Author Topic: Bronner Burgess, Son Of Host Rick Burgess (Rick and Bubba) Drowned  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
I don't know how many of you get the Rick and Bubba morning show, but if you listen to them you know they really become family.  They don't do the wacky morning show routine, they are just two guys talking about their life.  They openly talk about their faith and Christian beliefs.  They do alot of speaking engagements at many churches.  These are good'uns. 

Lets hope the family gets through this tough time.  I don't have children, but I can't imagine anything worse than finding a young child floating in a pool.

Bronner Burgess, Son Of Host Rick Burgess Drowned
34vote On January 19, 2008, Bronner (Cornbread) Burgess, the two-year-old son of Rick Burgess drowned, according to the Shelby County Sheriff's Department. Bronner Burgess loss is a tragedy that no one should suffer.

Shelby County deputies and North Shelby Fire and Emergency Medical personnel responded to a house in Indian Springs Village around 7:30 p.m. and discovered William Bronner Burgess had fallen into a pool.

Exhaustive medical efforts were unsuccessful to save Bronner Burgess' life and the child was pronounced dead at Children's Hospital in Birmingham, according to the sheriff's department.

Bronner Burgess was the son of the radio personality Rick Burgess, co-host of The Rick and Bubba Show (www.rickandbubba.com). Sadly, the Burgess junior had died , announced a message on the show's website. The cause of 2-year-old Bronner Burgess' death was not elaborated in the announcement:

We ask that you bathe Rick, Sherri, and the entire Burgess family in prayer as they deal with the loss of their youngest son, Bronner Burgess.
We all are grieving together in this terrible loss.

The Burgess's want to give all Honor and Glory to GOD for the many blessings He has given us, especially the life of Bronner Burgess. And while we do not understand, we know who is in charge and His will be done in life and in death.

At the current time, the arrangements and specifics are unknown. As more information becomes available, we will pass them along. To send your condolences to the family, please send those to prayers@rickandbubba.com.

May God bless Bronner Burgess and give patience to his parents and family members. This is very sad and our hearts are broken to hear and report this news.

About 300 children under the age of 5 drown each year in U.S. swimming pools. At the time of such incidents, most victims were being supervised by one or both parents. Nearly 70 percent of the children were not expected to be near the pool when they were found in the water, read the report from Mayo Clinic.
http://www.huliq.com/47714/bronner-burgess-son-host-rick-burgess-drowned
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Flame

Re: Bronner Burgess, Son Of Host Rick Burgess (Rick and Bubba) Drowned
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »
How heartbreaking for the family.  I can't even imagine.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »
How heartbreaking for the family.  I can't even imagine.

From the shows website: rickandbubba.com

We ask that you bathe Rick, Sherri, and the entire Burgess family in prayer as they deal with the loss of their youngest son, Bronner Burgess.

The Burgess's want to give all Honor and Glory to GOD for the many blessings He has given us, especially the life of Bronner Burgess. And while we do not understand, we know who is in charge and His will be done in life and in death.

They really are men of character.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »
That's horrible.   :bawl:

It's nice to be able to listen to people who can discuss their faith openly.  I know I'm not one of them. 

I don't listen to them much, but the Best-Of shows over the Christmas holiday was really uplifting (and funny).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline overlord

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 09:16:04 PM »
I don't know how many of you get the Rick and Bubba morning show, but if you listen to them you know they really become family.  They don't do the wacky morning show routine, they are just two guys talking about their life.  They openly talk about their faith and Christian beliefs.  They do alot of speaking engagements at many churches.  These are good'uns. 

Lets hope the family gets through this tough time.  I don't have children, but I can't imagine anything worse than finding a young child floating in a pool.

34vote On January 19, 2008, Bronner (Cornbread) Burgess, the two-year-old son of Rick Burgess drowned, according to the Shelby County Sheriff's Department. Bronner Burgess loss is a tragedy that no one should suffer.

Shelby County deputies and North Shelby Fire and Emergency Medical personnel responded to a house in Indian Springs Village around 7:30 p.m. and discovered William Bronner Burgess had fallen into a pool.

Exhaustive medical efforts were unsuccessful to save Bronner Burgess' life and the child was pronounced dead at Children's Hospital in Birmingham, according to the sheriff's department.

Bronner Burgess was the son of the radio personality Rick Burgess, co-host of The Rick and Bubba Show (www.rickandbubba.com). Sadly, the Burgess junior had died , announced a message on the show's website. The cause of 2-year-old Bronner Burgess' death was not elaborated in the announcement:

At the current time, the arrangements and specifics are unknown. As more information becomes available, we will pass them along. To send your condolences to the family, please send those to prayers@rickandbubba.com.

May God bless Bronner Burgess and give patience to his parents and family members. This is very sad and our hearts are broken to hear and report this news.

About 300 children under the age of 5 drown each year in U.S. swimming pools. At the time of such incidents, most victims were being supervised by one or both parents. Nearly 70 percent of the children were not expected to be near the pool when they were found in the water, read the report from Mayo Clinic.

Damn, I love Rick and Bubba.  I haven't caught their show since I left AL, but I used to wake up to them every A.M.  Wasn't Bronner the one he referred to as "Little Taz"?
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline seemomgonuts

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 09:54:08 PM »
Praying for them. I can't even imagine their grief.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:35 AM »

Damn, I love Rick and Bubba.  I haven't caught their show since I left AL, but I used to wake up to them every A.M.  Wasn't Bronner the one he referred to as "Little Taz"?

"Little Taz" is the next youngest.  Bronner was "Cornbread".

You can listen to them online at rickandbubba.com.  CLick the listen live icon at the top of the page.  This puts you through to the flagshipstation in AL.