Author Topic: Trump says he should not have picked Sessions as attorney general: NY Times  (Read 1184 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
 WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would not have appointed Jeff Sessions as attorney general if he had known Sessions would recuse himself from the Russia investigation, according to a New York Times interview.

"Sessions should have never recused himself and if he was going to recuse himself he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else," the Times quoted Trump as saying.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-sessions-idUSKBN1A5007?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%2Breuters%2FtopNews%2B%28News%2B%2F%2BUS%2B%2F%2BTop%2BNews%29

Offline HAPPY2BME

Citing Recusal, Trump Says He Wouldn’t Have Hired Sessions

In a remarkable public break with one of his earliest political supporters, Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

In a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times, the president also accused James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director he fired in May, of trying to leverage a dossier of compromising material to keep his job. Mr. Trump criticized both the acting F.B.I. director who has been filling in since Mr. Comey’s dismissal and the deputy attorney general who recommended it. And he took on Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel now leading the investigation into Russian meddling in last year’s election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/politics/trump-interview-sessions-russia.html

Offline HAPPY2BME

Trump Blasts Sessions For ‘Unfair’ Russia Recusal — ‘Would Have Picked Somebody Else’

“Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself, which frankly I think is very unfair to the president. How do you take a job and then recuse yourself?” Trump said later in the interview, which reportedly lasted just under an hour.

“If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I’m not going to take you.’ It’s extremely unfair — and that’s a mild word — to the president.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/19/trump-blasts-sessions-for-unfair-russia-recusal-would-have-picked-somebody-else/

Offline HAPPY2BME

Trump sets red line for Mueller on Russia probe, warns he'll expose 'conflicts'

President Trump’s frustration with the Russia probe boiled over in a fiery new interview where he set a red line for Special Counsel Robert Mueller, warning against digging into his family finances beyond the Russia scope and suggesting he’ll soon start talking about the ex-FBI director’s “conflicts.”

The president has regularly complained about the Russia meddling probe, before and after it was placed in the hands of the special counsel. But his comments to The New York Times indicate he’s preparing to get even more aggressive in challenging the credibility of the investigation.

Significantly, he said Mueller would cross a red line if he started looking at Trump family finances going beyond any Russia connection.

''I think that's a violation. Look, this is about Russia,” Trump said.

The interview leaves unclear under what circumstances, if any, he might order the Justice Department to fire Mueller. But he complained anew that the special counsel was hiring lawyers who donated to his general election rival Hillary Clinton and called him out for having interviewed for the job to replace ex-FBI Director James Comey just before his appointment.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/20/trump-sets-red-line-for-mueller-on-russia-probe-warns-hell-expose-conflicts.html