Author Topic: primitives question Olympian diet  (Read 6966 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: primitives question Olympian diet
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »

What a whiner!   
Bully. You just want to see her cry.  :tongue:

...in a forum called "Astrology, Spirituality & Alternative Healing Group".  :rotf:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »
BEIJING, China (BNN) - Today the liberal watchdog group Democrat Underground issued a statement condemning 6-time Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps, denouncing him for his 12,000 calorie a day diet.

Noting that Americans comprised just 5% of the world's population yet cosumed over 25% of its resources, burned 80% of its fossil fuels and produced over 75% of its carbon output DU lashed out at what it calls "calorie capitalism."

"This sort of disproportianate caloric intake strikes to the very heart of what is wrong with American society. We could feed 8 starving villagers in third world countries with the amount of calories Mr. Phelps consumes on any given day. He essentially killing 8 people a day just to win shiny medals."

A trainer for Mr. Phelps who asked not to be identified, responded, "Are they retarded? He's a world record setting athlete!"

DU was quick to respond that sports should not be a matter of who is the fastest or the strongest but who best sets the example of a global citizen striving for the best performance of humanity as a whole.

"****ing retards," the trainer responded before storming out of the Starbuck's where the press conference was being held.

:rotf: :lmao:

Retarded DUmmies, I at one time, did road bike trips all summer long. I'd go from Sacramento (Ca) to Auburn (Ca) and back in one day as a work out (roughly 50 mile trip with a 2500ft elevation change). A ride to Roseville (15 mi) could be done in 45 min or less, one way.
My daily diet was 4-5 bowls of cereal for breakfast, 5-6 peanut butter sandwiches and probably a Big Mac or two for lunch, more sandwiches (5-6 again) for a "snack" and then a full dinner. I was probably at the 4-5 k calories a day level. I weighed 205 lbs and as now, 6'3" tall.
You CANNOT eat enough food if it does not have fat content. Fat= energy. Veg= dead from starvation.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »
LiberalEsto  (1000+ posts)       Fri Aug-15-08 09:14 AM
Original message
I'm really upset at some DUers' comments to me
 Advertisements [?]In a discussion on another forum about swimmer Mike Phelps's 12,000 calorie a day diet, I commented that his food did not seem to include any vegetables. One person wrote that grits was a vegetable; I replied that I thought it was a grain.

I realize the guy has to load up on a phenomenal amount of carbohydrates -- my own daughters were competitive swimmers when they were younger, though not anywhere near his caliber. But I posted that it wouldn't kill him to eat a piece of broccoli or something for the vitamins and nutrients. This netted me a number of insults, including calling me a "random blowhard," on the forum.

I don't think it was necessary for them to be so rude to me, another DUer, just because I wrote that I thought Phelps would set a better example for America's youth by including a few vegetables in his diet.

Am I off-base? I am really upset about the reaction my comments got.

I've got enough stress in the rest of my life (daughter recently in a car accident; being unable to find work; having to use up most of our tiny savings to remove deteriorating siding from one side of our house; developing painful osteoarthritis in my ankles and knees; husband looking for another job; other daughter's car falling apart; worried sick about the government, economy and the election) that these comments have me nearly in tears.

link

What a whiner!   

The trauma she is enduring from her fellow DU's....it just....it just....ohhhhhhhh  the pain......<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZN%2526i%253D4%252F4%255F9%255F7%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
When I was in the active Duty Army and sometimes while I was in the National Guard,When we were in the field the ywould give us MRE's three times a day. The average MRE's Meal has 3,000 calories in it if you ate the whole thing. Now the most you would get everyday eating like that is 9,000 and that isn;t counting the various snacks we all had like beef jerky and sunflower seeds and candy and whatever else we could get. It's not hard to believe that anyone can eat as much as Michael Phelps after having to eat like that.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »
H5 Snuggles. Damn, we missed you!

Phelps is the best damned role model for American kids. He's worked very hard to get where he is today. He made sacrifices and hard decisions along the way and I'm sure there are days he's rather eat cheetos and zonk out. But no, he pushed on and did whatever it took to reach the top of his sport.

I can see why the primitives don't get it.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 05:59:50 PM »
I was listening to this station yesterday

http://www.104star.com/Home/tabid/731/Default.aspx

when the reruns of the Glennboy and glow show were running. They mentioned that a local Pizza place called Zio's pizza called in to report that during the swim trials held here recently in Omaha before the Oylimpics that a group of the swimmers had came in one night ahd the place had to close down because the swimmers had eaten everything they had to make pizzas. I couldn't find a link to the story but it would seem to be true about how the swimmers eat so much.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"