Author Topic: IVAW..................War Crimes Encouraged  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
IVAW..................War Crimes Encouraged
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
I have a really hard time believing this crap. This is the group that held Jesse Macbeth up as proof.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3149110

Hissyspit  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 12:55 AM
Original message
Iraq Vet Anti-War Group (IVAW) Says War Crimes are 'Encouraged' 
 Edited on Mon Jan-21-08 12:57 AM by Hissyspit
Source: News 10 Now (NY)

January 20th, 2008 10:21 pm
Anti-war group says war crimes are "encouraged"
By Brian Dwyer / News 10 Now

WATERTOWN, NY - "I was messed up in the head. It was okay for me. I laughed afterwards. We all did. It's just the way things go." Iraq war veteran Jon Turner said it was almost expected of him to pull the trigger on people who didn't need to die. So he did.

"It was my decision," Turner said. "I made it. Now I have to live with the fact that I still see someone's eyes screaming at me after I shot them." But Turner says it wasn't his choice to be encouraged to do it from higher ranking officers. He and three other veterans speaking out Saturday at the Different Drummer Cafe in Watertown said committing war crimes is not only the way things go, but it's unofficial policy.

"The killing of innocent civilians is policy," veteran Mike Blake said. "It's unit policy and it's Army policy. It's not official policy, but it's what's happens on the ground everyday. It's what unit commanders individually encourage."

The group, part of the national organization called Iraq Veterans Against War are planning an event to be held in Washington, D.C. this coming March called "Winter Soldier" that will have veterans all speaking about war crimes they committed or witnessed during their tours of duty.

Read more: http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?...

Let's feel the love for the military

crim son  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 01:21 AM
Response to Original message
2. And some say the military is a noble profession.
 I wouldn't send my children to the government to be destroyed. What sane person would? Sorry; my comment may be somewhat off-topic but it was my first reaction to the OP

More noble than your primitive ass could ever imagine.

TheGaffer (4 posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 01:39 AM
3. How is this "protecting our freedoms"?
 And someone tell me again why we should "support our troops?"

:censored:

themartyred  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 04:00 AM
5. could a commercial with his strong words 
 be turned into an ad against the occupation and played on cable if we could find a station that would play it, if we helped fund it through this group? his words are just 'awakening' and mouth-dropping, not that they're grotesquely descriptive. "eyes screaming after you've shot them" is just harsh, not overly grotesque. I ask, because this is a very serious (no emphasis needed) situation we're allowing as citizens, and I want it to stop.

Judi Lynn  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 04:44 AM
7. If it's humanly possible the right-wing will swift boat these brave vets.
 Since they've all lived through far harder situations, it's doubtful they'll be quaking in their boots. I hope they are looking forward to airing the truth. It may be one rare moment during the entire administration (that's assuming he'll agree to leave as scheduled) of George W. Bush, during which the truth was ever spoken.

Hoping nothing will interfere with their public statement. No fatal accidents, no murders, no suicides, no disappearances into thin air, no sudden heart attacks.

I'm getting sick and tired of the "Swift boating them" constantly from these idiots.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 05:47 AM
8. Definitely confirms what other vets have told me

You wouldn't know a vet if they kicked you in your ass.

1620rock  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 10:12 AM
Response to Reply #14
15. These vets will be paying for this for the rest of their lives...and so will we.

Hydra (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 11:14 AM
19. "It's not official policy"
 But it is. They keep saying that the orders are not coming from the top, but the torture is being ordered from the top, so we would be fools to think the genocidal orders aren't as well.

War ain't noble, liberating, or acceptable behavior. Yet we let it happen.

jimlup  (189 posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 11:42 AM
22. As long as war crimes are officially denied...
 The media won't bother to make it a story. Unfortunately, the mainstream population will ignore it as unsupported despite widespread evidence and testimony.

Here's one that goes against the hive.............

Pavulon (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 10:34 AM
Response to Reply #2
17. This is not a military issue
 the military has many functions. Their primary function is to destroy things. Equipment, enemy forces, and capability.

This is one persons view of the Army from their experience (hopefully). Not everyone would agree with it.

However judging the actions of a huge group of people on the opinion is unfair.

The military follows lawful orders, they dont get to vote on them.

I choose to join the NG and was not sent there. It was a (mostly) positive experience. But that is my opinion.

Can we call em traitors yet??

All one needs to see is what this group is. They are the same Winter Soilders from Vietnam, they are the ones that then fed lies about what they did to the public just like recently when they placed Jesse macbeth on their anti war, anti American pedestal.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: IVAW..................War Crimes Encouraged
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »
If there was one shred of truth to any of this it would be on the front page of the NY Times as well as every other mouthpiece the libs have (think Olberman,Clift...etc.)

That they don`t even consider this is evidence of what libs WANT to believe.
They hate this country and all it stands for with a satanic passion.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »
crim son  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 01:21 AM
2. And some say the military is a noble profession.
 I wouldn't send my children to the government to be destroyed. What sane person would? Sorry; my comment may be somewhat off-topic but it was my first reaction to the OP

You know, my son is 6 feet tall and built like a brick sh*thouse. The idea of me sending him anywhere if laughable. This is just another example of how little they understand the military.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Can we question their patriotism yet?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn