Author Topic: blueberry or strawberry cheesecake muffins.  (Read 1659 times)

Offline debk

blueberry or strawberry cheesecake muffins.
« on: September 07, 2008, 02:07:34 PM »
I made these this morning.

I wish I could tell you some miraculous recipe but actually they are a Martha Washington mix.

They come in blueberry, strawberry or raspberry cheesecake flavors.

I just add fresh fruit to them. One packet makes 6 regular size muffins. I always have fresh blueberries and strawberries in the fridge. The blueberries just dump in, the strawberries I cut into small chunks and let sit on a few paper towels while I mix up the blueberry batter. Strawberries have a lot of liquid and some needs to be removed.

All that's added to the packet is 1/2 c of milk.

Carefully stir them up with a spatula...more folding than actually stirring. Otherwise the batter will turn blue, or pink and soupy.

Bake for 15-17 minutes in a 425 oven. The strawberry ones will burn easily.

Martha White also makes a cranberry orange ( I added some dried cranberries to this batter....yuk...they turned into little globs of sugar), lemon poppy seed, apple cinnamon (I finely chopped a granny smith and added some more cinnamon to these),    banana something ( I'm allergic to bananas, Michael has to get bananas some other way) there may be other flavors.

Martha White also has some good cornbread packets, too.

I usually get them on sale for 89cents a pack. They really are better than the more expensive ones, but I'm sure the fresh fruit makes a difference.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Flame

Re: blueberry or strawberry cheesecake muffins.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »
I use the Jiffy quick muffins sometimes, too (or, should I say, the kids do)...never thought to add real fruit to it, though!

I have some pumpkin bread in the the oven right now....drooling over the smell!