Author Topic: Babykiller Bob reminisces about having feet  (Read 1943 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Babykiller Bob reminisces about having feet
« on: July 26, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
TheMastersNemesis (7,824 posts)

I Did Not Volunteer For Vietnam BUT I WENT ANYWAY. (Since the DUmp has brought back the babykiller epithet, you are now a babykiller. And you CHOSE it. Psycho.)

50 years ago this summer I was at Fort Polk, Louisiana (lousiana) at Tiger Land training for duty in Vietnam. My 81mm mortar training and advanced infantry training was just another 6 -8 weeks of basic training on steroids. (I hear it takes extra training to hit maternity wards with precision.) Learned to fire every infantry weapon 50 cal machine gun, M60 machine gun, grenade launcher, 45 cal hand gun, 81mm mortar, & m-16. (Gotta make sure they're actually dead, huh Bob?)

Up every morning at 430am and 6 miles running in combat boots before breakfast. (Now you piss your diaper and holler for your wife. Pathetic.)Was never in better shape in my life after that.
Running around the Louisiana forests in the dark was sure fun too.

Anyway being a draftee was no fun. (You JUST said you volunteered, liar.) And the fear of the future was palpable. Yet you moved forward anyway. Had a trick shoulder so could not do overhead bars. Passing the PT test was a real bear with one event totally out.

Yet looking back a half century it turned out to be really one of the greatest experiences of my life. And I was very lucky in Vietnam. Never had to fire my weapons once except practice. After two weeks of combat operations luckily got a job a mail clerk and then company clerk. My "*****" typing classes in high school ended up saving my life and my sanity.

There were times that we really sad and scary. But met a lot really great and brave people. MY captain (now deceased). Cant Nawrosky was a West Pointer and sure 4 star general at least. SGT Denison was the bravest and fairest human being I have ever met. And I can say that with full confidence. Of course there were duds along the way.

Ironically I value my experiences with the 1st Cavalry Division as the greatest and in some way most thrilling ever looking back.
IT REALLY WAS LIKE IN THE MOVIES.

I have had a great life so far. Except for losing my foot to staph 3 1/2 years ago I have done really ok.

Never in my life could I have ever believed that I would value what I went through so damned much. Yet I feel sad for the friends and associates I lost.

**** off, Bob. This isn't going to whitewash the shit you say. Can't wait til everyone in your life sees it.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Delmar

Re: Babykiller Bob reminisces about having feet
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:55:31 PM »
I have had a great life so far. Except for losing my foot to staph 3 1/2 years ago I have done really ok.

Well, how about that, the dumb old bastard finally learned how to spell staph right.

Hanging around the smartest people on the internet finally rubbed off on him.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 07:01:43 PM »
TheMastersNemesis (7,824 posts)

I Did Not Volunteer For Vietnam BUT I WENT ANYWAY.

Did you see John Kerry while you were there?
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 08:21:43 PM »
That post sounds vaguely familiar, yet the date/time stamp is today. Does he post one of these every few months, sort of a Best of Bob thing?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:09:24 PM »
Quote from:
TheMastersNemesis

My "*****" typing classes in high school ended up saving my life and my sanity.

Yes to saving your life (much to the detriment of the rest of the world) and No to saving your sanity (Uh, Bob, we've read your posts. Sanity and you have nothing in common).

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 12:27:51 AM »
That post sounds vaguely familiar, yet the date/time stamp is today. Does he post one of these every few months, sort of a Best of Bob thing?

Bob does seem to post about his VN adventures quite often.  As a privileged white man, it is the only virtue signal available to him.  Unfortunately they didn't give purple hearts for paper cuts or shit burning injuries.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 07:20:04 AM »
Bob does seem to post about his VN adventures quite often.  As a privileged white man, it is the only virtue signal available to him.  Unfortunately they didn't give purple hearts for paper cuts or shit burning injuries.

With all the DU-member Boomers pining after their good old days of protesting the Vietnam War, it's surprising none of them have unloaded on TMN for speaking fondly and respectfully of his days supporting the babykillers. Ah, well, if it weren't for double standards DU-folk would have no standards at all.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »

**** off, Bob. This isn't going to whitewash the shit you say. Can't wait til everyone in your life sees it.

How does ANYONE who served in that time frame end up supporting the very party that spat upon their service and stabbed them in the back at every opportunity?
Bad drugs? Head injury? Beuller?
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »
How does ANYONE who served in that time frame end up supporting the very party that spat upon their service and stabbed them in the back at every opportunity?
Bad drugs? Head injury? Beuller?

I dunno, maybe he's a Red Diaper Doper Baby who strayed briefly and came back, but can't quite bring himself to say, "I, too, was a babykiller!"