Author Topic: Message to lurking DUmmies: Daniel Greenfield has something for you ponder  (Read 2087 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/267556/left-must-accept-responsibility-weimar-america-daniel-greenfield

THE LEFT MUST ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR "WEIMAR AMERICA"
August 13, 2017  Daniel Greenfield   
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to watch Communists and Nazis punching each other in major American cities.

Weimar America doesn't have to happen. But it's the left that is compulsively feeding it and tearing our country apart.

1. When you "no platform" moderates, you get extremists. When you shut down any conservative speakers, you end up with only those who can handle riots, bomb threats and public hate.

2. When you physically assault pro-Trump rallies, you end up with rallies built around street violence. 

3. When you accuse everyone to the right of you of racism, you eliminate the basic safeguards against racism. If everyone is a racist. Then no one is a racist.

4. When you ruthlessly go after anyone you disagree with, e.g. Google firing Damore, then you turn any expression of dissenting views into violence

These processes silence anyone who is polite and civil, and they create a Darwinian political environment in which only those who are willing to use violence or are ready for confrontation can function.

Some of those people will be good. Others will be fascist thugs.

There are two key elements here

A. Decent behavior cannot be one-sided. Expecting Republicans to be on their best behavior while the left unleashes street thugs, stages riots and arson, destroys people's lives, takes away their jobs... is unrealistic. Doing all this behind a facade of fake nobility doesn't fool anyone. A civilized society is a two-way street. The rules that one side sets, will be matched by the other. Whether that's with executive orders and the fillibuster, or street violence. Those are the natural mechanisms of human nature.

B. When civilized behavior, politeness, listening, compromise, cooperation is not only not rewarded, but is punished, uncivilized behavior will start becoming the norm.

Weimar America can be stopped. But glamorizing leftist street violence and then demanding that Republicans condemn Nazi thugs is the embodiment of it. The Alt Right shouldn't be part of the right. Neo-Nazis should not have any place here. But the same goes for the Alt-Left and Communists. Both feed off each other. And both are each other's best friends. When you sustain one, you sustain the other.

The left has to decide what kind of society it wants to live in right now, and what means it wants to use right now. I don't expect public honesty on the subject. But it will have to decide whether it wants to maintain the vestiges of a civilized society or not. That decision will be shown in its behavior, its support of extremist groups, its commitment to free speech, etc... And those "market signals" will have equal and opposite reactions. That's not an ideological position. It's life.

Civilized societies are hard to build and easy to destroy.

If the left really wants to marginalize Neo-Nazi street violence, the best way is by ending support for its Antifa thugs. And vice versa. Nazism and Communism fed off each other in Germany. The arrangement eventually led to a Nazi-Communist pact, WW2 and the destruction of Europe.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to watch Communists and Nazis punching each other in major American cities.

Offline ADsOutburst

Good article, but when you address DUmmies, you might as well be arguing with an empty beer can.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Good article, but when you address DUmmies, you might as well be arguing with an empty beer can.

yes, I know... appealing to common sense won't get you very far with the left. but such messages can have an impact on those who rely completely on media and aren't sure wth is going on. it may actually force someone to actually think for a minute. i thought it was a pretty good associative article and well on point... looking past the grammatical errors. must have typed that up when he was pissed and pressed the publish button before he cooled down

Offline Old n Grumpy

The problem with the left is their mouths are open and their ears and minds are closed. They can't be confused with facts or the truth and like a vampire they can't see themselves in a mirror. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
The problem with the left is their mouths are open and their ears and minds are closed. They can't be confused with facts or the truth and like a vampire they can't see themselves in a mirror. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

It's not because they don't have a reflection like a vampire, but more because mirrors tend to spontaneously crack in their presence...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline I_B_Perky

It's not because they don't have a reflection like a vampire, but more because mirrors tend to spontaneously crack in their presence...

Crack? You understate, DD.   Shatter into a million itty bitty pieces is more like it.   :cheersmate:   
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Crack? You understate, DD.   Shatter into a million itty bitty pieces is more like it.   :cheersmate:

Damn near liquefy. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.