Author Topic: Anti-fascist group plans downtown rally, says claims of planned violence 'a hoax  (Read 11119 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Anti-fascist group plans downtown rally, says claims of planned violence 'a hoax'
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/11/anti-fascist_group_plans_downt.html

A new anti-fascist group plans a rally Saturday in downtown Portland – part of series scheduled in cities across the country – but the demonstrations have whipped up a heap of warnings by right-wing groups on social media that the gatherings will signal a "civil war."

Robert Brown, lead organizer for the Portland event, dismissed the claims of planned violence as "nonsense" and a "hoax" intended to scare people from participating in the march. A national spokesman for the group sponsoring the protests, Refuse Fascism, also denounced claims of any attacks during any of the demonstrations.

Since August, Facebook groups, YouTube videos and posts on other social media platforms – including use of the tag #CivilWar2017 – have warned that anti-fascists will cause a violent uprising Nov. 4 against supporters of the Trump administration.

They are planning something.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

They are planning something.
Yep. They issued that denial for two reasons:
1) To try and hopefully lessen the police presence there.
2) So that when things inevitably get violent, Antifa's leaders like the ones quoted here can avoid getting arrested on incitement charges. They can say things like "Oh, we meant it to be a peaceful demonstration, it was never supposed to get violent (Wink, wink)."

Offline thundley4

Has Antifa ever held a rally that didn't include violence?

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Has Antifa ever held a rally that didn't include violence?
They can't even order a burger at Rally's without it getting violent.

Offline Old n Grumpy

The problem is they have the rallies in lib land. the cops and city leaders let them run amok. They need to have them in some red neck areas where the locals can rip off their heads and shit down their necks. After hospiltalising a few dozen it will dissuade a lot of them from participating when they know they will get their asses kicked, and wind up in jail with a few lumps.

Open season, no bag limit, problem solved!! :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!