Author Topic: Manny's primitives plan to reconquista Skins's island  (Read 3151 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Manny's primitives plan to reconquista Skins's island
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »
Oh my.

What perfidious plot's afoot.

No link, because it was a personal message; it's from Manny's message board.

Hello, fellow Bernie supporter and former DUer!

It is my opinion that the time is right for a limited return to DU to launch a counteroffensive.

(Hear me out please)

It is my opinion that Bernie will be running again for the Democratic nomination in 2020. If he does, he'll announce in less than two years. The table will need to be prepared; we cannot afford to cede control of DU, which gets at least ten times the audience of JPR, to Bernie's opponents.

We will, of course, not be donating any money to Skinner et al. Our main purpose in returning will be to create a more friendly environment for discussion of Bernie 2020 by pointing out the numerous violations of DU's new TOS which is in fact quite Bernie-friendly. While many have suggested that this new TOS amounts to a "loyalty oath", upon finally reading it I disagree. Obviously my real allegiance will be to JPR. I will be respecting (and fighting to uphold with respect to Bernie and his supporters) DU's TOS when posting there, but I will retain my right to speak as I see fit about corporate Dems and the Third Way on JPR.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the new TOS at DU:

---

No divisive group attacks
Do not smear, insult, vilify, bait, maliciously caricature, or give disrespectful nicknames to any groups of people that are part of the Democratic coalition, or that hold viewpoints commonly held by Democrats, or that support particular Democratic public figures. Do not imply that they are fake Democrats, fake progressives, conservatives, right-wingers, Republicans, or the like.

Why we have this rule: Substantive disagreement on important issues is always welcome on this website, but our members should not be made to feel unwelcome simply because they hold a different point of view. Democratic Underground welcomes all people who are members of the Democratic coalition, including the full range of center-to-left viewpoints and supporters of all Democratic public figures.

Don't bash Democratic public figures
Do not post disrespectful nicknames, insults, or highly inflammatory attacks against any Democratic public figures. Do not post anything that could be construed as bashing, trashing, undermining, or depressing turnout for any Democratic general election candidate, and do not compare any Democratic general election candidate unfavorably to their general election opponent(s).

Why we have this rule: Our forum members support and admire a wide variety of Democratic politicians and public figures. Constructive criticism is always welcome, but our members don't expect to see Democrats viciously denigrated on this website. This rule also applies to Independents who align themselves with Democrats (eg: Bernie Sanders).

Don't keep fighting the last Democratic presidential primary
Regardless of whether you supported a winning candidate or a losing candidate, do not prolong the agony of the last Democratic presidential primary by continuing to pick fights, place blame, tear down former primary candidates, bait former supporters, or do anything else to pour salt on old wounds.

Why we have this rule: Most of our members want this to be forward-looking, friendly community that is focused on creating a better future for our country. Continuing to rehash old fights that have already been resolved is divisive and counter-productive.

---

My first DU post in over a year, in the Bernie Sanders group, can be found here:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1280220001

An example of the way in which I intend to begin fighting back can be found at the following links:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=9391641

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=9399389

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=9399482

Here's one post I'm particularly proud of -- which has not been removed -- in case you'd rather not follow links to DU at this time (which I can completely understand and respect):

---

I haven't even finished with your entire statement.

"(Minorities and females) are the groups who strongly supported Hillary. And they are the party's base -- not the Bernie people."

So if I'm not female or a minority, I'm not part of the party's base. And if I'm a Bernie person, I am by definition not female or a minority. (I'll tell that to my AA fiance.)

Enough is enough. I and several hundred of my friends were driven from this website by you and people like you. We stayed away, many of us for over a year, and let you have your way with the site. Now I'm back and I will fight your misrepresentation of Bernie and his supporters tooth and nail, because I believe he will run again for the Democratic nomination and I will not let DU continue to be a place where his supporters are maligned and not welcome. That would leave Bernie at a disadvantage. I'm looking forward, not backward, and as a long-time member of DU in good standing I and others like me deserve to be protected by the TOS, just like any other member.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=9399564

---

Yes, it is difficult to again jump in to this divisive and repugnant environment. But I believe it to be necessary. (Thank the gods we now have JPR to return to whenever it gets to be too much for us.)

I hope you will consider joining me, in whatever capacity you can manage and at whatever time you feel up to it, to make DU a place where people can again discuss Bernie Sanders without being outnumbered and viciously attacked by his enemies and detractors.

Thank you for your kind consideration of this proposal.

FS
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Manny's primitives plan to reconquista Skins's island
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »
This will end well.   :rotf:

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 02:35:17 PM »
Oh Noez!!!  Bernizombeez!!  We are toasted!   :panic:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 02:36:02 PM »
Oh Noez!!!  Bernizombeez!!  We are toasted!   :panic:

Bernvangelicals?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »
Bernie will be dead by 2020 so save yourself the embarrassment of trying to flog him for a candidate now. He is a loser just like hilary. :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
This will end well.   :rotf:

Stocking up:

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »
Oh My!

Given that prior to billary gaining the nomination the bern-outs outnumbered the hillbots at least 8:1, there are the numbers to take over should they determine to do so. But they won't. The bern-pits are too unmotived to try and the hillbots would scream to Skins until he had to make up a bunch of new rules to stop them. Skins knows who buttered his bread, and it wasn't the bern.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 07:08:29 PM »

Bernvangelicals?

And Telebernies, too. 
Stevvy  <---  Has been trying to die. Even fails at that.
Naddy   <---  Hoards milk.
Skinny   <---  Endevours to run the island.   Fails
Calpiggy  <-- She's a man, baby!
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”