Author Topic: Steve Bannon: 'I'm leaving the White House and going to war' for Trump  (Read 1905 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
By Alex Pappas
Published August 18, 2017
Fox News

Steve Bannon is on his way out at the White House – but the fiery, anti-establishment conservative who helped Donald Trump win the presidency says he getting ready to wage his populist campaign from the outside.

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” Bannon told Bloomberg on Friday.

The outgoing White House chief strategist spent just over a year formally working for the president. On Friday, his job with Trump came to an end.

Breitbart announced Friday that Bannon returned as executive chairman of the populist news site he once ran that rails against the political establishment in both parties. He chaired its evening editorial meeting Friday, the site said.

“The populist-nationalist movement got a lot stronger today,” said Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow. “Breitbart gained an executive chairman with his finger on the pulse of the Trump agenda.”

A source close to Bannon told Fox News there is “no way” the outgoing adviser will go to war against Trump himself. He will “100 percent have POTUS’ back,” the person said.

Another source close to Bannon, reached Friday, suggested Breitbart is gearing up for a fight now that its leader is no longer restrained by his job in the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/18/steve-bannon-im-leaving-white-house-and-going-to-war.html

Offline HAPPY2BME

Re: Steve Bannon: 'I'm leaving the White House and going to war' for Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 11:09:10 PM »
HuffPo Sparks Backlash With Bizarre ‘Goy’ Headline For Bannon

Yeah, but they didn’t mean anything by it. These are the same people that push racism and discrimination for a hangnail but this is what they put up?

Via Daily Caller:

Liberal website HuffPost sparked backlash on Friday after plastering their front page with the Jewish word “goy” in reference to newly fired White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.

“Goy” is a Jewish word used to refer to non-Jews. Several White House aides including Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump (who are also the president’s son-in-law and daughter, respectively), National Economic Council director Gary Cohn and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin are Jewish. Bannon is not Jewish.

HuffPost editor in chief Lydia Green claimed the banner “was intended to be a mashup tribute to Yiddish and Beyoncé.” He added: “Any other interpretation was completely unintended.”

New York Post editor Seth Mandel, who is Jewish, interpreted the banner as: “HuffPo decides to reinforce the conspiracy theory that the Joos are running things and are picking off their enemies one by one.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/18/huffpo-sparks-backlash-with-bizarre-goy-headline-for-bannon/

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I want to thank Steve Bannon for his service. He came to the campaign during my run against Crooked Hillary Clinton - it was great! Thanks S
4:33 AM - 19 Aug 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898870621584596993

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 10:29:41 AM »
Trump thanks Bannon for helping defeat 'Crooked Hillary' in farewell to rocky 12-months

President Trump on Saturday thanked chief strategist Steve Bannon, who left the White House on Friday after a rocky 12-month relationship in which Bannon helped get Trump elected but appeared to clash with the president and other top administration officials.

“I want to thank Steve Bannon for his service,” Trump tweeted Saturday morning. “He came to the campaign during my run against Crooked Hillary Clinton -- it was great! Thanks S.”

To be sure, Bannon’s campaign message of economic nationalism, which promised more U.S. jobs and better international trade deals, helped Trump in the final months of his campaign defeat Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in a come-from-behind victory.

However, Bannon apparently clashed with other administration officials and advisers -- including Trump daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner -- who purportedly pushed for a more global agenda.

Bannon is a former executive at Breitbart.com, a news organization that some critics have argued is a platform for white nationalists.

I want to thank Steve Bannon for his service. He came to the campaign during my run against Crooked Hillary Clinton - it was great! Thanks S
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 19, 2017

And calls for his departure appeared to increase after Trump said “both sides” were to blame for the violent clashes at a rally last weekend in Charlottesville, Va., that was organized by white supremacists and in which a counterprotester was killed.   

Trump, who last week also condemned white supremacism and neo Nazism, said Bannon was not a “racism,” and that he didn’t help him craft his responses to the deadly Charlottesville protests.

Bannon has already returned to Breitbart vowing to help Trump from the outside, reportedly saying: “Now I'm free. I've got my hands back on my weapons.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/19/trump-thanks-bannon-for-helping-defeat-crooked-hillary-in-farewell-to-rocky-12-months.html

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »
Steve Bannon Has Meeting With Billionaire Mercer Family As He Prepares For WAR

After his departure from the White House, former Chief Strategist to the president Steve Bannon is reportedly preparing for “war for Trump against his opponents — on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” and is starting by meeting with the billionaire Mercer family.

Axios reported Bannon’s next move “will be all about the billionaire Mercer family.”

The outlet reported that Bannon visited New York this week for a meeting with Bob Mercer as he “prepares for war.” This is the fire and brimstone that we need in order to defeat the mainstream media. I don’t care what anyone thinks about Bannon, he is a dog of war and extremely calculated in his doings. I truly think he can be a greater force for mayhem outside the White House than within, as his track record has indicated.

Friends of Bannon said that he “felt liberated since it became clear he was being pushed out.” Breitbart has announced he will be returning as an executive at the populist website, to operate what he reportedly calls a “killing machine.”

Axios also reported: https://www.axios.com/bannons-next-move-2474479917.html

A source familiar with Breitbart’s operations told me they would go “thermonuclear” against “globalists” that Bannon and his friends believe are ruining the Trump administration, and by extension, America.

http://rightwingnews.com/top-news/breaking-steve-bannon-meeting-billionaire-mercer-family-prepares-war/

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
Republicans contemplate a White House without Steve Bannon

Another source close to the White House said Bannon's departure means the "very liberal wing" of Trump advisers "is on the ascent and has a pretty big footprint between [Gary] Cohn, Dina Powell, Hope Hicks, Jared [Kushner], and Ivanka."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republicans-contemplate-a-white-house-without-steve-bannon/article/2632031

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 02:02:27 PM »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Steve Bannon will be a tough and smart new voice at @BreitbartNews...maybe even better than ever before. Fake News needs the competition!
10:47 AM - 19 Aug 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898964640817983488

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »
by Naomi Lim | Aug 17, 2017

Trump says 'that f--king Steve Bannon taking credit for my election': Report

President Trump is becoming increasingly frustrated with the attention Steve Bannon is receiving for Trump's 2016 presidential campaign win, according to a report.

"That ****ing Steve Bannon taking credit for my election," Trump told a confidant, per BuzzFeed News.

Trump's remarks refer to Joshua Green's new book "Devil's Bargain," which details how Bannon helped create the populist movement that catapulted Trump into the White House.

The quote comes amid growing speculation that Bannon's tenure as White House chief strategist is coming to an end, with Bannon blamed by some for Trump's tepid response to the Charlottesville violence. He also publicly contradicted the president's bellicose position on North Korea in an interview with the American Prospect published Wednesday.

Trump has voiced similar complaints on social media, mocking the "geniuses" behind his electoral victory.

"I love reading about all of the 'geniuses' who were so instrumental in my election success. Problem is, most don't exist. #Fake News! MAGA..." Trump tweeted in July.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-says-that-f-king-steve-bannon-taking-credit-for-my-election-report/article/2631914

================

Trump on 'geniuses' who were instrumental in election success: They 'don't exist'

It is unclear who Trump is referring to with the term "geniuses," but multiple journalists and politicos speculated that he may be referring to Joshua Green's new book about Steve Bannon, Devil's Bargain: Steve Bannon, Donald Trump, and the Storming of the Presidency. In it, Green describes Bannon, who went from being Breitbart News CEO to chief executive of Trump's campaign to White House chief strategist, as being a chief organizer of Trump's populist success.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-on-geniuses-who-were-instrumental-in-election-success-they-dont-exist/article/2630117