Author Topic: Here's my assumption for today (Malaise)  (Read 3626 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Here's my assumption for today (Malaise)
« on: August 21, 2017, 11:08:38 AM »
malaise (160,725 posts)                 https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029496164

Here's my assumption for today
Only the nicest people are on the roads heading to viewing spots. The deplorables hate science

That is because most of us deplorables have jobs and are at work  :whistling:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: Here's my assumption for today (Malaise)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
I'm actually taking a couple of hours for lunch, going to the LOCAL pub for an eclipse watching beer.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 11:34:59 AM »
Yea, I got nothing better to do than to fight traffic and drive 8 hours North to watch it get dark for a short period of time in the middle of the day.

Christine always finds a way to be more stupid.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
mal misspelled ASSumption.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
I'm actually taking a couple of hours for lunch, going to the LOCAL pub for an eclipse watching beer.

If you hold a dark brown beer bottle in front of a bar light you can practically recreate it.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »

Here's my assumption for the day:  Dummies will say really stupid and childish things about the eclipse.  Looks like I win.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 11:46:05 AM »
If you hold a dark brown beer bottle in front of a bar light you can practically recreate it.

That's so true.  And for Mal's genius ASSumption, I have many VERY DEPLORABLE friends that have headed or are heading to SC to view the eclipse.
Hope you can meet some of them, Mal, they'll LOVE you.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »
All you dummies stare at it for a while and let me know how it looks :-) :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 01:20:44 PM »
All you dummies stare at it for a while and let me know how it looks :-) :-) :-)

Don't laugh too hard at that.  I talked to a woman at work today, who wears fairly thick glasses, and we were talking about the impending eclipse.  She told me that she had ignored warnings as a kid way back in 1979, stared at it, and has permanent damage to her retinas as a result, hence the glasses.  I've left instructions at my in-laws in NC to not let my daughter look directly at the thing--let cameras designed to record these things do the work.  They said that they would comply; they're not stupid, after all. :o Besides, there'll be another eclipse in 2024, and we'll be in near-total darkness then. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 03:22:19 PM »
She told me that she had ignored warnings as a kid way back in 1979, stared at it, and has permanent damage to her retinas as a result, hence the glasses. 

I too looked at the eclipse in 1979 and it left scars on both retinas that are still there. However I didn't need glasses until  my early 40's.

However, the human body is a wonderful thing. I couldn't read small print for several months because of the permanent "sunspots" that were right where I focused to see anything.  Eventually my eyes corrected themselves or I changed my focal point.

I can still see the sunspots when I look at a light colored, solid wall or piece of paper, but there are just to the side of where I focus.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »
The deplorables hate science

you mean the science that states if you are born with a penis you are a man and if you are born with a vagina you are a woman? 

That science?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 03:49:49 PM »
you mean the science that states if you are born with a penis you are a man and if you are born with a vagina you are a woman? 

That science?

That's not science, it is a right wing talking point, you know, like a dog whistle to mock homo's
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 08:47:16 PM »
That is because most of us deplorables have jobs and are at work  :whistling:
Indeed.
I was at a substitute teaching job from 8:30- 4:00 today.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 07:25:23 AM »
I take it that university professor mal is ignorant of the fact that most/all of the men who figured out that our solar system is Heliocentric, whose research and observations charted and forecast the appearances of comets and solar eclipses believed the universe was created by God or gods, many of them Christians. Likewise many of the physicists whose work laid the foundations for creating the computer on which she typed and posted her ignorant bigoted drivel.

Further, Copernicus, like others before him, created his models based on centuries of observations. His models worked both to "predict" past planetary movements and predict future movements. Warmistas' many models are based on a few years of data, and neither work backward to accurately "predict" what we know happened, and have similarly failed totally to predict the future (those models that were created in the 1990s). The old satiric poem is utterly true of Warmistas and other scientism true-believers:

You are a fluke of the universe.
You have no right to be here.
And whether you can hear it or not,
The universe is laughing behind your back.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
Idiots that went all gaga over the eclipse like it was some kind of supernatural magic were more likely to be leftists.

Anyone care to make a bet on the political orientation of the double rainbow guy?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI[/youtube]

I can just imagine stupid Christine staring up at the eclipse with her mouth hanging open and asking what does it mean.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 08:52:50 PM »
I'll wait until a cloudy day. Then I'll see a complete eclipse of the sun by Earth-based water vapors. Bonus, I won't ruin my eyesight!
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle