Author Topic: Outraged Mom Says TSA Treated Family "Like Dogs" at DFW Airport  (Read 2961 times)

Offline farmer

Offline SVPete

Re: Outraged Mom Says TSA Treated Family "Like Dogs" at DFW Airport
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 08:52:51 AM »
“We were treated with utter disrespect as if we were criminals,” Williamson said in an interview

Umm, no:

Williamson said the whole thing started when agents found a laptop in his book bag as it went through the scanning machine. ...

Actions have consequences, even careless ones. There are ample signs in the lines going into security check areas tell people what to do, what goes where, etc.. Both the son and the mother - who would have known her son had his laptop - failed to read or failed to follow those instructions. That failure created a situation in which the TSA people could not know whether the mishandling of the laptop was carelessness or something worse. It also created a situation where the TSA people could not know whether the Mother's statement that her son had a "sensory processing disorder" was a real issue or manipulation to get them to do a cursory search.

She said her family spent about an hour at the checkpoint and missed their flight.

So, the family entered the security check area less than an hour before their flight left the gate? Getting to the airport less than an hour before a flight would have been risky in the 1970s, before all the security measures came into being! Getting to the airport 2 hours before flights has been common advice for longer than her 13YO son has been alive. Missing their flight is the Mother's fault, not TSA people.

FWIW: yes, I do arrive at airports 2 or more hours before flights; yes, I do carefully read instructions at the security check areas and follow them carefully; yes, I have had occasional security pat-downs. So I do have the experience with what I mentioned above and follow the precautions I suggest are common sense.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline farmer

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:37:53 AM »
Americans are whistling down to the concentration camps.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »
Umm, no:

I'm with you on this one Pete.  Seems our friend the Farmer is wound a little tight.

Offline farmer

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 10:26:49 AM »
Americans are so fearful, brainwashed, dependent, or ignorant that they think like children and justify every law and overlook every abuse carried out by the government.

They believe government workers are gods who can do no wrong.

Americans are so fat and drugged up that they eagerly allow themselves to be molested to ride a bus, offer their fingerprints to get a driver license, and open their bags to be searched so they can ride a subway.

If Americans are asked about the US debt, they respond that it doesn't matter because it is not real money and doesn't need to be paid back. Americans think endless wars are fine because US bombs are just gathering dust. Americans support government secrecy because the USA has enemies. Americans think taxes create more jobs than the free market can. Americans think government workers deserve high wages because they work hard. Americans think the economy should be destroyed to save the environment. Americans think everyone accused of crimes are guilty. Americans say people should be in prison to keep the unemployment rate down. Americans would rather increase punishments for victimless nanny state laws instead of repealing them. Americans think the desires of neighbors are more important than the rights of property owners. Americans believe the government owns everything because the government is the people. When asked about gun control, Americans say it's needed for safety. If asked about free speech, Americans respond that no one should be offended. Americans say asset forfeiture is fine because the police have been doing it for years. Americans defend NSA wiretapping because it's just metadata. Americans say TSA groping is good since they have nothing to hide. Americans say torture is okay because other countries do it. Americans even say the Bill of Rights should be abolished because George Washington owned slaves!

Anyone who still supports the government is just a tool for the elites.

The collapse of the USA is disgusting and shameful.

The US deserves everything coming to it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »
I'm with you on this one Pete.  Seems our friend the Farmer is wound a little tight.

I checked out the article - which was partly a tease for a TV station's evening news broadcast - prepared for the possibility that the TSA types had indeed abused their authority. But, based simply on the woman's words and a bit of common sense, it was obvious to me that the problems in the situation were simple: not following simple instructions (that have been in place for over a year that I know of); arriving at DFW unrealistically late (which no doubt worked something other than wonders for her mood and manner).

% % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % %

farmer, just go peddle your hysteria on some conspiracy theory site.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline farmer

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »
Every country has the government it deserves.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:36:41 AM »
I don't see anything unusual in this story.

My feeling about the TSA is that it is just a bloated government bureaucracy and should be transferred to a private company.

In the United States, airports have the right to opt out of TSA-administered screening through the Screening Partnership Program, which swaps out TSA screeners in favor of private contractors with TSA oversight. SPP has been found to result in screening that is more efficient, more customer friendly, less costly, and more secure.  

http://dailysignal.com/2015/06/02/tsa-failures-point-to-need-for-private-airport-security/

In Philadelphia the screeners act like democrats, which they are, arrogant and rude.

About five years ago I traveled to Las Vegas and was amazed how professional the screeners at Las Vegas were.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline farmer

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 12:07:49 PM »
farmer, you've gotten in your :jerkit: self-congratulating here on CC. Please, find another site that needs your enlightenment or who will give you any back-patting you might crave.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
farmer, you've gotten in your :jerkit: self-congratulating here on CC. Please, find another site that needs your enlightenment or who will give you any back-patting you might crave.

This guy makes Dangler look sane.

Offline farmer

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 01:33:38 PM »
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

:rotf:  :lmao: And you're doing your part by playing with matches! :rotf:  :lmao:

Offline farmer

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »
The answer to tyranny is surrender?