Author Topic: I'm taking a brief vacation from DU  (Read 2030 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
I'm taking a brief vacation from DU
« on: September 06, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »
Mountain Mule (414 posts)                    https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029563074

As of this writing, there are five threads on the DU home page - yes FIVE - once again refighting the primary. Both Hillary and Bernie did any number of things wrong and both did any number of things right. However, that's all in the PAST! Does everyone really want to keep on re-fighting ancient history and bashing Hillary/bashing Bernie when:

1) Trump is doing his best to get us into a war with N Korea and alienating as many of our allies as he possibly can?

2) 800,000 dreamers have been betrayed by Trump ending DACA?

3) The strongest Hurricane in a century has just decimated Houston, and another may well be headed toward Florida?

4) Climate change is ramping up all over the earth and we are quickly losing the window to prevent the more drastic impacts of global warming (see above)?

5) The repugs are back in session and hoping to push thru tax cuts for the uber wealthy at the expense of affordable housing thru HUD, food stamps, meals on wheels for the elderly, medicare/medicaid, programs to help Americans with disabilities, the EPA, NOAA, the NIH, the infrastructure, and many, many more.

6) Women across the country are losing control of their own reproductive rights.

7) The so-called president is doing his best to encourage white supremacists and attacks on minorities of every single possible kind.

8) The education of our young people is under attack - public schools are underfunded and being replaced by elitist charter schools that often only a few can afford. Tuition at public universities just keeps going through the roof and young college graduates are facing an ever accumulating mountain of debt.

9) THE MIDTERMS ARE APPROACHING!

I left out all sorts of other stuff, but I know the folks here can easily fill in all the rest of the blanks.

Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn about what Bernie said or what Hillary said. I refuse to expend any further energy on that particular dead end.

I'm hoping that if I take a couple of days off, we will back on message again. This divisive infighting is extremely discouraging, to say the least.

leftstreet (30,408 posts)
3. The Hillary/Bernie thing will pass

These things run their course for abt 3 days.

New shiny object appears

There should be another 3 day-er in a few weeks when her book comes out

It'll also pass

You got that right.

LakeArenal (1,569 posts)
17. Please don't be gone long....

...If everyone who is fed up with this trolling divisiveness leaves, then the trolls have accomplished their mission...

We need Mountain Mule's level head.. Keep pushing the midterms and calling out people for divisiveness.

don't let "them" push you out...

Said to a LPC noob.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: I'm taking a brief vacation from DU
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 06:03:30 PM »
Mountain Mule (414 posts)                    https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029563074

As of this writing, there are five threads on the DU home page - yes FIVE - once again refighting the primary. Both Hillary and Bernie did any number of things wrong and both did any number of things right. However, that's all in the PAST! Does everyone really want to keep on re-fighting ancient history and bashing Hillary/bashing Bernie when:

1) Trump is doing his best to get us into a war with N Korea and alienating as many of our allies as he possibly can?Who is touting he has nukes and is launching missile tests?  Which administration coddled fatboy and thought talk would solve the problem.  Not Trump

2) 800,000 dreamers have been betrayed by Trump ending DACA? obama betrayed them when he did an unconstitutional act of using an EO instead of having congress write a law.  But it made him and the dreamers feel good at the time so it's all good.  Trump is merely cleaning up the shit obama left on the floor and is portrayed as the villian

3) The strongest Hurricane in a century has just decimated Houston, and another may well be headed toward Florida? and that's Trump's fault how?

4) Climate change is ramping up all over the earth and we are quickly losing the window to prevent the more drastic impacts of global warming (see above)? When you alarmists provide true data (not phony doctored data)that global warming exists we will sit down and listen.

5) The repugs are back in session and hoping to push thru tax cuts for the uber wealthy at the expense of affordable housing thru HUD, food stamps, meals on wheels for the elderly, medicare/medicaid, programs to help Americans with disabilities, the EPA, NOAA, the NIH, the infrastructure, and many, many more. So we're back to giving tax cuts to the rich and pushing grandma off the cliff after we starve her.  Can't you get more original?

6) Women across the country are losing control of their own reproductive rights. cite one instance where this is true?  I'll wait

7) The so-called president is doing his best to encourage white supremacists and attacks on minorities of every single possible kind. Again, cite one instance where this is true?  I'll wait

8) The education of our young people is under attack - public schools are underfunded and being replaced by elitist charter schools that often only a few can afford. Tuition at public universities just keeps going through the roof and young college graduates are facing an ever accumulating mountain of debt. Public schools are maxed out with illegal alien children who don't speak English and are taxing the system.  Inner city youtes would rather ditch school and hang out with gangs than get an education.  How is that Trump's fault?

9) THE MIDTERMS ARE APPROACHING! Prepare for more losing and butthurt

I left out all sorts of other stuff, but I know the folks here can easily fill in all the rest of the blanks.

Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn about what Bernie said or what Hillary said. I refuse to expend any further energy on that particular dead end.

I'm hoping that if I take a couple of days off, we will back on message again. This divisive infighting is extremely discouraging, to say the least.

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:29:26 PM »
And, no one cares my dearest DUmmy. (CalPig imitation).
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:52:10 PM »

<blah blah blah

How about taking a permanent vacation from DU? You will feel much better.

5 cents please.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 09:13:18 PM »
Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn about what Bernie said or what Hillary said

Well, my dear, you'd better start giving a damn what they said and did real quick.
But what am I saying... you pitiful ingrates will NEVER own it.
Now excuse me, my uneducated, deplorable, rural white ass has better things to read

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:57:07 AM »
Mountain Mule <---Mole (414 posts)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 07:08:40 AM »

Great job DLR.  Saved me doing it.  Especially like your answers to 6 and 7.  There's absolutely no evidence on either of these.   Bonus points for using "Youtes" in # 8 :)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 07:58:48 AM »
Mountain man, take a trip to north Korea, grab a couple posters of kim while you are there . :loser: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!