Author Topic: CNN Silent After Host 'Incited Rage' at Antifa Rally in Berkeley  (Read 4119 times)

Offline SVPete

CNN Silent After Host 'Incited Rage' at Antifa Rally in Berkeley
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »
BY DEBRA HEINE AUGUST 31, 2017
A CNN host spoke to a cheering Antifa crowd at the violent “No Hate in the Bay” rally in Berkeley, California, over the weekend, and now CNN is dodging questions about it.

W. Kamau Bell, who fronts a show on CNN called the “United Shades of America,” grabbed a bullhorn at the rally and bellowed that "when the Nazis leave, as they have left…you have to stand up for the brown people, the black people, the LGBT people, the immigrants–everybody everyday!” The mob roared in approval.

I'm at a (temporary) loss for words. This is NOT news reporting, it's "news" INCITING!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: CNN Silent After Host 'Incited Rage' at Antifa Rally in Berkeley
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:56:37 AM »
They shouldn't be 'dodging questions about him'; they should be firing his ass out of a trebuchet into SF Bay.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »
I stopped watching the local Fox affiliate news in So Cal several years ago when one of their reporters was covering a pro-immigrant rally.  The Fox reporter was an older hispanic man who I had watched for years and didn't have any opinion about him.

During the a verbal clash began between pro and anti immigrant protestors.  The Fox news reporter began to argue for the side of the pro-immigrants and at one point said the the anti immigrant protesters,

"Look, we were here long before you were here and we are the ones who belong here, not you".

I stopped watching that news cast that night and have not seen it since.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 03:59:46 PM »
CNN is likely just waiting and gauging initial opinions and reactions. Eventually they will come out defiant and swinging.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 07:39:21 AM »
The MSM's history of making news - as stagers, inciters, and advocates - goes back for decades, to at least the Vietnam War era. And pretty much entirely promoting Lib/Prog ideas and causes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
The MSM's history of making news - as stagers, inciters, and advocates - goes back for decades, to at least the Vietnam War era. And pretty much entirely promoting Lib/Prog ideas and causes.

I would even venture to say it goes back to the Spanish/American War. When the U.S.S. Maine exploded the media whipped the public into such a frenzy McKinley was pressured into declaring war without any evidence of the Spanish having anything to do with the destruction of the ship.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 08:38:15 AM »
Actually, anti-Spanish sentiment long preceded the sinking of the Maine, because of Spanish brutality in trying to suppress a rebellion. That was what had the Maine in Havanna harbor. Coverage by Hearst's and Pulitzer's newspapers stirred up Americans' outrage, but the brutalities were real, and Cuba was/is a little over a hundred mile off the Florida coast. At most, the sinking of the Maine was the last straw that made up a 2000-pound load.

The most likely cause of the sinking of the Maine was a magazine explosion due to a spontaneously combusted fire in a coal bunker adjacent to a magazine. One of the problems with coal as a fuel for ships generally was bunker fires. The Maine was designed before this became well known, and coal bunkers were used to shield magazines from enemy shells. While the Maine was considered a second class battleship. she was much out-classed by the contemporary Indiana and Iowa class pre-dreadnought battleships. The Indianas and Iowa seem to have had a better layout, as all four survived to be scrapped, except for the Oregon, which became a museum, briefly, and was eventually scrapped.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:38:01 AM »
I would even venture to say it goes back to the Spanish/American War. When the U.S.S. Maine exploded the media whipped the public into such a frenzy McKinley was pressured into declaring war without any evidence of the Spanish having anything to do with the destruction of the ship.
Yep. Never forget William Randolph Hearst's famous quote, "You provide the pictures, and I'll provide the war."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 06:46:42 AM »
They aren't the only ones saying this, but from W'pedia (with their sources):

Perhaps the best known myth in American journalism is the claim, without any contemporary evidence, that famed illustrator Frederic Remington, sent by Hearst to Cuba to cover the Cuban War of Independence,[24] telegrammed Hearst to tell him all was quiet in Cuba. Supposedly Hearst responded, "Please remain. You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war."[26][27]
26. ^ Campbell, W. Joseph (2003). Yellow Journalism: Puncturing the Myths, Defining the Legacies. p. 72.

27. ^ Campbell, W. Joseph (December 2001). "You Furnish the Legend, I'll Furnish the Quote". American Journalism Review.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 09:36:02 PM »
They shouldn't be 'dodging questions about him'; they should be firing his ass out of a trebuchet into SF Bay.

LMAO! Hi5 earned!

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »
BY DEBRA HEINE AUGUST 31, 2017
I'm at a (temporary) loss for words. This is NOT news reporting, it's "news" INCITING!

@SVPete

If there is a mainstream media outlet today that actually reports the news these days regardless of whose dog gets a newspaper across the snout,I am unaware of it.

All I have seen for several years now is publicizing the leftist agenda,and no reporting the actual news at all.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »
@SVPete

If there is a mainstream media outlet today that actually reports the news these days regardless of whose dog gets a newspaper across the snout,I am unaware of it.

All I have seen for several years now is publicizing the leftist agenda,and no reporting the actual news at all.

I saw it first hand fifty years ago in Nam. I haven't trusted them ever since.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”