Author Topic: DU: : **** ESPN for being civil!  (Read 2171 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DU: : **** ESPN for being civil!
« on: September 12, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »
Star Member JonLP24 (20,617 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029587570

ESPN issues apology after host Jemele Hill calls Trump a white supremacist

They're apologizing because one of their hosts said the right thing for once?

As ESPN hemorrhages views it's probably a wise thing to distance themselves from this host.

Star Member MattP (2,577 posts)
1. The fans that post and call in to shows are mostly deplorables

says the DUmpmonkie who spells deplorable wrong.

Star Member Bleacher Creature (5,513 posts)
2. Should she also apologize for saying that today is Tuesday? NT

NNadir (20,861 posts)
5. This is special, a "news" organization apologizing for having a reporter tell the truth. A sign...of the times.

It is a sign of the times when public figures call out the president of the USA with vile language. Sort of reminds me of 1858-1860 America if truth be told.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: DU: : **** ESPN for being civil!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 10:19:59 PM »
I can just imagine the cries of rage had the magic negro been treated even remotely like Trump is being treated.
Two-faced liberal pukes disgust me.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:35:39 AM »
Too bad Kurt Schilling never received this courtesy, he was immediately fired.  Double standards ESPN has them. 
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 08:15:47 AM »
Too bad Kurt Schilling never received this courtesy, he was immediately fired.  Double standards ESPN has them.

Posted something similar at CU.  ESPN is essentially unwatchable anymore.  Only tune in for live sporting events that I can't get elsewhere.  Grew up and into adulthood watching SportsCenter.  No more, and shame on them.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:32:03 AM »
Posted something similar at CU.  ESPN is essentially unwatchable anymore.  Only tune in for live sporting events that I can't get elsewhere.  Grew up and into adulthood watching SportsCenter.  No more, and shame on them.
I have been doing the same for the last 6-8 months or so. I can get the scores and highlights online without having to endure all of the smug liberal claptrap. After a couple of weeks it became as natural as breathing.

These F*wits don't get that people like me view sports to ESCAPE from politics. When Obozo stated showing up in the broadcast booths of games I was watching, I instantly tuned them out.
Screw these assholes that can't seem to keep their politics out of every freaking thing they touch!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
I have been doing the same for the last 6-8 months or so. I can get the scores and highlights online without having to endure all of the smug liberal claptrap. After a couple of weeks it became as natural as breathing.

These F*wits don't get that people like me view sports to ESCAPE from politics. When Obozo stated showing up in the broadcast booths of games I was watching, I instantly tuned them out.
Screw these assholes that can't seem to keep their politics out of every freaking thing they touch!

Precisely.  Sports are an escape from political garbage.  But the liberal left is just doubling down on their mission.  Don't see any of this crap on MLB Network, Golf Channel and NFL Network.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:33:38 PM »
Too bad Kurt Schilling never received this courtesy
Ditto for Rush Limpbaugh re: his brief stint at espn.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020