Author Topic: They Told Me I Was Wrong, So I Went Right  (Read 1682 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
They Told Me I Was Wrong, So I Went Right
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »
An interesting tale of self-evaluation.  From the Daily Caller.

They Told Me I Was Wrong, So I Went Right

James Merse

Freelance Writer

11:58 PM 07/10/2017

I’m the first to admit I was a follower – I did like I was told. I cast my vote to give Barack Obama another four years in the White House, I spit on my faith and fell under the LGBT left’s spell that everyone had to love me, everyone had support same-sex marriage and anything less was oppressive bigotry.

I let Obama’s eloquence and effortlessly cool attitude fool me into thinking he had my best interests. I let his lies sink into my clothes and convince me that it was somehow my job to take on social justice, to solve world economic and climate issues and that my voice mattered.

I let five years of a New Jersey college education convince me that I was somehow to blame for the blemishes on the portrait of our nation’s past and that somehow my years of moderate Christianity made me hate myself and those like me.

I was in a graduate-level media course when the professor quite literally labeled conservative Americans “ignorant” people. I remember thinking to myself “what if she finds out I don’t like Hillary Clinton and I am against socialized medicine?” I kept quiet.

My disillusionment with the left began slowly with simple disagreements about immigration and uncomfortable conversations where I found myself being labeled a racist despite not only no evidence of such but generally ludicrous logic behind the claims; one gay leftist even called me a white supremacist because the people I’ve dated in the past (a whopping four individuals) were all Caucasian.

If more people would have these moments . . . :yahoo:

The rest is here:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/10/they-told-me-i-was-wrong-so-i-went-right/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

Re: They Told Me I Was Wrong, So I Went Right
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
I think some people reached that point in 2016 and President Trump is the result.  :-)

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: They Told Me I Was Wrong, So I Went Right
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »
I think some people reached that point in 2016 and President Trump is the result.  :-)

Thank God!! If hitlery was elected we would be done for as a nation. 8 years of obama's destructive administration was enough to open a lot of eyes and get people out to vote.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!