Author Topic: Reagan Campaign Director Says McConnell Should Step Down: “It’s Time for Change"  (Read 2663 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Aug 8th, 2017

Reagan Campaign Director Says Mitch McConnell Should Step Down: “It’s Time for Change”

In July Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans were unable to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Senator John McCain took a break from his cancer treatments, came back to Washington and killed the legislation. Senate Republicans have accomplished nothing this year since holding the majority and having a Republican president in the White House.

On Tuesday Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told a group of voters at a Kentucky Rotary Club gathering that President Trump’s “excessive expectations” are harming Congress’ ability to salvage its awful reputation and get things done.

Tonight Ed Rollins, the Reagan campaign director in 1984, said it was time for Mitch McConnell to step down as Majority leader.

Ed Rollins: I thought it was pretty outrageous. He better look in the mirror.. As I said before was fairly good defensive person stopping things. He certainly isn’t very good at offense… It’s time for change. There are several other members of the he 52 who can step forward. I think he’s tired.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/breaking-reagan-campaign-director-mitch-mcconnell-time-change-think-hes-tired-video/

Offline HAPPY2BME

Reagan Campaign Director: "It's Time for Mitch McConnell to Step Down. It's Time for Change"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HiD-EAcXuM[/youtube]

Offline HAPPY2BME

Mitch McConnell Complains President Trump Has “excessive expectations” of Republican Congress

During a Monday Rotary Club meeting in Kentucky senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took questions from audience members who asked McConnell to explain why Republican lawmakers have been unable to deliver major legislative accomplishments for the president.

Senator McConnell responded by saying President Trump’s expectations are too high.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKc2bE_xWk4[/youtube]

“I’d ask for a show of hands, but I know everybody’s saying, ‘been there, haven’t done anything,’ which I find extremely irritating — and I’m going to tell you why. A Congress goes on for two years. Part of the reason I think that the storyline is that we haven’t done much is because, in part, the president and others have set these early timelines about things need to be done by a certain point.”

“Our new president, of course, has not been in this line of work before, and I think had excessive expectations about how quickly things happen in the Democratic process.”

Offline HAPPY2BME

Fortunately, this ridiculously elitist and arrogant establishment tone will likely not play well. This, along with a host of other ridiculous comments and realities could doom Luther Strange in the upcoming Alabama special election. Luther Strange is the loyal Decepticon favorite of Mitch McConnell and Karl Rove.  Mo Brooks and Roy Moore are more aligned with President Trump.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/08/08/mitch-mcconnell-complains-president-trump-has-excessive-expectations-of-republican-congress-video/

Offline HAPPY2BME

Donors Frustrated By Failure To Repeal Obamacare Are Withholding Millions In Donations To GOP

Conservatives around the country are sorely disappointed with Republicans in the House and Senate for failing to repeal Obamacare. As a result, many of them are withholding donations.

The dollar amount is nothing to sneeze at, either.

The Hill reports:

Report: Healthcare failure costs Senate Republicans $2M in donations

Donors frustrated with Senate Republicans over their inability to repeal ObamaCare are withholding more than $2 million in planned contributions to the National Republican Senatorial Committee, two GOP sources told CNN.

Officials told the network that the GOP is concerned with voters’ frustration going into the midterm elections in 2018.

Sources also told CNN that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has been warning leadership and the party’s donors not to take the party’s 52-48 Senate majority for granted.

While Democrats are on the defensive to hold 25 of the 33 Senate seats up for reelection, a serious drop in Republican funding would damage their efforts in vulnerable states.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee currently holds a financial advantage going into the midterms, CNN noted, with $17.2 million in cash-on-hand as compared with $16.2 million for the Republican committee.

You can’t blame these folks for feeling angry and betrayed. Republicans have been campaigning on the promise to repeal Obamacare for years now. How did they mess this up so badly?

http://americanlookout.com/donors-frustrated-by-failure-to-repeal-obamacare-are-withholding-millions-in-donations-to-gop/

Offline HAPPY2BME

by Anna Giaritelli | Aug 9, 2017

Trump defends 'excessive expectations' on healthcare to Mitch McConnell: 'Why not done' after 7 years?

President Trump knocked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday for saying the former businessman had "excessive expectations" of Congress.

"Senator Mitch McConnell said I had 'excessive expectations,' but I don't think so. After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?" Trump tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

Senator Mitch McConnell said I had "excessive expectations," but I don't think so. After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 9, 2017

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-defends-excessive-expectations-on-healthcare-to-mitch-mcconnell-why-not-done-after-7-years/article/2631058

Offline HAPPY2BME

Trump hints McConnell's future is bleak if he fails on major GOP agenda items

President Trump cast doubt on Mitch McConnell's future Thursday by hinting that the Senate majority leader may need to step down if he can't deliver on Trump's big legislative agenda.

"Well, I'll tell you what. If he doesn't get repeal and replace done, if he doesn't get taxes done, meaning cuts and reform, and if he doesn't get a very easy one to get done – infrastructure – if he doesn't get that done, then you should ask me that question," Trump told reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., when asked if McConnell should step down, according to a pool report.

"I just want him to get repeal and replace done. I've been hearing repeal and replace now for seven years, but I've only been doing this for two years and I've really only been doing this for six months, but I've been running, so now it's almost two years and all I hear is ‘repeal and replace,'" Trump said. "And then I get there and I said, ‘Where's the bill? I want to sign it, first day.' And they don't have it."

"They should have had this last one done. They lost by one vote," Trump continued. "For a thing like that to happen is a disgrace and frankly it shouldn't have happened, that I can tell you."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-hints-mcconnells-future-is-bleak-if-he-fails-on-major-gop-agenda-items/article/2631191

Offline HAPPY2BME

Trump To McConnell: Have Healthcare Reform On My Desk Soon…

Via Daily Caller:

Donald Trump took another shot at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Thursday, telling him to “get back to work” on repealing and replacing Obamacare.

“Mitch, get back to work and put Repeal & Replace, Tax Reform & Cuts and a great Infrastructure Bill on my desk for signing. You can do it!” Trump tweeted from his vacation in New Jersey.

Mitch, get back to work and put Repeal & Replace, Tax Reform & Cuts and a great Infrastructure Bill on my desk for signing. You can do it!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 10, 2017

He tweeted earlier this morning about the Obamacare repeal and replace failure, saying he couldn’t believe McConnell “couldn’t get it done.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/10/trump-to-mcconnell-get-back-to-work-on-repeal-and-replace/

Offline HAPPY2BME

White House Globalists Form ‘Committee to Save America’ — from Trump and His Voter Base

A group of globalist White House advisers and generals have apparently teamed up with establishment Republican leaders in Congress to form a “Committee to Save America” alliance. Though their purported aim is to “protect Trump and the nation from disaster,” these self-styled saviors might be better named “The Committee to Betray President Donald Trump’s Voters.”

Axios’s Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen had “private chats” recently with their usual gang of establishment Republican sources in Congress and the White House about this committee of smarty-pants saviors who think Trump is either a lunatic, dumb, or both.

Allen also warns that “Republican congressional leaders”—which probably includes House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI)—“all could move against” Trump if “special counsel Bob Mueller finds crimes” or Trump “succumbs” to their definition of “radical instincts.” Allen’s piece was also published the day after Trump reportedly had a heated phone call with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

The “Committee” just seems like mostly unelected officials doing all they can to promote their policies that get stamps of approval from globalists and the legacy media who apparently hate policies that put America first and above their friends in their internationalist social circles.

Rupert Murdoch—who was so dismissive of Trump’s candidacy that he grumbled and did not even look up from his soup when Ivanka Trump tried to tell Murdoch that Trump, who was with her at the lunch, was going to run for president—is now trying to use his Wall Street Journal editorial page to take over Trump’s White House for the establishment that Trump swatted away.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/10/white-house-globalists-form-committee-to-save-america-from-trump-and-his-voter-base/

Offline HAPPY2BME

Offline HAPPY2BME

Offline HAPPY2BME

Posted on August 23, 2017

President Trump Hints At Timing of “Big Ugly” – Everyone, Except McConnell/Ryan, Misses The Signal Flare

All the key ingredients were there: A challenger for Senator Jeff Flake; prior statements from both Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan in opposition to the President; the perfect geography to highlight the GOPe’s 800lb open-border agenda; the failure to repeal Obamacare because of an Arizona senator; the border wall, etc.

You see, ever since Donald Trump entered into politics there is a key element he needs to keep at the forefront.  To continue succeeding he needs all of his adversaries, our adversaries, to drop their masks.

As both a candidate and a president Donald Trump has exposed a jaw-dropping number of political deceivers. He’s also single-handily exposed their hidden agenda(s), and proved beyond a shadow’s doubt that Republican’s were lying about policy and principle for years.

War.  Bring it on.  Many of us have been awake for a long time and Donald Trump is the man we’ve been waiting for to wage all out thermonuclear war against the GOPe and the crony-corruption within the Republican party apparatus.

Simple, because not a single democrat vote is needed to raise the debt ceiling, avoid a shutdown, and/or fund the border wall.

Republicans are in control of the House and Senate.  They don’t need a single Democrat vote to raise the debt ceiling, cleanly.  Nor do they need a single democrat vote to fund a singular bill to fund the border wall.  Not a single Democrat vote is needed, not one.

So ask yourself, why would Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell be struggling with a clean raising of the debt ceiling, and a singular bill to fund the border wall?

Within that answer you find the great awakening.

Within that answer you also discover the Big Ugly trigger moment.

There is no need to shut down government, when Republicans control the House, Senate and White House.  Obviously, if it comes to that point Trump is simply highlighting how there’s no difference between Democrats and Republicans in office.

All President Trump needs to do to detonate the Big Ugly MOAB is simply to make everyone aware, publicly, that Republicans can fund the border wall and raise the debt ceiling entirely on their own.

Oh, and don’t think Paul Ryan (http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstories/~3/PIIiTPghL1Q/index.html) and Mitch McConnell (https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/21/mitch-mcconnell-zero-chance-us-fails-to-raise-the-debt-ceiling.html) are not acutely aware of the possibility of President Trump launching the Big Ugly:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/08/23/president-trump-hints-at-timing-of-big-ugly-everyone-except-mcconnellryan-misses-the-signal-flare/

Offline Fourwinds

Stop bumping your thread already you sad bastard. No one's interested.

Offline HAPPY2BME

By Brooke Singman
Published August 24, 2017

Trump slams McConnell, Ryan, Clapper

While going after the Obama-era official, Trump also called out Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan -- despite the White House earlier attempting to ease tensions with McConnell by saying the two “remain united” on many legislative items.

"The only problem I have with Mitch McConnell is that, after hearing Repeal & Replace for 7 years, he failed!That should NEVER have happened!" Trump tweeted, referring to health care legislation. 

He also wrote: “I requested that Mitch M & Paul R tie the Debt Ceiling legislation into the popular V.A. Bill (which just passed) for easy approval. They ... didn’t do it so now we have a big deal with Dems holding them up (as usual) on Debt Ceiling approval. Could have been so easy –now a mess!”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/24/trump-slams-mcconnell-ryan-clapper-fake-news-in-series-tweets.html