Author Topic: NYC Muslim Student Who Lied About Trump Supporters Subway Attack Pleads Guilty  (Read 1335 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
NYC Muslim College Student Who Lied About Trump Supporters Subway Attack Pleads Guilty To Hoax

Via NYDN:

The Muslim college student who lied to cops about getting attacked on the subway by drunken Trump supporters took a plea deal on Friday.

Yasmin Seweid, 19, copped to falsely reporting an incident and disorderly conduct for the bogus claim.

Seweid, of New Hyde Park, L.I., said hate-filled white men harassed her and tried to snatch the hijab off her head during an encounter on the No. 6 train on Dec. 1.

Seweid previously admitted she wasted police resources to cover up for her missed curfew.

University of Michigan student lied about hijab threat

She must go through six months of counseling and complete three days of community service.

If Seweid fulfills the terms of her deal, the top charge against her will be tossed and she’ll be left with just a violation.

The prosecutor read an apology letter from Seweid.

“I was stupid,” the teen wrote. “I plan to continue to find ways to better myself.”

She’s due back in court in November to update the court on her progress.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/teen-lied-anti-muslim-attack-subway-pleads-guilty-article-1.3481401

Offline HAPPY2BME

Viral Story Of Muslim Woman Allegedly Attacked On NYC Subway By ‘Trump Supporters’ Found To Be Hoax

Yasmin Seweid, a Baruch College student, told police that she boarded a uptown No. 6 train at East 23rd St. on Dec. 1 and was called a "terrorist" by three drunken young white men.

She also claimed that when she moved to the other end of the train, one of the men followed her and tried to pull off her hijab before she fled.

Yasmin Seweid exits the Manhattan Criminal Court with her father

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161214/murray-hill/yasmin-seweid-trump-hijab-nypd-nyc-hate-crime-anti-muslim-false-report#

Offline HAPPY2BME