff like this. Real easy. Standing there wondering what to do and if hes going to kill someone if you don't act is a bitch decision... will you regret waiting? will someone else die if you do decide to wait?
All one really needed here was an 870 loaded with 12ga bean bags. I guarantee you he would drop whatever was in his hands.I'd even wager a months pay he would drop it.
What we have here is definitely unfortunate.
Should we expect the police to carry every tool available on their back at all times? doesn't sound very reasonable, or even physically possible.
So I'm not saying the cop did something wrong here, I'm just saying it's quite unfortunate that this is the only reasonable choice the officer had.
And of all the bitching I see on this DUmp post, I don't see a single rational solution offered. Even IF a tazer shot were deployed, those things are only marginally effective and need to be perfectly placed shots. And even THEN, I've seen people just say "ow" and pull the probes out.
How may of those DUmmies would charge in and take the risk?
I'm guessing not a single damned one of them.
I just don't see how ANYONE would even want to be a cop today. We're damn lucky there are still people willing to do it in this environment.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 08:38:36 AM »

He was depressed when he found out he made a FUGLY female.

Looks like he was a FUGLY male as well.

Probably took the best option available.  DUmmies should take note on this option when all seems lost or when someone gets elected you don't like or something else happens you don't lilke.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »
I kinda have to SOMEWHAT agree with some of the DUmpasses on this one... at least in the unfortunate nature of the outcome. It obviously bothers me when anyone gets killed... well, except dirty terrorists. But that's an entirely different argument.
I know it's not advisable to try to disarm someone bent on dying, especially while they are waving a big knife. I know I sure as hell wouldn't.
That being said, there are some deficiencies here.
Look at the dead kid. Obvious mental issues... regardless what was going on there.
We have so many options now, if time isn't a variable.
It's easy to play armchair quarterback on stuff like this. Real easy. Standing there wondering what to do and if hes going to kill someone if you don't act is a bitch decision... will you regret waiting? will someone else die if you do decide to wait?
All one really needed here was an 870 loaded with 12ga bean bags. I guarantee you he would drop whatever was in his hands.I'd even wager a months pay he would drop it.
What we have here is definitely unfortunate.
Should we expect the police to carry every tool available on their back at all times? doesn't sound very reasonable, or even physically possible.
So I'm not saying the cop did something wrong here, I'm just saying it's quite unfortunate that this is the only reasonable choice the officer had.
And of all the bitching I see on this DUmp post, I don't see a single rational solution offered. Even IF a tazer shot were deployed, those things are only marginally effective and need to be perfectly placed shots. And even THEN, I've seen people just say "ow" and pull the probes out.
How may of those DUmmies would charge in and take the risk?
I'm guessing not a single damned one of them.
I just don't see how ANYONE would even want to be a cop today. We're damn lucky there are still people willing to do it in this environment.

My sympathy gland was burned out years ago by the evil of the left.  And I mean evil.  This person could have been saved had not the evil left decided that mental defects such as "transgenderism" should be embraced and not treated.  They made the bed, this guy slept in it.  Play stupid games, etc.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 11:11:57 AM »
My sympathy gland was burned out years ago by the evil of the left.  And I mean evil.  This person could have been saved had not the evil left decided that mental defects such as "transgenderism" should be embraced and not treated.  They made the bed, this guy slept in it.  Play stupid games, etc.

I agree with you 100%, these so called trans whatever people are sick in the head. Instead of treating them like htey are ok and special, they need to be given a dose of reality. Psychiatric help, medication or a lobotomy, or what ever it takes to straighten them out.

All this silliness has gone to far, trying to placate them doesn't do them or society as a whole any good.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 06:55:35 PM »

So many unanswered questions.

Did he want the cops to shoot his **** off for a cheap "medical" procedure ?
Then in the hospital he could have asked for a "****" to be sutured in.  :shrug:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
It was suicide-by-cop.

1. The guy had attempted suicide on multiple previous occasions.

2. The guy left 3 suicide notes in his room.

3. The 9-1-1 call to which the police responded, that reported a man wandering about with a knife and a gun ........... was placed by the guy who was shot by the police.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »

Stupid question whose answer I suspect I know: does any DU member have experience being a street patrolling law enforcement officer?

Probably not.  The dummies are usually on the other side of the police contact equation.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi