Author Topic: dealing w/ a deplorable, threatening to "cut off its head" re: injured cat.  (Read 4033 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member peacebuzzard (2,502 posts)

dealing w/ a deplorable, threatening to "cut off its head" re: injured cat.

Quick background: This deplorable lives close by, and has perhaps a 3rd grade education. He comes around often asking for yard work, he picks up cans, drinks beer on the job. I had a minor emergency of a wasp nest and called him to help.

He came, told me how his wife, " ran over the cat, then backed up and ran over him again". I tried to assess the situation, but when he gave his ax cutting solution, it stood my hair on end. Immediately I went there and got involved with everyone at the house. End result, cat is now at the vet clinic, has spent all week there and today he is being released to me. Of course I am paying the bill.

I can't believe the cat survived, primary diagnosis is a broken leg. I will know more in a few hours. Meanwhile I have to dust off and unpack one of my former big dog's cage. Sounds like he needs to be confined for 6 weeks.

My 15 yr old rescue cat will now have company when I travel.

This deplorable household has 2 more outside cats. I know this is an illegal situation, even for the deep red state I live in. The majority of the old neighborhood is more or less on this level. The majority of the southeast is there as well.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/11314162

Cool story bro. You're paying the bill? HAHAH yeah right.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
A minor emergency with a wasps nest?  Find a broom or a hose.  And shouldn't the DUmmy have at least tried to educate the "deplorable"?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
He ran over it twice and only broke its leg????

You guys can't even lie anymore, Trump has ruined you.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline 67 Rover

Fine print:

No cats were actually harmed in the making of this drug induced fantasy. Any similarities to cats living or dead is purely coincidental.  Crystal meth should not be taken while logged onto the internet.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
So, you expect me to believe that you are too incompetent to take care of a wasp's nest on your own, and then turn around and spin a bouncy about handling someone else's animal emergency?

:rotf:

ONE bong. 

:stoner:

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
This deplorable household has 2 more outside cats.
We call those barn cats and are not really pets. This DUmmie is going to love that smell over the next 6 weeks and the injured cat marks its new territory.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
He ran over it twice and only broke its leg????

You guys can't even lie anymore, Trump has ruined you.

That was exactly my thought.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

OK, as BC pointed out, the cat was run over twice and had a relatively minor injury? Had that actually happened the cat would be a dead flat cat.

Having two or 3 outdoor cats is illegal? Nonsense!

Even some DU-folk should know enough to be calling :bsmeter: on this stooooopid :bouncy: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

... when he gave his ax cutting solution ...

If this really happened - highly dubious, for reasons noted above - he was proposing a form of euthanasia that would not have a vet bill afterward.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

So, This neighbor you think is a deplorable, He must be to live next to an ass hole like you. There have been a lot of successful businessmen that have had very little education, that doesn't make them bad people. It is also possible circumstances robbed him of the opportunity of a higher education, or maybe you are just full of shit that he only went to the third grade. As a progressive you tend to look down on anyone who is capable of a different opinion than you, which makes you a simple minded dumb F$$k.

As for the cat, it seems the driver needs some lessons on running over cats, when ever I run one over they are just a stain on the road. no need to waste a bunch of $$$ on a stupid cat at the vet.

To sum this all up I hope the wasps come back and sting you on the ass, and the cat craps on your rug. Have a crappy day. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Run over twice and didn't get the ax. Anne Boleyn should have been so lucky.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

Run over twice and didn't get the ax. Anne Boleyn should have been so lucky.

:hi5: and :rofl:

Offline Mr Mannn

I think this was more an attempt to paint the opposition with this picture:
Quick background: This deplorable lives close by, and has perhaps a 3rd grade education. He comes around often asking for yard work, he picks up cans, drinks beer on the job.

Progs have NO idea how the opposition thinks. They imagine themselves elitists, smarter than other people, destined to rule. Further, dehumanizing their opposition makes it easier to justify their violence against decent normal people.

Progs have no idea that they are the idiots. They are the ones with useless college degrees working at Starbucks . They are the ones manipulated by their betters, told what to think by their elitist masters.

over the years the picture of conservatives as presented at DU becomes further and further from the truth. To win, one must know the enemy. Progs do not know us. We have become mythical monsters to them. The result is 1200 lost legislative seats nation wide and an almost total loss of power.  Republicans will win in 2018 - not because we deserve it (we don't), but because the Democrats are so utterly pathetic.

Offline SVPete

... He comes around often asking for yard work, he picks up cans, drinks beer on the job. ...

While not impossible, this sounds more like "peacebuzzard" threw together a couple of stereotypes to create an imaginary "deplorable".

On another tack, "picks up cans" is supposed to be an example of the guy's improvidence, but I wonder what she would say about one of the sacred homeless who gets money for whatever by collecting cans and bottles for recycling.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Oh my.

Oh me oh my.

comment 3594:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,81827.3575

I'm trying to decide if she looks more like "drunken sot" or "crackhead vagrant". 

I think it's both.

Offline Adam Wood

Re: dealing w/ a deplorable, threatening to "cut off its head" re: injured cat.
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 08:33:14 AM »
End result, cat is now at the vet clinic, has spent all week there and today he is being released to me. Of course I am paying the bill.

I can't believe the cat survived, primary diagnosis is a broken leg. I will know more in a few hours.

So, the cat has been at the vet for a week, and they're just now coming to the conclusion that the cat's leg is broken?

WTF kind of veterinary practice is this?  Some sort of new-age witch doctor shit?  Did they have to wait for the healing crystals to tell them that the cat's leg is broken?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »

End result, cat is now at the vet clinic, has spent all week there and today he is being released to me. Of course I am paying the bill.

I can't believe the cat survived, primary diagnosis is a broken leg. I will know more in a few hours.

So, the cat has been at the vet for a week, and they're just now coming to the conclusion that the cat's leg is broken?

WTF kind of veterinary practice is this?  Some sort of new-age witch doctor shit?  Did they have to wait for the healing crystals to tell them that the cat's leg is broken?

Yet another suggestion this is made up. Here's how a plausible real story would have gone:

I can't believe the cat survived, primary diagnosis is a broken leg. End result, cat is now at the vet clinic (after surgery and recovery), has spent all week there and today he is being released to me. Of course I am paying the bill.

I even used her sentences, except for the part in parentheses. It doesn't take a week to do X-rays and otherwise check for internal injuries. Surgery, observation, and recovery, yes. Nor is it plausible that the vet clinic would release a cat whose leg was still unset, causing the cat pain, and getting worse by the hour, with possible internal injuries. The only question to me is how many beers or :stoner: s it took to concoct this phony story.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:39:12 AM by SVPete »

Offline Delmar

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 02:05:54 PM »
The primitives are losing their mud over a cat that's been run over but they are fine with Obama eating dogs.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »
The primitives are losing their mud over a cat that's been run over but they are fine with Obama eating dogs.
That is so totally  :lmao: .
:hi5: and  :cheersmate:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”