Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: Trump is prepared to strike North Korea  (Read 1498 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Lindsey Graham: Trump is prepared to strike North Korea
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
by Anna Giaritelli | Aug 1, 2017

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Tuesday that President Trump has indicated to him that the administration is prepared to strike North Korea to prevent an attack against the U.S.

"There is a military option to destroy North Korea's program and North Korea itself," Graham said on NBC about potential plans to respond to North Korea's increasingly offensive posture. "If there's going to be a war to stop him [Kim Jong Un], it will be over there. If thousands die, they're going to die over there, they're not going to die here and he's [Trump] told me that to my face."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-trump-is-prepared-to-strike-north-korea/article/2630268

Offline HAPPY2BME

Re: Lindsey Graham: Trump is prepared to strike North Korea
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »
"And that may be provocative, but not really. When you're president of the United States, where does your allegiance lie? To the people of the United States. This man, Kim Jong Un, is threatening America with a nuclear tip missile. President Trump doesn't want a war, the Chinese can stop this, but to China, South Korea, and Japan, Donald Trump is not going to allow this missile," Graham added.

WATCH: Theyre wrong. There is a military option to destroy North Koreas program and North Korea itself. @LindseyGrahamSC pic.twitter.com/R0Bxjegjjn— TODAY (@TODAYshow) August 1, 2017

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/892343978527518720

Graham said the only way North Korea stops pushing forward with its intercontinental ballistic missile program is if they believe there is a "credible threat of military force on the table."

"I'm saying it's inevitable unless North Korea changes because you're making our president pick between regional stability and homeland security. He's having to make a choice that no president wants to make," Graham said. "You can stop North Korea militarily or diplomatically, I prefer the diplomatic approach. But they will not be allowed to have a missile to hit America with a nuclear weapon on top and to allow them to do that is really abandoning homeland security."

North Korea tested a second ICBM over the weekend and is expected to have a missile that could strike the U.S. mainland by next year.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:04:16 AM »
Apparently, President Trump isn't the only one preparing to strike the NoKos . . .

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/south-korea-preparing-surgical-strike-against-north-report

I would think that the SoKos would warn us, at least, that this would be happening.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:26:06 PM »
Apparently, President Trump isn't the only one preparing to strike the NoKos . . .

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/south-korea-preparing-surgical-strike-against-north-report

I would think that the SoKos would warn us, at least, that this would be happening.

=============================

This is still in 'sysops' stage, but could go actual in minutes - BUT it's been like that for 50 years.  Rest assured Seoul is NOT going to do anything preemptive w/o FULL participation and backing of the POTUS.  It would be suicide, especially with China ramping up close to the border as it is.  The one to watch is Xing.  XING, XING, XING

According to a report in South Korea's Munhwa Ilbo newspaper, which cites an unidentified government official, South Korea's military is preparing a "surgical strike" scenario that could wipe out North Korean command and missile and nuclear facilities following an order by S.Korea's President Moon Jae-in. Munhwa adds that the military is to report the scenario to presidential office after completing it as early as August 1.

As the report details, South Korea's Special Forces are preparing a special strike op which would be launched in response to President Moon Jae-In's order to remove the North Korean leadership in case of emergency. This operation is taking place in addition to separate preparations currently conducted by the country's military forces. 

Offline farmer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 12:56:53 PM »
One wonders if US wars lead to terrorism, refugees, debt, and tyranny.