Author Topic: Primitive describes life locked up behind the padded walls of a booby hatch  (Read 3856 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11517292

Wed Jul 19, 2017, 07:17 PM
Star Member hunter (26,588 posts)

Been about a year since I was locked away with my fellow mentally ill people for a few days...

... danger to self, thankfully not to others.

Not the first time, and asking myself realistically, probably not the last. For now the new meds I acquired locked up seem to be working.

I'm a very dangerous fellow when I don't know what I'm doing and I've hurt others in my alternate realities, but somehow I've still got people who will stand by me at my very worst.

I'm not sure how I learned to build personal safety nets for myself, or why any sane person would ever volunteer for such, but here I am. I persist.

Thu Jul 20, 2017, 04:19 PM
9. Thank you.

I always feel like I'm dancing about my own issues here in this group, partly because I'm able to feign some measure of sanity up until the point I crash and burn entirely and somebody has to scrape me up off the street.

Shoes? Who needs shoes? I am Superman. Pay no attention to those bloody feet. (Self truth, there have been days in my life I need to feel something beyond voices and night terrors, even if it hurts bloody bad. Because hurt is real. The voices and night terrors are not.)

I even posted on DU a few times in the midst of my crisis, reasonable posts I believe, until they sent me to the locked ward, no internet allowed, no cell phones allowed, all phone calls in and out directed through the nursing station, some of them denied. More than three days of that.

Locked up we didn't even have any control over the single television in the community room. (Our rooms had no televisions, but they did have cameras. There wasn't any privacy in the toilets or showers either, no locks on the doors, and if you were too quiet for a few minutes somebody would immediately be pounding on the door asking if you were okay, and opening the door if you chose to remain mute. Big burly nurses, the sort who have seen EVERYTHING. Hey, I'm just taking a crap here...)

But partly it's a matter of pride too, and an effort to maintain some small measure of DU anonymity, maybe not so much for myself, but for those who have suffered me.

Haven't had any voices of dead people in my head for a year, or any night terrors, but this anniversary is hitting me a little harder than I think it ought to.

Translation:

Thu Jul 20, 2017, 06:01 PM
Star Member irisblue (9,273 posts)
14. Pretending I'm a 'Normie'

Yeah I know that one.
A slogan ...Fake it till you make it, never took for me.
I shower, groom appropriately, drink a coffee or water @ the mental health center/appointments, the whole time my agoraphobic anxiety brain is going .....ohhhhhh nooooo....

Thu Jul 20, 2017, 04:55 PM
11. Trouble is I'm not sure "strong" works.

I've got bad experiences trying to power through both asthma and a mind gone awry in my late adolescence.

If "strong" means a willingness to seek help, I haven't always been good at that.

Bouncing in and out of the E.R. unable to breathe, or psychotic, that's not strong.

It's not true "that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." The bad shit just leaves you scarred.

Strength is found in the acceptance of that which you cannot control and dealing with your issues in the most practical way you can find.

I ****ing hate my meds, all of them. "Normal" people don't need meds, but the alternative no-meds, me Hunter, is worse. And I've tested those limits multiple times to the extent I'm clearly an incorrigible idiot.

Does that make me strong?

I think "strong" means a willingness to accept things you cannot change and deal with them in a practical manner. I'm not very good at that.

Thu Jul 20, 2017, 05:01 PM
Star Member Skittles (113,868 posts)
13. remember, there is always someone here on DU

*always*

I am up all night every night

Yep.  And remember, there is always someone from the Cave watching, too. 

All night, every night.   :popcorn:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I grow tired of them bragging to each other how they are helpless to govern their own emotions but the next day they will be back to telling the rest of us how we ought to live our lives because they're so much better than we are.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 67 Rover

I grow tired of them bragging to each other how they are helpless to govern their own emotions but the next day they will be back to telling the rest of us how we ought to live our lives because they're so much better than we are.

Keep in mind also that their vote is equal to yours, well at least until the other personalities trapped inside start voting as well.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Hey hunter primitive, if you ever go temporarily insane, don't shoot somebody like a lot of people do. Instead, try to get some weeding done in the garden, because I bet you'd really be surprised.

:mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11517292

It's a touchy thing that my internal rules tell me "don't do that" when it comes to mentally ill people and poking fun at them.
The issue is that with dummies, I'd be doing well to bet they are making the whole thing up for drama.
Maybe I'm wrong and I'll go to hell for it, but based on the way they behave all around, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch really...

Offline SVPete

Been about a year since I was locked away with my fellow mentally ill people for a few days...
I'm not sure how I learned to build personal safety nets for myself, or why any sane person would ever volunteer for such, but here I am. I persist.

In DU you are back with your "fellow mentally ill people". They may commiserate, but I would not try to build a "safety net" among DU-folk. If you cross their ideological party line in the slightest, they'll be dumping on you and mocking you. That's what they are.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator

Yeah.  :clap:

The hunting primitive by the way is a near-twin to the now-famous retrowire primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
It's a touchy thing that my internal rules tell me "don't do that" when it comes to mentally ill people and poking fun at them.
The issue is that with dummies, I'd be doing well to bet they are making the whole thing up for drama.
Maybe I'm wrong and I'll go to hell for it, but based on the way they behave all around, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch really...

I'm with you, friend. 

But trust me, most of them will tell you it's the WEEEEEEEpublicans fault, Bush's fault, cis white male's fault, not enough welfare money on my welfare check's fault, etc.

Plus, if you're going to post your dirty laundry on the interwebnets...

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.

You're not poling fun at THEM. You're pointing out that a group of lunatics who can barely keep their backsides clean propose to know what's best for all of us. There are thousands of mentally ill folk who are just trying to get through life, and they're the ones you don't want to ridicule. The ones who need to be locked up on Monday but think they have the solution to world hunger on Tuesday are the ones I don't mind calling out.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline freedumb2003b

It is a variation of virtue signalling -- Hypochondriac Munchhausen Syndrome.  Some of the longest threads have been "what psycho meds do you take?"  They are proud of their insanity and dependence on chemical support since it somehow translates into how giving they are -- instead of the reality of how taking they are.

Yes they are lying.  Remember, dummies lie all the time. Even when they don't have to.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Online Old n Grumpy

If they have split personalities do they get to vote twice? :mental: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
DU is the crazy house.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline freedumb2003b

Yes but the other personality has to vote exactly the opposite as the first.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

Why would they thus limit themselves?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

Why would they thus limit themselves?

Because they are

a) Nuckin Futz!
b) stupid
c) Nuckin Futz!

Offline I_B_Perky

Excellent point, Sarge!!!!!!  H5!!!!  They can't even run their own lives and these egotistical asswipes think they can tell us how to run ours? 

Yo dummies? I may not be the smartest guy but I can manage to do the following:

1. Feed myself
2. Clothe myself
3. House myself
4. Get medical care when I need it
5. Fund my own dependable transportation

All without any government intervention at all and you dummies can't.  And I am stupid? And I am the one voting against my best interests? 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi