Author Topic: Liberal Impeachment Fantasies Have to Stop  (Read 3456 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Liberal Impeachment Fantasies Have to Stop
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »
This is from The Daily Beast, so it should carry more weight than normal.

Liberal Impeachment Fantasies Have to Stop

Trump and his supporters won’t go gently into that good night.

Erin Gloria Ryan

06.29.17 1:00 AM ET

In times of unexpected strife, the aggrieved seek comfort anywhere they can find it, like trees trying to grow on the side of cliffs. Since Donald Trump’s election, dejected liberals have sought catharsis in tears, in marches, in late-night comedy, in essays about reasons that marches occurred. But none of those things have changed the fact that Trump is the president.

We’re now entering a new phase in liberal self-soothing: the calming Nixon-expert-with-a-crystal-ball phase.

This week’s New York magazine cover story, written by Frank Rich, lays hard into the Trump-Nixon tie, offering history as balm. “The resistance” needn’t worry just yet. Just wait, Rich urges. “Watergate auto-da-fé wasn’t built in a day.”

Rich isn’t alone in his Trump-Watergate fantasy. It’s hard to avoid drawing some parallels between Tricky Dick and Teflon Don.

Like Trump, Richard Nixon’s Congress was stocked with allies. Nixon taped people (Trump, thus far, only lies about it). Nixon had Deep Throat, an aggrieved FBI guy, and Trump has James Comey, an aggrieved FBI guy. Nixon, like Trump, hated the press and loved his daughters and had a strange relationship with his wife.

At least they have the guts to say what we've all known, to the Left--including the primitives.

The rest is here:  http://www.thedailybeast.com/liberal-impeachment-fantasies-have-to-stop
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

Re: Liberal Impeachment Fantasies Have to Stop
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:05:54 AM »
Looks like TDB didn't allow comments on that article. AKA suppression of conservatives' amusement. Progs would roast Erin Gloria Ryan as a covert Trump lover!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:23:12 AM »
Nixon taped people (Trump, thus far, only lies about it).

Perfectly legal for the president to make recordings. What got Nixon in trouble was erasing the tapes.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »
Perfectly legal for the president to make recordings. What got Nixon in trouble was erasing the tapes.

In all likelihood, every President since Nixon has recorded at least some of their doings. I wonder if WJC remembered to hit the "Pause" button during Monica's visits. :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »
The difference between Watergate and what ever it is that the liberals have dreamed up this week is that the foundation of Watergate was actual, provable illegal activity. There is nothing like that with Trump so the comparison is a fail and appeals only to those who allow wishful thinking to dominate their life instead of reality. 
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 01:17:03 PM »
There is a better possibility of the libs contacting the Romulians and having President Trump beamed up to the mother ship than them getting him impeached.

They need to get over their losses , break out their bongs for the next 16 years and chill out. all the anger, bile and hate will not change a thing.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »
.....all the anger, bile and hate will not change a thing.

Right.

We all know this, and really, deep down, the primitives know this too.

But it's just s-o-o-o-o-o much easier to hate.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
The difference between Watergate and what ever it is that the liberals have dreamed up this week is that the foundation of Watergate was actual, provable illegal activity. There is nothing like that with Trump so the comparison is a fail and appeals only to those who allow wishful thinking to dominate their life instead of reality.
This, plus everything that's even marginally controversial is compared to Watergate; Plamegate, Gamergate, Deflategate...

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
In all likelihood, every President since Nixon has recorded at least some of their doings. I wonder if WJC remembered to hit the "Pause" button during Monica's visits. :bolt:

'Naw, Hillary. She was just eatin' an ice cream cone. Honest!"
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »
Let them talk impeachment.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:23:34 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 08:03:14 AM »
This, plus everything that's even marginally controversial is compared to Watergate; Plamegate, Gamergate, Deflategate...

Don't forget all of Trump's scandals, NothingBurgergate I, NothingBurgergate II, NothingBurgergate III, NothingBurgergate IV ...

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »
I will admit this is getting a bit tiresome it is keeping their eye off the ball and making them look really stupider than we all thought. :mental: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!