Author Topic: Navel Gazing the night away  (Read 3841 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Navel Gazing the night away
« on: July 27, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »

(I apologize for the title, I realized many / most DUmmies have probably not seen their navel since grade school if ever) :tongue:

Once again the DUmmies go navel gazing and come up with little more than belly button lint for their troubles. 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029380107

ProudLib72 (3,169 posts)

No, We Did Not Have 8 "Good" Years. That's Dissembling and Destructive

We had eight years of Obama straining to hold down the lid on the seething cauldron of hatred we call America. Every single one of his gray hairs was earned. We had eight years of RWNJ talk radio stirring that cauldron. We had a year of the tRump campaign stoking the fire underneath. Now that cauldron has blown its lid sky high, and the hate soup has boiled over.

There is no way we can blame Obama for not doing more. Give me a break. He worked his damnedest against an obstructionist GOP.

There is no way we can blame Hillary or the DNC. Just what kind of message do you think was going to contain that hate and turn it to love and tolerance?

We MUST change our own narrative and admit that the problem lays with America's own innate blend of misogyny, racism, xenophobia, and homophobia. If we continue to try and come up with a message that reaches everyone, we are not addressing the real problem. Are Dems more afraid of losing votes than calling out the hate? Well guess what, we are already losing votes. Time for a radical revision in approach. Shun the haters. Screw them. We have a platform that takes care of the majority. To hell with you if you are only interested in keeping your neighbor down. You cannot join our party. We are not going to allow you to sway our party's ideals to suit your selfish desires. Be offended. We don't give a damn. Call us elitist because your definition of elitist is someone who has moral values. We aren't going to stick our finger in that cauldron to have a taste.

In other words, it's the strength of the message and the conviction behind it that will draw voters. No milquetoast appeasement crap from now on. No more casting blame on individual Dems who didn't win. They are part of the party, and the entire party is to blame. Time to suck it up and work together

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:06 PM
Star Member pamela (2,935 posts)
1. Great post. n/t

Response to pamela (Reply #1)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:14 PM
ProudLib72 (3,169 posts)
2. Thank you

Unfortunately, it was "inspired" by what Schumer said about HRC.

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:29 PM
Star Member Demsrule86 (14,121 posts)
3. The party is not to blame...the whiny alt-left (green riffraff) is to blame for abandoning

president Obama in 12 and Hillary in 16. They have some never criticizing a party they knee-capped...and this has been going on since the 70's. When Democrats must fight a two fronted campaign, we lose. We need to vote for the candidate with the "D" next to his name and stop expecting a perfect pure candidate.

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #3)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:38 PM
Star Member leftstreet (29,411 posts)
5. The average voter has never heard of Jill Stein n/t

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #3)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:40 PM
ProudLib72 (3,169 posts)
6. That was maybe a little unclear

I mean we must present a united front and suffer the defeats together, no singling out of one person. We are a team. If our team loses, we all lose. If we blame the person who fumbled the ball in the third quarter, then all we are doing is working to divide the team. It really ought to be all of our faults because we all trained together. You wouldn't single someone out on a team. You would support them and help them to get better.

Plus, along with what you said, we shouldn't feel the need to placate everyone, the green riffraff and independent riffraff. Some will argue that we need those votes. Well, I agree, but diluting our message to accommodate everyone actually weakens the appeal.

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:36 PM
Star Member jaysunb (10,297 posts)
4. Start w/ a 50 State strategy w/ GOTV as the primary focus.

There's nothing wrong w/ the message. It's all about effort. And, I hold heartedly agree that we don't need to reach out to the deplorable among us. **** em 

Response to jaysunb (Reply #4)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 04:50 PM
ProudLib72 (3,169 posts)
7. Yes, that's what I mean by "strength"

It's commitment to the core message and broadcasting it loud and clear on every street corner, on every TV station, on every radio show, and on every billboard.

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 05:09 PM
Star Member SHRED (18,059 posts)
8. Fantastic post

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 05:27 PM
forgotmylogin (2,158 posts)
9. Imagine how far Obama could have taken us into the future

had he inherited a healthy economy and not had to spend the majority of his term putting out fires.
If only he could have found the professor and Mary Ann (oh wait make that a Delorian).  Say DUmb butts, just who was in charge of Congress when the defecation hit the ventilator??   Hint:   It wasn't Republicans...   

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 05:30 PM
Star Member aquamarina (1,138 posts)
10. I think the first sentence of your post captures exactly what was going on during the Obama years.

Every word is perfect.

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 05:33 PM
Weekend Warrior (49 posts)
11. Very well put.

I did have some criticism toward the DNC but they have made some big changes over the last couple of months. I'm excited to fully see their strategy.

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 05:49 PM
Alliepoo (9 posts)
12. Yes!!!!!!

Amen!! One hundred times, Amen!!

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 05:51 PM
Star Member world wide wally (10,135 posts)
13. The OP supports what I have been saying for some time now.

We are NEVER going to get 100% of the vote, so we need to quit trying for it. If we offend a bunch of deplorables, **** it. They are never going to vote Democratic anyway. We need to say exactly what we mean and so be it if anyone gets offended.

Response to world wide wally (Reply #13)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 06:14 PM
ProudLib72 (3,169 posts)
16. No doubt you've seen those tRump shirts

"**** your feelings"? That's what we need. Here is our message. It is for everyone, but if you don't like it, too damned bad.

The Dem party is progressive enough for independents and greens IF they see that we have faith in our message. I really believe that is what is going on: We are not being loud and obnoxious enough to make ourselves heard over the blustering of the repubs. Nina Turner got where she is by being loud and obnoxious, and independents got behind her. While I doubt that she can sustain her popularity, we could learn a thing or two from her about creating enthusiasm. But it's going to take money and planning.

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 05:59 PM
yonder (94 posts)
14. "it's the strength of the message and the conviction behind it that will draw voters"

spot on post, you nailed it and thanks!

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 06:07 PM
Mr.Bill (3,434 posts)
15. We need to be screaming in all 50 states

to end all electronic voting. If anyone objects to that ask them what they are afraid of.

Yes, they need to run screaming into the night.  Oh wait, they already do. :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Navel Gazing the night away
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »
Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)Thu Jul 27, 2017, 06:07 PM
Mr.Bill (3,434 posts)
15. We need to be screaming in all 50 states

to end all electronic voting. If anyone objects to that ask them what they are afraid of.

Remind me again who it was that pushed for "paperless" voting to begin with.  I'll wait.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 06:05:15 PM »
Once again the DUmmies go navel gazing and come up with little more than belly button lint for their troubles.

And here we got the navel-gazing primitives acting like Manny's primitives.

"Go left!  Go left!  Go further left!  It's the only way we're going to win elections!  Go left!"

Yeah, right.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 08:08:55 PM »
We MUST change our own narrative and admit that the problem lays with America's own innate blend of misogyny, racism, xenophobia, and homophobia.

Please run commercial after commercial telling everyone that does not agree with you this is what they are!

You will get over 600 electoral votes.  :hyper:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:08 PM »
We MUST change our own narrative and admit that the problem lays with America's own innate blend of misogyny, racism, xenophobia, and homophobia.

Go for it! Keep clubbing decent and intelligent over the head with your fantasy images of what they "really" are! It worked wonders with Hilliary ... from the nation's POV.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 06:21:05 AM »
If we blame the person who fumbled the ball in the third quarter, then all we are doing is working to divide the team.

By all means, give the ball back to the chronic fumblers.

Just one more time.

It's gotta work this time!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »
Time for a radical revision in approach. Shun the haters. Screw them. We have a platform that takes care of the majority.

Ummmmm, PL72, that "majority" you claim to "take care of" (excellent word-crafting in that phrase, Freudian-slip grade!) are the people you crap on and advocate shunning. But don't let facts bother you - facts don't matter on DU, anyway - just keep demanding that Ds keep self-sabotaging.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »
We had eight years of Obama straining to hold down the lid on the seething cauldron of hatred we call America.

Racial tensions increased under Obama and democrat support of Black Lives Matter helped that. Dems had to do something to motivate their base since Obama's policies actually hurt minorities and women the most.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 09:09:49 AM »
... the seething cauldron of hatred we call America.

You just gotta wake up the D Party! They need to proclaim this understanding of America to America! The results should be stunning! (Stunning defeats for Ds, that is.)

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »
He he he cauldron, that word just is not used enough in conversation these days.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
We MUST change our own narrative and admit that the problem lays with America's own innate blend of misogyny, racism, xenophobia, and homophobia.And  all those middle class working folks, specially the white ones.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »
Go for it! Keep clubbing decent and intelligent over the head with your fantasy images of what they "really" are! It worked wonders with Hilliary ... from the nation's POV.

the problem lays with America's own innate blend of misogyny, racism, xenophobia, and homophobia

I'm really starting to think there's some secret post generator somewhere that they all use.. you know: insert isms, press generate, out comes the post text. It's all the same...
Probably hosted on msnbc backend servers too... these people are completely detached from reality man. It's almost scary that these bastards can vote

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
Keep changing your narratives.  Maybe one will actually work.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 01:31:25 PM »
"We MUST change our own narrative and admit that the problem lays with America's own innate blend of misogyny, racism, xenophobia, and homophobia."
Oh, yes, DUmmy. By all means, have your candidates openly give one speech after another and air one campaign commercial after another openly accusing all Americans who disagree with you (In other words, the vast majority of Americans) of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.. That sounds like a wonderful way to gain support and win elections!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 02:04:21 PM »
Quote from:
ProudLib72

We have a platform that takes care of the majority.

:rotf: And you believing that nonsense makes us very happy.

Quote from:
Call us elitist because your definition of elitist is someone who has moral values.

And just exactly what is the source of these "moral values"? Be specific.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »

And just exactly what is the source of these "moral values"? Be specific.

I think he's referring to running babies through blenders and forcing women to share bathrooms with sexually confused males.
And don't forget gay wedding cakes.
THAt sort of moral values

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »
I think he's referring to running babies through blenders and forcing women to share bathrooms with sexually confused males.
And don't forget gay wedding cakes.
THAt sort of moral values

What their "morals" are is not in question. I'd just like to hear from where the source of their "moral values" emminates. Does it have a name?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.