Author Topic: The Key to Selling Medicare for All Is Simple. Rockhead  (Read 5079 times)

Offline CC27

The Key to Selling Medicare for All Is Simple. Rockhead
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:57:48 AM »
MineralMan (98,529 posts)

The Key to Selling Medicare for All Is Simple

Here's the basic message that will need to be used. the actual message will depend on how the system is configured, but will look something like this. It's easy to understand and makes sense.

Learn The Basics of Medicare for All

With Medicare for All, your healthcare will work much like it does now, but will cost less!

1. If your employer currently pays part of your health insurance premium, that will continue. Your contribution will also continue as it does now. Due to the savings of a single-payer system, however, the cost will be lower in almost all cases.

2. If you currently pay 100% of your health insurance premium, you'll continue to do so, but the amount of that premium will be lower in almost all cases.

3. If you currently are covered by Medicare, you won't really notice any changes. Your basic premium will be automatically deducted from your Social Security benefit, and you can purchase supplemental coverage as you do now.

4. Medicare for All pays 80% of medical costs in almost all situations. If you wish, you can purchase a supplemental insurance plan from any available provider to cover the remaining 20%, just as Medicare recipients have been doing for many years. Generally premium costs for supplemental coverage are very affordable and most people will take this option.

5. If your income is below a selected multiple of the poverty line, government subsidies will be available to reduce your premium costs to a level you can afford. In some cases, you will pay no premium at all for coverage.

For more details on Medicare for All healthcare coverage, please click this link.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029596300

FREE FREE FREE!!!!!  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

Re: The Key to Selling Medicare for All Is Simple. Rockhead
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:02:34 AM »
6. Close all DMV offices for 2 years so people forget what government healthcare would be like.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 09:02:57 AM »
It's magic, single payer will instantly make it cheaper!! The cost of insurance isn't the problem, it is the actual cost of medical care. until that is resolved nothing will change.

For all the welfare leeches all they care about is having someone else pay for their coverage. Personally I think if you are on welfare you don't deserve anything other than band aids and aspirin.

The magic negro promised lower costs and better coverage, he lied to you all. :bird: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
With Medicare for All, your healthcare will work much like it does now, but will cost less!

Since I'm on TriCare for Life/Medicare, color me skeptical.

I suppose single-payer is a backward way to get interstate portability and guaranteed ability to get coverage, but it seems like the most government-centric and inefficient way possible to get there.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:48:09 AM »
That was supposed to be simple?  Jeez, I've read NIH grant documents and IRS forms more understandably that that jibberish, Rockhead.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Undies

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
The main problem with Free Government Medical Care For All is that it ultimately will not make leftists happy.  There will always be those who can afford better than what the Free Government Medical care For All will certainly become.  And then the fight will start all over again. 

Does anyone really think that when Leonardo DeCaprio starts having serious prostate problem that he will seek help at Public Care facility #17 ?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »
Another 2500.00 in my pocket?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 01:42:14 PM »
2. If you currently pay 100% of your health insurance premium, you'll continue to do so, but the amount of that premium will be lower in almost all cases.

Do you actually READ the crap you spew?

3. If you currently are covered by Medicare, you won't really notice any changes. Your basic premium will be automatically deducted from your Social Security benefit, and you can purchase supplemental coverage as you do now.

Same question shit-for-brains.

4. Medicare for All pays 80% of medical costs in almost all situations. If you wish, you can purchase a supplemental insurance plan from any available provider to cover the remaining 20%, just as Medicare recipients have been doing for many years. Generally premium costs for supplemental coverage are very affordable and most people will take this option.

5. If your income is below a selected multiple of the poverty line, government subsidies will be available to reduce your premium costs to a level you can afford. In some cases, you will pay no premium at all for coverage.

Such as welfare leeches?

And you idiots can't understand why Trump won.....

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 03:35:52 PM »
If there is any doubt how utterly stupid George is then let that be satisfied.

Response to Hoyt (Reply #9)

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 10:49 AM

Star Member MineralMan (98,567 posts)
13. Well, if a single-payer concept is what it's supposed to be,

then it will lower individual costs, simply due to the reduction in administrative costs alone. It will also equalize revenues for providers. Will there be adjustments to be made on the healthcare industry. Damned straight! Good.

But, for the average Jane, the whole healthcare thing should cost less. If there is one payer, that payer can dictate what can be charged for pretty much everything. That's the equalizing factor. It's going to be a revolutionary change, but one that will be adapted to.

For example, the multi-specialty clinic where I get primary care has its own freaking MRI machine. A block away from it is an imaging center with three of the damned things. My clinic does not need its own, nor do its patients. There is massive duplication of technology that has to be paid for. Screw that. I can go down the block for an MRI if I need one.

The whole thing is going to require many changes, but individual voters don't care about any of that. They just want to know that they'll get the care they need without paying lots more for a more effective, efficient system. If whatever is proposed can't provide that, then it's the wrong system and should be changed so it can.

To succeed, any system that is proposed is going to have to ensure access to care at a lower price than the current system. If it doesn't do that, then it's the wrong proposal, frankly.

They did not buy an enormously expensive machine simply to charge more dumbass.
They bought it to deliver services at a profit with the desire to encourage patronage because of the convenience and service they offer.

You are too ****ing stupid to realize that you just summed up single payer,no provider care though retard.
There won`t be 1 or 4 MRI machines close as a government bureaucracy will determine that in order to save fees and restrict usage having a machine 100 miles away from you is just perfect.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 03:43:54 PM »
Response to MineralMan (Reply #13)

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 11:36 AM

Star Member Hoyt (30,834 posts)
15. I don't buy that reduction in admin cost. Fact is, docs submit the same claim to any payer and

put the same charge on the claim. The payer pays and the doctor's office writes off any difference between the plan's allowable and the charge the doctor sent.

Some people think that if we remove requirements for getting plan approval -- called prior approval or pre-certification -- that will save a lot of admin time. Well, you do that on everything and you'll have the same issue Medicare does now -- overutilization.

The reason there are all those MRI machines is that Medicare pretty much pays for them without checking for medical necessity until years after that fact, if at all. If that is not controlled, the cost for Medicare-for-all will be astronomical.

Overtime, we are going to have to get doctors away from owning all these ancillary billing schemes. I know for a fact that when doctors profit from ordering tests, they order them more often than when they don't profit.

There should be savings in the system, but we are also picking up a bunch of uninsured (which is good); supposedly doing away with the 20% Medicare charges or the higher copays private insurers often require; dental and vision care; etc. I just don't see how it is going to be a lot cheaper to the average Joe who will have to pay the majority of the cost, especially short-term.

You are exactly right, to make this thing work a lot of changes have to be made. Everyone -- providers, equipment manufacturers, nurses who work in provider offices/facilities, and even patients -- are going to have to change their expectations. I'm not sure the desire is there to do that. Hopefully it is.

When Hoyt is smarter than you George you really should evaluate flapping your gums.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »
Fri Sep 15, 2017, 10:49 AM

Star Member MineralMan (98,567 posts)
For example, the multi-specialty clinic where I get primary care has its own freaking MRI machine. A block away from it is an imaging center with three of the damned things. My clinic does not need its own, nor do its patients. There is massive duplication of technology that has to be paid for. Screw that. I can go down the block for an MRI if I need one.

Canuckia has solved that "problem". They have restricted the number of MRI scanners. So much so that Canuckians have to choose between long delays to have a scan done or paying a "medical tourism" visit to the US.

Meanwhile, in the late 1980s I was able to get a scan appointment within two weeks, and a couple of months ago, after an event I mentioned elsewhere, I was able to get a scan appointment within a week. Another thing MM doesn't realize is that having those choices available is a downward pressure on the price he pays.

But that's all thinking beyond what Dr. Thomas Sowell calls "Stage 1".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 11:21:16 PM »
Sure as hell sounds like, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. And it will all be $2,500 cheaper."

But the DUmmies don't know that.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 11:29:33 AM »
How about closing all the medical facilities here and moving it all down to Mexico where it all will be a whole lot cheaper? Turn hospitals here into bus stations for a free trip to Tijuana to see the doctor.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »

Sure as hell sounds like, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. And it will all be $2,500 cheaper."

But the DUmmies don't know that.

Yup! "The Key to Selling Medicare for All Is Simple": Lie. A LOT!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:22:42 AM by SVPete »

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »
What the dummies fail to realize is that medicaid and medicare are the biggest drivers behind insurance costs for the rest of us.

4 simple facts:

1. The federal government has the ability, and they use it, to require care providers to take what they pay them for services.
2. Those payments are below the cost of the services.
3. Providers must at least break even or go out of business
4. In order to not go out of business they charge everyone else more for services

Want to drop the cost of medical care in the US? Kill medicaid and take the money and apply it to medicare payments.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »
What the dummies fail to realize is that medicaid and medicare are the biggest drivers behind insurance costs for the rest of us.

4 simple facts:

1. The federal government has the ability, and they use it, to require care providers to take what they pay them for services.
2. Those payments are below the cost of the services.
3. Providers must at least break even or go out of business
4. In order to not go out of business they charge everyone else more for services

Want to drop the cost of medical care in the US? Kill medicaid and take the money and apply it to medicare payments.

On top of that, perky, Medicare doesn't keep track of what the actual costs of things are.

My mother-in-law got a wheelchair thru a medical supply company near me.  The chair cost $140.00 out the door.  But since she has Medicare and Medicaid, the company was paid $895.00 for the chair by the government...

Meanwhile, Medicare only pays $160 for a $1,500 MRI... :banghead:  :thatsright:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 08:53:38 PM »
On top of that, perky, Medicare doesn't keep track of what the actual costs of things are.

My mother-in-law got a wheelchair thru a medical supply company near me.  The chair cost $140.00 out the door.  But since she has Medicare and Medicaid, the company was paid $895.00 for the chair by the government...

Meanwhile, Medicare only pays $160 for a $1,500 MRI... :banghead:  :thatsright:

Exactly DD.  And that is not the total cost of medicaid.  Not only does the federal gummint pay for the actual provider costs, they also pay the states a tidy sum to run the system.  Costs such as computer systems, the people to run it, etc.  A while back I saw in the local rag that the state of WV was going to procure a new medicaid system, all paid for by the feds, for 800 million dollars.

800 million bucks to keep track of who is enrolled in the system in a state that has 1.6 million people and what they pay out?  Good gravy! Seems their current system works just fine but noooooo... we got to buy a new one.

There is the damned waste.  I can't imagine what the cost would be for say mexifornia.   :banghead: :banghead:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 11:37:58 AM »
It's magic, single payer will instantly make it cheaper!! The cost of insurance isn't the problem, it is the actual cost of medical care. until that is resolved nothing will change.

For all the welfare leeches all they care about is having someone else pay for their coverage. Personally I think if you are on welfare you don't deserve anything other than band aids and aspirin.

The magic negro promised lower costs and better coverage, he lied to you all. :bird: :bird:

The only good way in which single-payer would bring down costs would be because the "defensive medicine" required to avoid a malpractice lawsuit unnecessary. Who wants to bet that if the government started paying those bills, they'd make it illegal to sue, like they do with military healthcare?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 12:32:49 PM »

1. If your employer currently pays part of your health insurance premium, that will continue. Your contribution will also continue as it does now. Due to the savings of a single-payer system, however, the cost will be lower in almost all cases.
Hmm...
1. Go to single payer.
2. ?????????????
3. Savings.

Sounds like a realistic plan.  :mental:

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »
Hmm...
1. Go to single payer.
2. ?????????????
3. Savings.

Sounds like a realistic plan.  :mental:

The same people that bitch about waste in defense spending think the government will be efficient in managing 350 million peoples healthcare.  :mental:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 03:50:14 PM »
What DUmmies and other liberals backing single payer fail to address is that by putting limits on the cost of medical treatment, you are forcing people to work for less than they value their own time and abilities.

What next, force doctors to treat people for free? :whistling:

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »
What DUmmies and other liberals backing single payer fail to address is that by putting limits on the cost of medical treatment, you are forcing people to work for less than they value their own time and abilities.

What next, force doctors to treat people for free? :whistling:

The dummies have already floated that idea.  I think the dentist in Phillie was the only one against it.   :lmao:

Montani Semper Liberi