Author Topic: Missouri Lawmaker who wanted Trump dead faces backlash  (Read 1843 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Missouri Lawmaker who wanted Trump dead faces backlash
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »
Missouri governor calls for expulsion of Dem senator who urged Trump assassination

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens joined calls Friday for state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal to be expelled from the legislature after saying she hopes President Trump is assassinated.

The Republican governor put out a string of tweets noting that lawmakers have called on the Democratic lawmaker to resign and urged the Senate to kick her out if she refuses.

Senator Chappelle-Nadal said she hopes the President is killed. Republicans and Democrats have called on her to resign,” he wrote. “… Last night, in an interview, she refused to apologize—twice. If she will not resign, the Senate can vote to remove her. I believe they should.”

Her response: "Hell no." Last night, in an interview, she refused to apologize—twice.
    — Eric Greitens (@EricGreitens) August 18, 2017

If she will not resign, the Senate can vote to remove her. I believe they should.
    — Eric Greitens (@EricGreitens) August 18, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/18/missouri-governor-calls-for-expulsion-dem-senator-who-urged-trump-assassination.html

Offline HAPPY2BME

Re: Missouri Lawmaker who wanted Trump dead faces backlash
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 08:22:37 PM »
Missouri Democratic state senator apologizes for hoping Trump is assassinated

Amid calls for her resignation, a Democratic state senator in Missouri on Sunday said she made a mistake for posting on Facebook Thursday that she hopes President Donald Trump is assassinated.

State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal —  who has said she isn’t resigning over the post —  apologized at a press conference streamed live on the Facebook page of the Clayton Times, a St. Louis County newspaper.

“President Trump, I apologize to you and your family,” Chappelle-Nadal said at the Wellspring Church in Ferguson, Missouri. “I also apologize to all the people in Missouri. And I also apologize to my colleagues in the Missouri legislature for the mistake that I made.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/20/missouri-democratic-state-senator-apologizes-for-hoping-trump-is-assassinated.html

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 05:36:43 AM »
Missouri Democratic state senator apologizes for hoping Trump is assassinated

Amid calls for her resignation, a Democratic state senator in Missouri on Sunday said she made a mistake for posting on Facebook Thursday that she hopes President Donald Trump is assassinated.

State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal —  who has said she isn’t resigning over the post —  apologized at a press conference streamed live on the Facebook page of the Clayton Times, a St. Louis County newspaper.

“President Trump, I apologize to you and your family,” Chappelle-Nadal said at the Wellspring Church in Ferguson, Missouri. “I also apologize to all the people in Missouri. And I also apologize to my colleagues in the Missouri legislature for the mistake that I made.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/20/missouri-democratic-state-senator-apologizes-for-hoping-trump-is-assassinated.html

When you're a lefty, and you lose Claire McCaskill, you're out there.  The erstwhile MO senator was probably told that she'd be primaried if she didn't do this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 04:45:52 PM »
Left threatens Right – so what? … Vice versa – riots!

Even Democrats -- including United States Senator Claire McCaskill and the chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party, Stephen Webber – have called for her resignation. Not backing down, Chappelle-Nadal told St. Louis radio station KMOX that she will not quit.

Stacy Washington – who is a member of the National Advisory Council of the Project 21 black leadership network – insists that violent-tongued Democrat must be held accountable for her words.

"She's been very incendiary,” Washington asserted. “She makes bombastic statements on the regular.”

The conservative leader – who is also the host of the program, Stacy in the Right, broadcasted on American Family Radio’s Urban Family Talk network – argued that if such a remark was made during the last administration, there would have been severe consequences.
Washington

“But this one is beyond the pale because you and I know that if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was a Republican legislator that made a statement like that about then-president Obama, there would be cities on fire,” Washington contended. “People would have to lose their jobs.”

https://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2017/08/21/left-threatens-right-so-what-vice-versa-riots

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 05:22:41 PM »
When you're a lefty, and you lose Claire McCaskill, you're out there.  The erstwhile MO senator was probably told that she'd be primaried if she didn't do this.

She'll be back. She has a very little more mouth control than Mad Maxine.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 04:58:18 AM »
By Alex Pappas
Published August 23, 2017

Allies use Trump assassination wish scandal to fundraise for Missouri Dem

Allies of the state senator in Missouri fighting to keep her seat after saying she hopes President Trump is assassinated set up a website and encouraged people to donate money to the embattled Democrat.

But after Fox News asked questions about the request for donations, the fundraising link disappeared from the site.

"An enthusiastic supporter started a website - www.istandwithmaria.com - to collect signatures in support of me staying in the Missouri Senate,” Chappelle-Nadal said. “They added a link to my Senate ActBlue, which is public. The page is a nice gesture and show of support."

The website includes a petition of supporters who don’t think she should resign. The site attempts to rationalize her comments.

“We know that there is a huge difference between saying that someone hopes Donald Trump is assassinated and someone calling for his assassination,” the site says.

Meanwhile, Chapelle-Nadal has been stripped of committee assignments and Missouri's Republican governor and lieutenant governor have said they will move to expel her from office if she doesn’t resign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/23/allies-use-trump-assassination-wish-scandal-to-fundraise-for-missouri-dem.html