Author Topic: I Wonder How Many Republicans Smashed By Hurricanes. Themastersnemesis  (Read 3506 times)

Offline CC27

TheMastersNemesis (8,154 posts)

I Wonder How Many Republicans Smashed By Hurricanes Still Believe In Small Govt.

We know that a good many GOPPERS were absolutely trashed by the Hurricanes. Florida is probably the best example of how non partisan that Hurricane Irma was. Assuredly there were a lot of GOPPERS in Houston who were smashed as well even in the more liberal Houston area.

So I wonder if they still believe that the federal government has NO roll in governing because they cannot be openly hateful and racist because of federal civil rights laws. Maybe even the most bigoted might realize that we are all in this mess together.

Nothing prove more that the roll in the federal governing is crucial to survival itself. These states will never recover without federal help. The states and islands will be wastelands forever without federal dollars.

There will be many more federal disasters the not care if you are a GOP or Democratic supporter. What kind of response will there be in a blue state like California if anything happens in the light of what happened with Sandy.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029588365

Off the meds again huh?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: I Wonder How Many Republicans Smashed By Hurricanes.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:07:07 AM »
I'm a conservative, I was effected by Irma, and I still believe in small gov't. So here's one.

Quote from:
So I wonder if they still believe that the federal government has NO roll in governing...Nothing prove more that the roll in the federal governing is crucial to survival itself. These states will never recover without federal help. The states and islands will be wastelands forever without federal dollars.

Maybe the federal gov't has a "biscuit" in gov't rather than a "roll".  :o  You're a dimwit, Bob.

We've never believed in "no roll", but rather "limited role." That's a big difference. What you are referencing in Federal assistance falls under "limited role".

Quote from:
we are all in this mess together.

No, we're not. I don't want anything to do with you, primitive. Take your Marxist "collectivism" somewhere else.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I Wonder How Many Republicans Smashed By Hurricanes. Themastersnemesis
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:13:32 AM »
In case anyone missed it, comment 103 and all that follows:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,96179.100.html

It looks as if ol' hypertensive Bob's into voodoo and stuff.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:23:36 AM »

It's worse than voodoo, frank.

http://www.anamcaraceremonies.com
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
we are all in this mess together.

Not so much, Bob.  You guys are more like grasshoppers, or more accurately a plague of locusts, and we're more like the ants, except not as into matriarchal collectivism as the industrious but benighted little bastards are.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 09:55:05 AM »

pretend religions are more comfortable to DUmmies than the real stuff. make believe doesn't call you out on drug use and perversion...DUmmies hate being called out.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
Not so much, Bob.  You guys are more like grasshoppers, or more accurately a plague of locusts, and we're more like the ants, except not as into matriarchal collectivism as the industrious but benighted little bastards are.

More like the scorpion on our back in the flood waters.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 11:33:46 AM »
If the federal gov't pulled completely out of Texas and Florida, I imagine they would recover twice as fast as with the Feds help.   How about no federal taxes paid for six months.  Corporate and individual.  All taxes normally paid go to a charity run by someone who's salary is less than $300,000/Yr.  They'd be back on their feet in 6 mos.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »
Since Harvey hit Houston hardest, Harvey and Irma probably hit Ds and Rs pretty much alike.  At this point, it's private organizations and people who have carried out some 80% of relief work; mostly religious orgs. Not that facts matter to TheMasterNematode.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
Re: I Wonder How Many Republicans Smashed By Hurricanes.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
I'm a conservative, I was effected by Irma, and I still believe in small gov't. So here's one.

Maybe the federal gov't has a "biscuit" in gov't rather than a "roll".  :o  You're a dimwit, Bob.

We've never believed in "no roll", but rather "limited role." That's a big difference. What you are referencing in Federal assistance falls under "limited role".

No, we're not. I don't want anything to do with you, primitive. Take your Marxist "collectivism" somewhere else.

Normally I'm against anyone on the interwebs being the grammar/spelling/language police; however, since the DUmbasses like to pretend that they are the most smartest, advancedest creatures in the universe...well...if USA4ME doesn't have a interwebs badge the fictional spirit-guide corps will be more than willing to grant one.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 02:19:27 PM »
I live in Florida and was hit with Irma, when the wind stopped I went out started cleaning up the mess like all my responsible neighbors did. we didn't wait for gubermint help .

Us conservatives unlike all you lazy liberal / progressives are able to help ourselves and aren't looking for handouts and pity partys

And oh yeah, F**k you. :bird: :bird: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »
I'm a Floridian, went through Irma, and didn't expect Big Daddy Gummint to bail us out for anything.
The only governmental aid relating to the storm I benefited from was Governor Scott suspending tolls for as long as necessary (I rode it out with my cousin and her hubby who live near UCF, and normally have to pay a bunch of tolls to get to them), and I'm grateful for that and didn't need anything else.
We all worked hard to clean up, and are making good progress already without any federal help.
btw, disaster prep and relief are much more the duty of local and state governments than the national government. It's why I was so angry that, post- Katrina, so many people were ranting about how the Bush Administration should have done more while completely giving a free pass to the grotesque incompetence demonstrated by both the mayor of New Orleans and the governor of Louisiana (Both D's, btw).

Since Harvey hit Houston hardest, Harvey and Irma probably hit Ds and Rs pretty much alike.  At this point, it's private organizations and people who have carried out some 80% of relief work; mostly religious orgs. Not that facts matter to TheMasterNematode.
That fact must really stick in his craw, as he views such private help, ESPECIALLY from religious orgs, as pure evil incarnate.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 07:57:31 AM »
btw, disaster prep and relief are much more the duty of local and state governments than the national government. It's why I was so angry that, post- Katrina, so many people were ranting about how the Bush Administration should have done more while completely giving a free pass to the grotesque incompetence demonstrated by both the mayor of New Orleans and the governor of Louisiana (Both D's, btw).

Those are things DU-grade Progs like TheMasterNematode don't want to know or be known. Disaster relief begins with the people who are there, the local people who live where the disaster struck,individually and mutually and in organizations. Back when the huge earthquake and tsunami hit Indonesia (Banda Aceh, IIRC),it was famously known that the first outside aid was from a USN amphibious assault task group that happened to be nearby. True enough. But before the USN arrived missions organizations' people were already at work along side the locals, using the people, equipment, and supplies they already had on hand.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 09:10:21 AM »
Nothing prove more that the roll in the federal governing is crucial to survival itself. These states will never recover without federal help. The states and islands will be wastelands forever without federal dollars.

You are a special kind of stupid, the recovery is done by private companies, ie the power  and communication industries, and private charities and individuals.

There will be many more federal disasters the not care if you are a GOP or Democratic supporter. What kind of response will there be in a blue state like California if anything happens in the light of what happened with Sandy.
if California had a disaster like this the illegals and welfare leeches would leave like rats abandoning a sinking ship to someplace else to get freebies, and all the libs left would be standing there scratching their collective asses.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 09:49:30 AM »
if California had a disaster like this the illegals and welfare leeches would leave like rats abandoning a sinking ship to someplace else to get freebies, and all the libs left would be standing there scratching their collective asses.

Well, their departure would be slowed by the burden of transporting all the portable electronics and stolen 'Meds' they could carry.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 08:59:17 AM »
What kind of response will there be in a blue state like California if anything happens in the light of what happened with Sandy.
I guess he means like when the other States and even Countries helped the PRK following the Loma Prieta earthquake?  :thatsright:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson