Author Topic: Let's just go ahead and rid ourselves of all racist symbols and institutions  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Delmar

Sun Aug 13, 2017, 07:17 PM
Star Member stopbush (18,367 posts)

As long as we're getting rid of Confederate monuments, why not the Confederate flag, too?

Flying or displaying the swastika is illegal in Germany.

Why do we still allow the flag of the TRAITORS to the Union to be flown, carried, displayed on government property, worn on clothing?

Free speech? Of course, there are limits, limits we all abide by every day. No one is going to defend your yelling "fire" in a movie theater, so why defend the display of a sign of hatred, slavery and bigotry?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029456462

If the swastika is illegal in Germany, then it only seems right that the democrat party ought to be banned here in the United States.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Old n Grumpy

Amen!! it is time to ban progressives, and hate mongering places like DU :rant: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

The Taliban is closer than you think. God help us.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Let's remember which side has most of the firearms . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ADsOutburst

No one is going to defend your yelling "fire" in a movie theater, so why defend the display of a sign of hatred, slavery and bigotry?
They're really, really fond of this analogy. It's almost as if they actually think it's apt.

Offline thundley4

It's time to tear down all the statues and all the things named for Martin Luther King jr. It's time to move on from that hateful period of racial unrest.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
CSA monuments are not their issue, that's just their temporary target to try and gain some momentum. They succeed there then it's on to any reference to any of the founding fathers who owned slaves, or even those who did not successfully oppose the USA being instituted when all "injustices" had not been fully addressed and resolved. And it would keep rolling from there.

But their revolution isn't going to happen, at least not the way they think it will.

When Dear Leader gave them the promise of "hope and change", what he (and they) wanted is the complete dismantling of the US Constitution by either disregarding or redefining it in the image they would desire. They continue to disbelieve there are people onto them and are willing to stop them.

As for the incident in VA, I say let the white nationalists and antifa slug it out and kill each other. Like most citizens, we see right thru this "let's try to pin this on Trump" nonsense. The primitives are too blind to realize this and will continue to flap their arms while dancing around their campfires. Let them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Sun Aug 13, 2017, 07:17 PM
Star Member stopbush (18,367 posts)

As long as we're getting rid of Confederate monuments, why not the Confederate flag, too?

Flying or displaying the swastika is illegal in Germany.

Why do we still allow the flag of the TRAITORS to the Union to be flown, carried, displayed on government property, worn on clothing?

Free speech? Of course, there are limits, limits we all abide by every day. No one is going to defend your yelling "fire" in a movie theater, so why defend the display of a sign of hatred, slavery and bigotry?
Great idea, let's start in West Virginia with all the things named after former KKK Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Charlespg

• Just Off Probation
  • Somewhere thats nowhere
Confederate history is American history
 That Nazi guy should have killed more of these culture Marxists .. a plague on both their houses