Author Topic: one of Manny's primitives is out  (Read 9470 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: one of Manny's primitives is out
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 10:37:17 AM »
Oh, he may have PTSD from some damn unfortunate life event or another, or at least honestly believe he does and have convinced himself it's the cause of all his woes, it's just laughable that DTG would be a vet.

PTSD can be totally disabling, unfortunately it is also incredibly over-used as a diagnosis and it's a spectrum disorder so that the bare diagnosis people will tell you runs the gamut in actual effects from totally incapacitated to occasional insomnia and the odd dark thought.  Just like autism or Aspberger's, it's something that can range from someone being an unemployable basketcase to high-functioning people who just have what used to be called 'A few quirks.'  The military medical system in particular is biased toward finding it, in large part because that's what they look for and have a system to handle (The old 'When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail' thing).  In a big way it's a trap for the patient, once diagnosed it opens up a lot of treatment and drug access, in fact the military docs went 'way overboard prescribing drugs for it for a long time, to the point that some of the more feloniously-minded soldiers started selling off their meds to friends and neighbors with plenty left over for themselves, establishing a military opioid problem which was miniscule beforehand.  Another trap in it is the whole victim mentality thing, because the marginally-affected but poorly-motivated got an excuse for their other shortcomings and turn it into a crutch for failure, and then there is the whole problem of failing to realize that getting a psych diagnosis is something that can come back to haunt one much later in life, in unforeseen ways, and close off many paths that would have been open. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 11:16:34 AM »
PTSD can be totally disabling, unfortunately it is also incredibly over-used as a diagnosis and it's a spectrum disorder so that the bare diagnosis people will tell you runs the gamut in actual effects from totally incapacitated to occasional insomnia and the odd dark thought.  Just like autism or Aspberger's, it's something that can range from someone being an unemployable basketcase to high-functioning people who just have what used to be called 'A few quirks.'  The military medical system in particular is biased toward finding it, in large part because that's what they look for and have a system to handle (The old 'When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail' thing).  In a big way it's a trap for the patient, once diagnosed it opens up a lot of treatment and drug access, in fact the military docs went 'way overboard prescribing drugs for it for a long time, to the point that some of the more feloniously-minded soldiers started selling off their meds to friends and neighbors with plenty left over for themselves, establishing a military opioid problem which was miniscule beforehand.  Another trap in it is the whole victim mentality thing, because the marginally-affected but poorly-motivated got an excuse for their other shortcomings and turn it into a crutch for failure, and then there is the whole problem of failing to realize that getting a psych diagnosis is something that can come back to haunt one much later in life, in unforeseen ways, and close off many paths that would have been open.

:hi5: for saying so much, so well, so succinctly.

Among other such things, it really irritates me to see :banghead: middle-aged dog-in-purse females calling their purse-puddles (poodles) "therapy animals". :banghead:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 11:43:48 AM »
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/index.shtml

Maine Medical Marijuana:  http://integr8health.com/services/medical-marijuana-evaluations/

Guess what?  You got PTSD in Maine?  You can get Medical MaryJane.     Now what gnome wouldn't like that??  Is it a disability?  Well if you are being treated for it with free pot maybe so.   :stoner:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
"Medical Marijuana" was always a backdoor legalization scam, with plenty of doctors and "doctors" willing to write a prescription for an acute hangnail.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:21 PM »
This sounds like a bouncy. :diebouncy:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
This sounds like a bouncy. :diebouncy:

I smell work from home scam.  :stoner: :stoner:  (in other words get disability and medical pot plus xtra beer and cheeto money on a go fund me page, beats standing on a street corner with a sign in the winter, gets darn cold in Caribou, ME.).  Werk?? What me??  I'm PTSD 'd. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 06:47:28 PM »
Oh good lord.

https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/i-am-beaten/

It's from a year ago; the gnome's been lethargic for a long time now, not doing a damned thing to extricate himself from his difficulties.

davidthegnome (1008 posts)   July 14, 2016 at 8:44 pm

I am beaten.

For those who don’t know me or haven’t followed my posts in the past… I am a thirty two year old man living with his parents in the northern reaches of Aroostook County Maine. To sum up my story as briefly as I can… at a young age I suffered severe abuse, nightmarish in proportion and horrendous in length, two very twisted, very evil men, made my early childhood and much of my adult life (even now) much like a place in hell. Sexual, physical, emotional, even spiritual if you believe in such things. I speak of it now because it was where my experience with suffering really began. One continued by the resulting mental illness, how different I was from others, how I was bullied at school, how I was a strange, shy, sensitive child who’s mind was already different.

(Note: I discuss this in general discussion for this reason: If we do not already have stories like this, either our own or loved ones… then it is entirely likely that we soon will.  I share my story here to make a point….)

I dropped out of high school as a Freshman, got a GED at 17, had a son at 18, and thus continued my long experience and suffering with severe mental health issues, poverty, and the trauma that is adult life for those of us who have been forgotten. I have been in and out of therapy since I was in the fourth grade. I have been taking mind altering medication since I was fourteen, I have been up and down – and all around. I have been a stay at home Father, a dish washer, a telemarketer, a radio programmer, a carpenter’s gopher, a yard worker, a bar tender – and various other things. All at wages well below what would enable me to thrive. Yet, I was one of the fortunate ones, I had a family that loved and supported me – and that, at the least, still loves me, though now I feel that they have finally given up.

About a year ago, I somehow managed to damage my back. I was a service bartender at the time, working for 40 dollars a night on the weekends. Due to mental health issues I had lost job after job even before that, I have never held on to one for more than a year, which, at my age, is something that employers view with some level of contempt.

I have almost daily panic attacks these days, I struggle daily with depression – and an agoraphobia that is growing worse with every passing month. I don’t want to leave my room anymore, I don’t want to get up and do anything, but crawl under a rock and hide. I suppose my sister took pity on me – and helped me get a dishwashing job at the restaurant she manages. On the fourth of July I worked a 12 hour shift that left my already damaged body in such agony that it took me three days before I could move normally again.

I then missed a day thanks to my panic attacks that make my body shake and my mind spin out of control – and eventually always result in my falling asleep for several hours. Today I missed a second day, for the same reason. Naturally, I lost the job too. My sister who helped me find work – my parents who have been supporting me, none want to talk to me today – and I don’t blame them. They don’t want to even look at me. I don’t know if it is because they are disappointed, angry, or because, perhaps they fear that if they get too close, I will prove contagious.

I can’t make myself do as I did in the past. I no longer have the strength, mentally or physically, to work sixty hours a week. I have finally decided that my only hope is to apply for disability. For some time I have been uninsured, barely employed or unemployed – and just barely able to maintain my will to live. Don’t mistake me, I’m not talking about suicide. What I am referring to is, rather, overwhelming shame, depression – and the feeling of utter defeat, which for me, has resulted in an apathy about my own life.

I feel lost and defeated. I pulled my back out again during my panic attack today and can barely move now. I can’t even cry about it because these damned anti depressants make crying extremely difficult for me. Even as I move forward with this attempt for disability, I do not think I will get it. You see, in the great state of Maine, we have a rather conservative mindset, in general – and a Governor who is, perhaps, one of the biggest assholes, least compassionate, least human men to have ever served in the American government.

I am sharing my story here, because I feel that I am among like-minded individuals who might have some understanding of what I am going through right now.  I share my story here because it could belong to anyone.  Others, I know, have similar stories, or even worse ones.  At this point, I feel more beaten than I have ever felt before – yet I know, that I am not alone.

I say, with the knowledge that even this may be futile… that my story (our story) means something. That it could be your’s. It could be your Brother’s, your father’s, your sister’s, your mother’s. It could one day be a story your own child will share. It is not only the actions of cruel people, those who inflicted almost unimaginable pain upon me, but it is the result, too, of a society that has lost it’s soul. When those in need are condemned with neither judge nor jury, neither hearing nor trial, no indictment nor conviction required to decide that those like myself are without value. “Let them eat cake”. We are the scapegoats for society’s ills (the mentally ill, the unemployed, the uninsured, the poor in general). A society that wants to drug test us, demonize us – perhaps even sterilize us should we attempt to receive some kind of federal or state assistance. God forbid that the mighty tax dollar should be spent on our welfare.

So much suffering – and I – many who suffer worse than I, somehow must find a way to continue our existence in this land that has forgotten it’s roots, that has forgotten it’s humanity, it’s spirit, that has rather forgotten about those of us now too broken to play it’s games. How many people still recall the words inscribed upon the statue of liberty? How many ever knew of them to begin with? There is no relief for me from religious faith, as I do not have any. All I really have left to keep me distracted physically, are my beloved books – and even they no longer comfort me as they once did.

What hope and faith (and ability to possess them) remains with me, I give to all of you, to humanity. Though my own life and it’s circumstances have, I feel, broken and beaten me beyond my ability to cope and recover, I still believe in people – and in the potential of humanity, mind and spirit (if such a thing as a spirit exists, I believe it is not quite what evangelicals would suggest). All I’ve got left, I’m going to put into this political fight. Into my small talent with writing to make a difference.

In the end, my conclusion is: damn me – WE matter more. Should there ever come a time when I can believe in my own life and my own potential again, it will come when we have all succeeded in our challenge to the powers that be. Not just for my sake, not for politics, not for wealth, conquest or domination. Rather, for our joint struggle for survival. For that moment in time when our Nation, and perhaps the world, might acknowledge that our lives have meaning. That our compassion and our empathy, our love for each other and our shared struggle… is what, in truth, makes humanity great.  It is not money… not prestige, not power.  Neither the might of the 1% nor the fatal power of military weapons.  It is, put simply… US.

Maybe I was too weak to win this fight alone. Maybe I have been beaten. So be it. I’ll accept my own defeat. I will not though, ever surrender my will to fight for ALL of us. If all I can do is write about it… then I will be writing until the day they nail shut my coffin.

Lots of love for all of you, my friends.  Perhaps on the precipice, at the end of our strength, there is yet a strength to keep on fighting, to keep on believing.  If we share with each other rather than continue alone, I believe we can do all we set out to – to make this world a better place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 01:18:11 PM »
Oh good lord.

It's from a year ago; the gnome's been lethargic for a long time now, not doing a damned thing to extricate himself from his difficulties.

I noted his long range career goal was 'disability'.  I will say this, for someone from "The Counties" with only a GED,  he writes very well.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 03:31:41 PM »
He gets the loser of the year award. If anyone needed to jump off a bridge it is him. :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :loser: :loser: :loser:

If I was that ****ed up I sure as hell wouldn't be posting about it on the internet.  :thatsright: :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »
Oh good lord.

I have yet to see a sad sack post like this on a conservative board. Any conservative board, ever. Just saying.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 03:42:28 PM »
Either the dude's a walking soap opera (any mention of hidden evil twins in his posts?), or a substantial portion of his CV-salads is fiction.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »
want one from 2013?:

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/11514442

though I never found out what this nut thinks caused the PTSD in the first place - he comes from a nice, albeit Democratic, family and his father has tried and tried to help him for years:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40463

:mental:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »
want one from 2013?:

This clown's hopeless.

davidthegnome (2,983 posts)   Mon Sep 30, 2013, 10:44 AM

So, I freaked out yesterday.

It's been a long time since I posted in this group, but I had to talk about what's going on in my life with people who might understand.

For fifteen years (perhaps longer but undiagnosed) I've struggled with Post traumatic stress disorder. There comes a time, usually every half a year to year, that, inevitably, like the changing of the seasons, this gnome has a breakdown of some sort. Yesterday's scared me more than a little.

I woke up feeling groggy, so groaned and grumbled my way to the coffee pot to wake myself up for work in a few hours. My parents and my sister were at the kitchen table, watching movies. On the outside, everything seemed okay, just a normal family - with two children near age thirty still living with mom and dad - sitting around a table.

My mind started racing, going in circles, revolving around everything that was wrong with my life. I can't stand my job, working for a rich jerk and making eight dollars an hour, a job without breaks or benefits. But I tolerate it, because I figure everyone hates their job. It's something we do because we have to.

My girlfriend had been totally closed off to me for a couple of months, becoming increasingly cold and angry as I struggled with severe depression and panic attacks. I felt unappreciated, misunderstood, exhausted, overworked.

To top it all off, even knowing I needed help, I couldn't afford therapy and don't have a regular physician. But I figured, millions have it much worse than I do, I can keep going...

Yesterday I snapped. I drove to work, sat in the parking lot staring at the hotel (I'm a front desk clerk) for about half an hour, debating whether I wanted to go in for another miserable day or just throw in the towel. I texted my girlfriend telling her what was going on and she told me I was acting irresponsibly, selfishly.

At this point, something in me was triggered. I left work and went to find my parents, not really wanting to ruin their nice day on the golf course, but with the vague idea that I had to talk to someone. I got there, found them, and told them that maybe I needed to be put in my own rubber room somewhere, that I couldn't handle the stress of my life... the anger, sadness, and even hatred I still feel from years of childhood abuse at the hands of a neighbor.

My Father tried to reassure me, to tell me about the good things I had in my life, how good I was at my job, how much people liked me... but it was like I couldn't really take it in. Rational words effected me not at all - until I got angry. I don't even know why I got angry. I just grabbed my cell phone, smashed it into a million pieces on the golf course parking lot, jumped in my car and took off. I had to get away. From what, I don't know. I just kept driving, for hours.

Eventually I started thinking about the people who loved me, and how worried they would be, and what a jerk I was for taking off like that, without even calling in to work. But there was a stubborn, angry part of me that didn't want any help, that was tired of wanting to feel better, of praying for a solution, or at least for an easier life. I considered maybe going into the woods and living like a hermit - then realized I had no clue how to do that and survive.

Eventually I got lost somewhere up here in Northern Maine. I went through towns without a soul in sight, saw broken down buildings, an abandoned fire station, a town that's name I couldn't pronounce (and I usually can), yet very few signs of real civilization. I abruptly realized that I was broke, just about out of gas, and acting like a lunatic.

To make this much longer, frustrating story shorter (I ramble enough as it is) I managed to find my way back home by the kindness of two strangers, and an eight dollar loan from an old friend.

I got home, called my girlfriend to say I was okay, to perhaps apologize... and she immediately launched into a tirade of what a jerk I was, how could I do that to her, how rotten of me it was to not even call in to work. While a part of me agreed with these things, it was when she called me an (expletive) insane freak, that I told her it was time to break up - she agreed, and we hung up.

I woke up this morning wondering what to do now... I really should call my workplace and explain that I had a relapse, that I was sick, that I'm an insane freak, but that might just make them more likely to fire me. I could lie... but I'm tired of pretending things are okay when they're not.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I feel like a total idiot, and wonder if maybe I really am a little crazy. Yesterday I felt almost possessed, taking off like that, filled with anger and resentment. Now... I worry that maybe my self control is slipping. Or maybe yesterday is evidence that it has slipped already.

Any thoughts? Should I check myself into a rubber room in a good facility before I end up preaching on the streets naked? Or should I take my father's advice and start going to regular therapy? I feel like I'm trying to juggle a million things at once. I don't know how I'm going to go into work today, even if I do still have a job...

Advice, condemnations, anything would be welcome at this point. Thanks for reading.

Nice little touch of pathos up there, the comment about the parents merrily golfing while their descendent suffers.

davidthegnome (2,983 posts)     Mon Sep 30, 2013, 03:24 PM

3. So I went to work.

It took every bit of courage I had, and even then I had a panic attack halfway there and had to stop for twenty minutes. I went to the manager's office, she told me to close the door, and I said, "I know it was very irresponsible for me to take off without calling in yesterday. So first I wanted to apologize for that..." and I told her everything that was going on, how right now I don't feel like I can trust myself, how I'm, in a twisted way, scared of my own brain.

It probably doesn't make any sense for most people, but she seemed to get it. "Well, it will set us back a little bit Dave, but I want you to go get the help you need, then maybe come and see me when you're better." She explained that the Boss (rich guy, owns two hotels, etc.) wouldn't be willing to take on the liability of having an unstable employee.

So now I'm out of a job - and need therapy, which I now definitely can't pay for, but maybe my parents can help. Maybe not. I don't know, I just feel defeated, like I can't function right. Millions of normal people go about their daily lives, their jobs and everything else every single day with little complaint - without having a mental breakdown every year like I seem to. I really wish I could be normal, happy, stable. I wish I could have a simpler life.

I wonder what the government shutting down will do to Mainecare and similar programs - I was already rejected once, but I'm thinking about re-applying to pay for therapy. I wonder if there's any point.

Sorry for the rant. I just feel so hopeless right now.

Tobin S. (9,422 posts)     Mon Sep 30, 2013, 07:43 PM

4. Hi David

I went for ten years without mental health care when I was insane. The pain was probably more than most people can understand or tolerate. It was like being in hell. Yeah, I think that's what hell would be like if it existed.

I suffered needlessly for ten years because I just shut my mouth and pretended everything was okay while inside I drifted back and forth between delusional paranoia and suicidal contemplation. I have no idea how I kept it together that long and also stayed out of jail. I do have two misdemeanors from that time.* When it all became too much and I finally did lose control, I actually got the help I needed. It shouldn't have come to that.

*including at least one for being a pooping Tom.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2017, 06:04:45 PM »
though I never found out what this nut thinks caused the PTSD in the first place - he comes from a nice, albeit Democratic, family and his father has tried and tried to help him for years:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40463

davidthegnome     08-12-08, 05:31 

Psychiatric hospitals?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't usually post anymore, because today I suffer a lot more from depression than from anxiety. But I remember well that the people I have known here have been extraordinarily kind, supportive, and intelligent. I need advice about something, from someone other than my Father.

Over the last month, on two occasions I've gotten very drunk. Hard alcohol, rum, brandy, vodka, whiskey. It's rare for me because I've never been much of a drinker at all, a light-weight, and up until the last year I could count on one hand the number of times I've been severely drunk.

On both occasions I became hysterical. I ranted and raved about how lonely, how unhappy I was, how useless I was and how much I hated my life. One of those occasions was last night. I lost all control and sense, called my Mother where she works as a supervising nurse at the hospital, called my 18 year old sister. Told them both I'd had it with life. (Understand, I am not suicidal as I write this)

One of them called the authorities and a state police officer with a big gun came into the house. He was a nice man fortunately, and somehow I ended up telling him my whole life story while he just sat and nodded. He eventually left me at home in the care of my sister... poor kid, 18, shouldn't have to deal with her lunatic 24 year old bro.

My father heard about it all today before he got home from a trip downstate at around 11:30. He is telling me that he knows of a hospital up here in Maine (in the USA) called Spring Harbor. A psychiatric hospital. He tells me that they could help me get off of the medications I've been on for ten years - zoloft, and xanax for closer to three years.

He says that the way I live my life is ruining me, I rarely go anywhere, spend almost all of my time in my little bedroom at home, drink too much soda.. smoke too much, spend nearly all of my time online. I've been that way for years now.

The problem is that I do not trust psychiatrists or psychiatric institutions. I know of their education, their training, specifically, because for a time I was interested in it myself. I know that here - the local psychiatrist charges 350 dollars an hour for an appointment, and if you have no health insurance like me you have to pay the full free up front before the appointment.

I know that they prescribe psychiatric drugs as if they were candy. Prozac, zoloft, xanax, ativan, citalopram, diazopram, paxil, effexor, and a multitude of others. I know that a great deal of Americans are addicted to these drugs. I know that there is no scientifically proven theory behind the science. Simply theories... to this day, they cannot determine via any medical test whether or not you have a phsyical chemical imbalance.

I am afraid to give up my freedom. I am afraid to trust the psychiatric institute with my life - more than afraid, terrified, and very distrustful. My Father says if I do not go I will suffer the rest of my life as I am now, and tells me he is afraid that next time I might really hurt myself. Though when I'm sober I don't even really think about it.

I admit that I'm miserable, but I'm not suicidal. I would have to lie about that to even get into the hospital. For a stay of three months or so - with no control over what will happen to me. I admit that I need help, but I am not sure if that is the right kind of help.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be welcome. Am I wrong to be so distrustful? Is it simply my pessimistic nature and is my worry in regards to psychiatrists (American psychiatrists in particular) completely unfounded? Should I turn over the keys to my life and my freedom to them?

Or should I do something else? I know I can't stay alone like this for very much longer. But my father's solution is not one that I like or trust. 

davidthegnome     08-12-08, 06:28 

Re: Psychiatric hospitals?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a sidenote... he is now threatening to have me involuntarily committed. I don't know if or how he can do this. I'm not entirely sure if the right to refuse treatment apples in such cases - I know that I am not presently a danger to myself and have never been a danger to anyone else.

Of course he was also drunk while he said all of this... a glass of rum in his hand. It seems like there's no where for me to turn to, no where to go. The only people that support me financially are my parents, and I'd hate being a burden to anyone else - I hate it enough being a burden to them. No friends, no close family that would understand, or even probably want to help.

Maybe the only way to do it is to fix myself, I've been trying for some time, but so far have met with failure. I wanted to go to a Monastery but my parents wouldn't support that. It's times like this when I wish I really believed, sure could use an angel right now.

davidthegnome     09-12-08, 03:39 

Re: Psychiatric hospitals?

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I don't smoke cannabis, I smoke cigarettes (marlboro lights, expensive bloody things). If I didn't spend almost all of my time shut up in my room it probably wouldn't be as bad. The Doc told me though that there are already significant changes in my lungs. Not for the better, needless to say.

I do have therapy every week, or did, but I don't have health insurance right now. My therapist was seeing me out of charity and I felt so awful about it I couldn't keep going. I know he's a busy man with a family to support and I couldn't stand the thought that he was seeing me for free, when others would have paid 60 dollars an hour for my spot.

I'm really not sure what the right answer is for me. I've sworn off drinking for a while, but I'm still really depressed.... and maybe I just have to accept that that's how I am.

Hmmmm.  It seems to me this one of Manny's primitives spends more time yapping about his problems than doing something about them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2017, 07:17:51 AM »
Oh dear.

comment 3580:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,81827.3575

I smell a rat.
His dad is the "ambassador to the global health care program", and he's not under medical care?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2017, 07:28:15 AM »
I smell a rat.
His dad is the "ambassador to the global health care program", and he's not under medical care?

My God, you sir are right.

Good eye, there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2017, 08:12:07 AM »
I smell a rat.

This is from that article:

Bill Flagg, Director of Community Relations and Development at Cary Medical Center in Caribou, has been appointed an Ambassador for Healthy Food in Health Care, New England.

The mission of Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) is to transform the health sector, worldwide, without compromising patient safety or care, so that it becomes ecologically sustainable and a leading advocate for environmental health and justice. Flagg was named an ambassador for Healthy Food in Health Care (HFHC) along with Conrad Olin, Food Service Director at Maine General Hospital.  The focus of the program is to motivate hospitals to implement programs that explicitly connect all aspects of the food system with health.  This includes sustainable procurement efforts, creating clinician advocates, and inspiring health care institutions to become leaders in shaping a food system that supports prevention-based health care.

Other than "Health Care Without Harm" being a feel-good-faddist NGO of possibly near-zero influence and significance, I'm not sure if that word salad has any meaning. Sounds like maybe male-parent Bill was too busy do-gooding to be a protective father - whether from abusers, as gnomeo claims, or from gnomeo descending into a world of very mental fantasies (or both).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:02:52 AM by SVPete »

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 08:17:02 AM »
If you can, could you please copy and paste this whole reply message to the poverty group?
The Cave needs a prosperity group.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »
This is from that article:

Other than "Health Care Without Harm" being a feel-good-faddist NGO of possibly near-zero influence and significance,I'm not sure if that word salad has any meaning. Sounds like maybe male-parent Bill was too busy do-gooding to be a protective father - whether from abusers, as gnomeo claims, or from gnomeo descending into a world of very mental fantasies (or both).

Yeah, but I would imagine Dad would have MANY contacts in the medical profession that could provide assistance for his loser kid.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »
Yeah, but I would imagine Dad would have MANY contacts in the medical profession that could provide assistance for his loser kid.

No doubt. I was just pointing out the fruit-cakiness of the NGO. The dude probably has the privilege of sitting in on boring do-nothing meetings, plus maybe a seminar weekend at some resort every year or two. Is there much agriculture up in Maine? Or is he contributing his personal ignorance to the greater ignorance of that fruit-cakey NGO?

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 01:51:02 PM »
The Cave needs a prosperity group.

Agreed.  There was a term used on a thread the other day -- brag-somthing.  It was part of a hilarious exchange where one DUmmie said he had 2 million dollars and the pack turned on him like hungry castaways on the guy who kept the last sandwich from the flight.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »
Agreed.  There was a term used on a thread the other day -- brag-somthing.  It was part of a hilarious exchange where one DUmmie said he had 2 million dollars and the pack turned on him like hungry castaways on the guy who kept the last sandwich from the flight.

I think the term was "Humble brag" - basically trying to top each other about who has it worse - the humble-braggart being called out for misery-shaming of and by a DU-member who had incautiously mentioned having somewhat substantial assets.